Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All-Time Gold Glove team

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

All-Time Gold Glove team Empty
PostSubject: All-Time Gold Glove team   All-Time Gold Glove team Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:25 pm

Just in case you didn't see the story this week, the all-time gold glove team was released according to votes from fans:
C- Johnny Bench
1B- Wes Parker
2B- Joe Morgan
3B- Brooks Robinson
SS- Ozzie Smith
OF- Ken Griffey Jr.
OF- Willie Mays
OF- Roberto Clemente
P- Greg Maddux
Other players with lots of votes: Don Mattingly, Keith Hernandez, Jim Edmonds, Andruw Jones, Ichiro Suzuki, Paul Blair, Curt Flood, Roberto Alomar, Ryne Sandberg, Bill Mazeroski, Jim Kaat, Bob Gibson, Derek Jeter, Omar Vizquel.

Not so sure Morgan was what Alomar was defensively but that's what you get for being on the big Red machine. Can't really argue with any of the others. Wow, I wish I could have seen Mays and Clemente play though.

Brooks Robinson had the highest vote total, not surprisingly. I was surprised Edmonds was actually fourth on the outfielder list. He has 3 or 4 plays on the Top 50 Best Damn Catches show, he's made spectacular plays but kinda figured Ichiro and A. Jones would get more respect. Arguably the best Cardinals center fielder defensively though of all-time...probably still never realized his full potential though offensively, not quite a Hall of Famer.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

All-Time Gold Glove team Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-Time Gold Glove team   All-Time Gold Glove team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:00 am

I would have gone Roberto Alomar for 2nd Base as well.
Back to top Go down

All-Time Gold Glove team
Page 1 of 1