Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rugby World Cup

Go down 
+4
Max
Borsky
STUN.Ryan
rockhoppers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:42 pm

After the interest in the cricket world cup back in the spring I just thought I would let you know that the Rugby world cup kicks off in a weeks time.

This year it takes place in France and there are 20 teams split into 4 pools each team playing each other. The top 2 in each pool go through to a playoffs with the final taking place in the middle of October.

The USA have a team in pool A with England, South Africa, Samoa and Tonga. Canada are in on the action as well in pool B with Australia, Wales, Fiji and Japan.

New Zealand are the favourites - although they have a bit of history of blowing the big games, England are the holders but are quite frankly shit at the moment, Max and thestos will try to make a claim for Australia I am sure but they are not going to win it Very Happy

For what it is worth New Zealand should win it, I did fancy France but they are not looking to dominating.

I can provide you with updates as the tournament if you like...
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:53 pm

I wonder what channel I'll be able to get this on. I'd actually pay attention to this.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:20 pm

I am not sure if you have the channel as part of your packages but according to this press release http://tinyurl.com/2ejqwh it is on Setanta Sports North America.

According to this article http://tinyurl.com/2bv9be ESPN are getting rugby news from Scrum.com. Not sure if that has the world cup mind
Back to top Go down
Borsky

Borsky

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:06 pm

Keep us updated....I'm interested to see how it turns out
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 6:40 am

rockhoppers wrote:
Max and thestos will try to make a claim for Australia I am sure but they are not going to win it Very Happy

The thing is, I had no idea that we weren't going to win it. (I believe you about this year.) I don't watch rugby, but Australia is in love with sport so all I hear about the World Cup is that AUSTRALIAS THE BEST WERE GOING TO WIN AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OY OY OY.

I don't care either way, although I hope we do win.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:49 am

I hear Wales is pretty inconsistent...perhaps Canada will start 1-0?
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 3:55 am

You can hope, although if that happens I think every Welshman I know will be suicidal
Back to top Go down
thestos

thestos

Male Number of posts : 42

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 6:46 pm

Max wrote:
rockhoppers wrote:
Max and thestos will try to make a claim for Australia I am sure but they are not going to win it Very Happy

The thing is, I had no idea that we weren't going to win it. (I believe you about this year.) I don't watch rugby, but Australia is in love with sport so all I hear about the World Cup is that AUSTRALIAS THE BEST WERE GOING TO WIN AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OY OY OY.

I don't care either way, although I hope we do win.

I'm a patriotic Aussie thru and thru but I can't tip Australia to win the RWC. New Zealand have been far and away the best side on the planet for the past few years and I can't see how anyone beats them this time around. I say NZ break their world cup drought.....from memory they have not won it since the inaugural RWC in 1987.
Back to top Go down
http://kurtrudder.blogspot.com/
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:24 am

Yes the All Blacks should probably win it.

Wales is very much into rugby (more than football, but there are good reasons for that), but their team isn't the best...as put before, "inconsistent".

i don't get to watch rugby that much but i've tried to follow it as best as i can.

i don't have setanta...i really wish they would hook up with Comcast, but they've already got a deal with DirecTV. Their football coverage is much better than FSC's and GOLTV's but...it's all I can get.
Back to top Go down
simon

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:38 pm

I've only managed to watch France v Argentina so far. Fantastic performance by the Argies, the dictionary definition of organisation. Well done them.

Not much else going on really is there? Just the opening hurrah's of big boys vs whipping boys. I gather England underperformed against the USA?

US fans, it was 28-10 to England, which was poor considering the bookmakers were offering England with a 52pt handicap.

Also Sebastien Chabal for the French, what a man, he is what a man should look like. Looks like some sort of Viking god. I saw him in Manchester once, he drives one of those Smart Cars. Quite funny and odd considering he's about 6'5 and built like a brick shithouse.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Yup spent Saturday evening very pissed off.

England are poor, the USA are a good strong, physical team but England made them look like world beaters.

I am sure Brain was excited at half time in the Wales game yesterday as Canada where leading but they failed to score again and Wales won somewhat unconvincingly.

The result from the first game (Argentina beating France) probably leaves Ireland's chances screwed (but what do I know just look at my football picks). Other than that, New Zealand destroyed a weak Italy team but didn't look magnificent and may struggle if they meet France in the Quarter Finals

Anyway - The USA play Tonga on Wednesday 14:00 French time which may be 8:00 in the morning Eastern (but it may not Very Happy ), Canada run out against Fiji on Sunday at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rugby World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup   Rugby World Cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: General Sports Discussion-
Jump to: