Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vick's Plea Bargain

Go down 
+3
supermanox
meathorse
Borsky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Borsky

Borsky

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Vick's Plea Bargain Empty
PostSubject: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 8:15 am

I have a question...

With all personal opinion put aside.... is there any valid reason Mike Vick would try to hammer out a plea bargain if he was innocent.

This is like during the Steroid trial when McGuire pleaded the 5th. If he didnt take steroids why would he just say he didnt take em. If Mike Vick was innocent why wouldnt he plead not guilty?
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 8:29 am

Because innocent people do go to jail.

If he doesn't take a deal, he's gonna get the smack down from some much bigger and much badder things... like racketeering charges.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 2:00 am

He just admitted guilt, so there will be no questions about his innocence any longer. All that remains is how long the jail sentence will be and I'm guess he's banned for life or something like 10 years for the gambling aspect of the case.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 2:15 am

Even though I have been adamant about how I feek towards the allegations Vick is facing. Something tells me, at this uninformed moment, that he is admitting defeat more than he is admitting guilt right now.

Everybody facing charges alongside him had jumped ship to save themselves jail time and they were all pointing the finger at Vick as the mastermind behind it all.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'd say he just has no faith in being able to beat this with all of his "friends" pointing the guilty finger at him.

He may not be guilty in this, but he certainly isn't innocent. In my opinion he should at least do a year for being unaware of what was going on at a place that had his name on the deed. The things that took place there are too horrific for me to even think about.

That's just my snap decision, haven't read any of the facts, thoughts on the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 2:26 am

I think that maybe he was hoping there would be a little honor among thieves, and he learned the hard way that there is none.

The fact that he accepted the plea deal leads me to believe that he isn't nearly as innocent as he claimed to be. I have to say that I don't care how it would make me look to a jury, but if I were innocent of something like this, I would fight until my very last.

There is also this quote from his spokesguy:
Quote :
"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."
That sounds like at least a small bit of guilt to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 5:03 am

This is interesting and funny.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20362418/
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 2:23 pm

Quote :
But you figure a team will sign Vick, despite the howls (no pun intended)

I don't understand why he would put in a 'no pun intended' in the middle of the article. Have you seen the title!? And really, there was no other word that could have replaced 'howls'?

And going back to the article, of course Michael Vick will play again in the NFL. He's too much of a talent for any owner to pass up on.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:50 pm

Oh, I can think of a few owners that would balk.

Mike Brown would be at the top of that list. We got enough problems.

The issue would be that he might play again in the NFL, but he'll probably never work as a QB again. Anywhere he ends up is probably going to try to convert him. Not only would that work better with his skill set (I'm sorry, but Vick is just completely overrated as a quarterback), but his ability to be an effective leader for his team may be questioned.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 4:47 am

Mad

Oh. Oh God. Oh, my head.

I am so bothered by the NAACP sometimes. They make me want to start my own group. I'll call it the National Association of Shut the Frack UP! (NA-STFU!)

It just isn't a good day unless somebody's sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

I swear, if Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson open their fat traps, I'm going to stick my foot up someone's behind.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:56 am

Aw man! That's the 2nd funniest thing to come out of the whole Vick fiasco!
(I've never said nor typed the word "fiasco" in my life.)

Here's the first. The $63 billion thing made the news headlines, but if you haven't seen the complaint itself, it's gold!
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/riches_jonathan_file.pdf
(Hopefully this isn't a repost... I hate repeats)

Anyway, back on topic. f**k the NAACP.

I enjoy that the chapter president is named "White".
I also enjoy every stupid word that comes out of his bullsh**ing mouth.
"We further ask the NFL, Falcons, and the sponsors not to permanently ban Mr. Vick from his ability to bring hours of enjoyment to fans all over this country"
More comic gold.
I love the message. No hard feelings so long as you're still entertaining! I would find setting Mr White's hair on fire entertaining. So if anyone wants to go ahead and light him up, you're safe to do so in the eyes of NAACP law. Er, well I guess you'll have to be black, too.

Are there any black arsonists out there who would care to entertain me?

Last edited by on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:02 am

Holy crap. I got **ed. Sorry guys. Everyone else was able to watch their mouths. I'll be good now (that I have no choice) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 7:49 am

:idea:

Hey, I'm black! I can do it!

*waves arm vigorously*

Oh! Oh! Oh!

Me! Me! Me!

Hmmmm...gasoline, or lighter fluid? Any ideas?

(Also, I don't think that filter was all about you, dude.)
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:11 am

HIRED!
Lighter fluid.
Go get him, champ!

It's nice to have a black woman around so we can run all of our racist and sexist jokes by her first.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:50 pm

The NAACP's comments do nothing but undermine their standing. By saying Vick should get his same job back after being incarcerated, are they saying that felons serving time for armed robbery and assault and battery should be allowed their same job back as well? And just because the NFL bans him for life doesn't mean he cannot play professional football, there are several other options in professional football, albeit far less lucrative. That is the price you pay for committing and pleading guilty to felonies.

The NAACP does nothing to help minorities in actual need, they only come out to defend the public cases.

This proves even more so that the whole Vick issue is not a racial issue, it is a class issue. The super-rich feel entitled.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:52 pm

Quote :
The NAACP does nothing to help minorities in actual need, they only come out to defend the public cases.
Not that I disagree about the uselessness of the NAACP... but is this true, or do we just only hear of the public cases?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 8:50 pm

AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Does no one in sports know when to shut the FRACK UP???!!!!

Stephon Marbury's big fat mouth
Quote :
"I think, you know, we don't say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors." (emphasis mine)
Stop talking about things you don't know anything about! Shut your hole! Don't you have anything to do but run your yam? Did you learn nothing from Clinton Portis?

UGH!

I may just have to turn this into an arson tour.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 9:07 pm

I just can't believe this. You'd think that athletes would be trying to distance themselves from Michael Vick publicly especially after he plead guilty to those charges. But no, here's another idiot like Clinton Portis who feels the need to defend Vick and the dogfighting.

"from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport, it's just behind closed doors."

It's behind closed doors because it is ILLEGAL YOU IDIOT!!

From what you hear? From who? The guys running the dogfight you were at last weekend?

God, I can't stand it when these guys try to justify this kind of behavior. These guys can't handle the responsibility of being famous so they do something stupid to prove to themselves and the rest of the world that they are regular guys then are shocked when they actually have to face punishment like regualr people do.

Ugh, God help me. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:02 am

FARK headline from yesterday read
Quote :
"You know, from what I understand, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors." -- Stephon Marbury. So just for the record, illegal + closed doors = legal
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:07 am

Vick was suspended indefinitely. HAHA AHAHA AHAHA Razz Very Happy Shocked Laughing alien cheers king affraid lol! afro
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:27 am

I know, wasn't that the bestest? Indefinitely and without pay. And Nike wasted no time cutting ties with him.

The best part was the language Goodell used in his written decision to suspend him.

Quote :
Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible
I love it when they trot out the big words. Very Happy

This indefinite suspension could turn into a lifetime ban, because of funding the gambling.

Not that I'm experiencing shadenfreude or anything, but I'm glad it was handled so swiftly. Mike Vick is a fool. His career in the NFL is probably over. I don't care what the NAATOYA (National Association for the Advancement of Talking Out of Your Ass) says; if I owned a team, I wouldn't touch him. After all this, he's a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

I hope he felt like it was all worth it, because he has likely lost everything.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:25 am

Quote :
I love it when they trot out the big words.
Oh... wait for it.... waaaaait for it...

Quote :
shadenfreude
Hells yeah!

I hope he isn't banned for life. I hope he's banned for five years. He'll try to make a comeback, but be so rusty and out of shape that he just ends up embarrassing himself on an unimaginable scale. It will fail miserably and everyone will laugh right in his face.
Quote :
shadenfreude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vick's Plea Bargain   Vick's Plea Bargain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vick's Plea Bargain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: STUN Podcast Forums :: The NFL Tailgate-
Jump to: