Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32

Go down 
+3
supermanox
meathorse
Max
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Empty
PostSubject: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 4:57 am

Wow.

Just, wow.

Biggest upset in the history of college football.

Last edited by on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 6:15 am

Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 7:09 am

meathorse wrote:
albino

Alright, smart guy, I fixed my post.

Agree with me now? tongue
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 7:33 am

I watched that whole game on the Big 10 network, and the final score was no fluke. If anything, App State could have beat them by more. Michigans defense cost them the game though, App had no answer for Mike Hart, but played very good in the secondary. It has been all over tv here, Appalachian is one of the schools around the Asheville area.

Write it in stone, there is not way Lloyd Carr keeps his job, after this loss, and the upcoming loss to Ohio State at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 8:03 am

I only have cable and we don't have the Big Ten Network but I was watching very closely to see how this one turned out after I saw App St take their first lead.

And you're right Coop, it should have been over sooner. When App St. was us 31-20 one of their receivers dropped a sure touchdown that would have made it 38-20 just before the 4th qtr. I was thrilled to see App St win, not because I hate Michigan, because I don't, but because I went to a I-AA school and always wanted to see a "little school" beat up on one of the big boys.

Michigan is finished. They could win every game by fifty from here on out and still not recover from this. Pollsters will not forgive them for it.

But App St. (two-time defending I-AA champs by the way) should have a hero's welcome awaiting them when they arrive home. That would be an awesome sight to see.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 8:37 am

Max wrote:
meathorse wrote:
albino

Alright, smart guy, I fixed my post.

Agree with me now? tongue
Not really... now my post makes no sense. Thanks for making me look insane!

It's always fun when underdogs win... especially huuuuuuge dogs!
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:14 am

The best part was the coach's interview after the game. My local sports radio station always has App States coach on because they are the biggest deal we have around here for football, he's always real funny and matter of fact.

During his interview, he said the win wasn't as big as winning the national title, but that he would consider it a big win.

Nice to see some shit on the Big 10 a little more.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:22 pm

Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green took questions in the place of the Michigan coach after the game yesterday, here's what he had to say:

"If you wanna crown 'em, crown 'em!! We had our chance! And we let them get away with it!! DAMNIT!! I need a doughnut!! With creme!! Lots and lots of creme! Krispy Kremes! Denny Green hungry!! Get out of my way! I look like the purple guy from McDonald's. I play drums. My players laugh at me when I yell....someone called Appalachian State 'Cupcake State', and I was like 'wheres the cupcakes?!?! WHERE?!?!' and they wouldn't tell me! Just tell me where the fucking cupcakes are...for the love of all things sacred and holy, I want a cupcake and doughnuts."

I know a Michigan fan who said "oh we're playing a team like Western Illinois today". His reaction of losing to them at HOME was priceless. Absolutely priceless.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:11 pm

This is one of my favorite college football games outcomes ever. So happy to see a Championship Sub-Division team beat the almighty Wolverines at the Big House. This pretty much locks the fact Robert will truly never post here again. Michigan football is all the poor guy had left.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 3:48 am

I love it. This could not have happened to a bigger POS than Lloyd Ahole Carr. I have no use for the guy and his firing will come none too soon for me. By the way, the origins of my dislike for Carr stem to the day about ten years ago that he trashed Peyton Manning, saying Manning didn't deserve the Heisman. He also had some other choice comments about Manning and his failure to win the big game. I'm all for coaches promoting their kids for awards -- as he did with Rod Woodson for the Heisman that day. But classy coaches don't promote their kids by trashing other kids. Bottom line: in the game of life, Lloyd Carr is a loser who feels the need to trash other kids to promote his own. Maybe this is the year the bad karma he has created for himself catches up with him. Not a bad start. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 12:44 am

You mean Charles Woodson right Coast?
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32   Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32
Page 1 of 1