Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Wrestling Matches

Go down 
+2
supermanox
Underground Dyer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Old Wrestling Matches Empty
PostSubject: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:04 pm

I was just checking out a different message board where one of the members was talking about some old wrestling tapes that he had just unearthed from his basement and was going through them. He has some really classic, albeit, random stuff on those tapes.

But it got me to thinking...

Do any of you guys have anything in a dark corner of the house somewhere on tape that would take you back to the simpler time of childhood?

I was an enormous fan as a kid because I, as did most of you I'm assuming, thought Hulk Hogan was the greatest thing ever. I have a bunch of old Saturday Night's Main Events on tape (Simmons has seen them actually), I have the very first SummerSlam and Survivor Series pay-per-views on tape. The first SummerSlam of course features the Mega-Powers vs the Mega-Bucks tag match as its main event of the evening with Jesse "The Body" Ventura as the guest referee. I also have a bunch of old WrestleManias and other pay-per-views.

So do you guys have any old school wrestling tapes in a closet somewhere? Which ones do you have?
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:25 pm

I have wrestlemania's 1 thru 13 on VHS. Those were the days.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 12:12 am

I was more of a American Gladiators kid. I think maybe I didn't get into pro wrestling because my dad was a wrestler in high school and told me that pro wrestling was fake, over the top and that "I was gonna be kicked out of the house and eaten by Bigfoot if I watched it". To a 6 year old kid, that was pretty serious.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 1:26 am

considering just a couple houses away at our sledding hill we "swear we saw bigfoot" before.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 4:59 am

Are you two turds related?
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 5:48 am

childhood best friend. many good times...many good fights, but mostly good times. I only remember arguments about cubs/cardinals and what months Easter could be in. He claimed it could be in May and I kept telling him he meant March. He got pissed at me and closed the front door on me. Of course, I guess I bit him as a 4-year-old or something. He's got a world series title so I think its all even now.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 5:58 am

Ha!
That's a strange thing to argue about, much less remember that you argued about it 20 years ago!

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's more than even! I'd take a bite for a title!
Back to top Go down
Borsky

Borsky

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 8:20 am

I'll never forget when Tugboat turned on Hulk
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:34 pm

Ryan Simmons wrote:
childhood best friend. many good times...many good fights, but mostly good times. .

I had a batman costume and you were all jealous and tried to rip it off me so I think I took a swing at you with my He-Man sword...I think we had a fight over who Leon Durham liked playing for more: the Cubs or Cards. Turns out he was a crackhead anyways.

The funniest thing was when you picked up a huge ass rock and threw it at the neighbor's cat and hit it head on, unfortunately the lady next door saw the whole thing and came out yelling at you...the pure shock/disbelief on your face was too damn funny. And I being the good friend ran like hell back to my house lol.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Wrestling Matches   Old Wrestling Matches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Wrestling Matches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: Off The Subject-
Jump to: