Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Florida Repeat

Go down 
+3
Underground Dyer
STUN.Ryan
supermanox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 8:13 pm

I'll throw it out there, I think Florida repeats this year. USC has too much hype, and they may the other half of the title game, but I think LSU chokes on the pressure and doesn't make it, but Meyer has Florida believing they can do it and that is a big part. Plus Tebow is the man.

This is all assuming Iowa doesn't put it all together and make their long-awaited run.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Quote :
This is all assuming Iowa doesn't put it all together and make their long-awaited run.

Was this meant to be a jab at me?

Ha. I like USC rightnow, but think it will be them vs. Florida in the national title game. USC has a pretty loaded roster still. I think its possible this whole thing at USC could come crashing down at some point if they have had some of the same, if not more, shenanigans that took place at Oklahoma. Sure the Sooners got a slap on the wrist, but I have this feeling (hope I'm wrong) that USC's potential list of wrong doings could be so long that it could really hit their scholarship numbers.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 pm

I'm actually a big Iowa fan, thus perennially disappointed.

I didn't even think about possible sanctions coming down on USC, that will be an interesting thing to watch. The other wildcard with the championship is the pain in the ass big east. If one of those teams catches fire and goes undefeated throught those "brutal" schedules, they could spoil the national title picture.

Another note, is the two time defending NCAA Div 2 champions Appalachian State, opening their season at the Big House in Michigan, I'm pulling for a big upset.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 9:51 pm

I knew you enjoyed the Hawks, but the chance of them doing anything this year would shock the hell out of me. I expect more medicrity. however, I can tell you there are some nice developments taking place in their offense rright now.

Sophomore Dominique Douglas looked good in spring drills. He led all freshmen in receptions last year. I can't remember being this excited about a receiver since Tim Dwight. They have totally different styles, but I think Douglas has a real shot at becoming an NFL receiver if he shows improvement this year.

There's also what I woulc consider a nice quarterback problem going on in Iowa City. I'll be the first to say I loved Drew Tate's fiery competitiveness, but will also be the first to say i knew he wasn't a good quarterback for awhile. He was heavily recruited by Michigan, Michigan State, Arkansas, and Kansas State. Pretty good company for iowa to be in on getting this guy. Their back up, some freshman I can't remember, looked really good, but just got in trouble over the weekend for driving with a suspended license.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 9:53 pm

I should have specified he led all freshmen in the nation in receptions.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 9:54 pm

supermanox wrote:
Another note, is the two time defending NCAA Div 2 champions Appalachian State, opening their season at the Big House in Michigan, I'm pulling for a big upset.

Two-Time defending I-AA Champs Coop, not Division II. I watched their playoff run last year and was very impressed with them, especially since they had a Freshman at quarterback. One game in particular I remember was when they played Youngstown State in the National Semis last year, they wiped the turf with YSU. YSU is in the same conference with Me and Simmons' alma mater Western Illinois so I was rooting for the conference team to get it done.....oops.

But I would love to see one of those I-AA schools knock off somebody big like that. How much would a loss like that just destroy Michigan's season. They could win every game after 100-0 and still not be able to recover from the fact that they lost at home to Appalachin State.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:17 am

And now there is no such thing as DI-AA. It's Division I Championship Football or something.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:22 am

yeah yeah, D-1, D-2 and D-3. Thats it, a monkey in a suit is still monkey.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:43 am

They're calling I-AA - Division I Championship Division and I-A is Division I Bowl Division.

Just based on the name, which one would you want to watch?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:47 am

They both sound dumb.

Why does the NCAA insist on making Football so damn ambiguous?! They've put systems in place that mostly make sense in every other sport. Why so much trouble with this one? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
robertallen

Male Number of posts : 11

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:45 pm

I could see Florida doing it again. I wonder how it will be with a new QB, that's the only reason I'm writing them off. Gator fans better enjoy this while it lasts, because Urban Meyer will bolt to the NFL. The days of "career coaches" with the exception of Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno and Lloyd Carr...coaches will leave whenever they feel like it. And these days, it looks like NFL teams are starting to open their minds to head coaching candidates. I am still trying to process in my mind that I'm almost the same age as a Head Coach in the NFL.

I'm still holding out for a Michigan v USC National Championship. Yes, Michigan is a homer pick but objectively speaking all of Michigan's seniors & experience are back (Chad Henne, Mike Hart, Jake Long, Mario Manningham). Granted their defense is somewhat of a concern (CB and LB) but on paper the offense is probably going to be #1 or #2 in the country. [Remember this name in 3 or 4 years: Quarterback Ryan Mallett...the next Peyton Manning <but consider the source...the first 2 games I saw John Navarre play at Michigan I thought he was going to be the next Elway>]

But you know how it goes with Michigan, they always find a way to lose that one game.

Not to change the subject...but did you guys notice some analysts see Wisconsin to be a favorite not only in the Big Ten but the BCS? I could see that. It's funny that for years people always viewed the Big Ten as the Big Two and everyone else (Michigan and Ohio State)...but I have to think that Barry Alvarez has helped to make Wisconsin a powerhouse as well. Great college sports town (I've been there), great atmosphere in the fall, a party town.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 11:02 pm

I agree that the Big Ten will come down to Wisconsin and Michigan this year, I'd be surprised to see Wisconsin take it all. But Beilema(sp?) did a great job his first year, the only loss he had was to Michigan in the big house early in the season, so anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:07 am

Florida repeat? 10-2 would be a great season for them, and I don't see them even doing that. They're going to start 5-0, but then the season gets tough. It's hard to see any team repeating when it only has 8 returning starters and loses 9 to the NFL. 9-3 seems much more likely. They might sniff a BCS game if they win the SEC East, but can't see them going unbeaten or losing just once...which is what it would take to get to the Champ. game. I think the National Champion will come from USC, LSU, West Virginia, Michigan, Oklahoma or Texas. It would not surprise me if all those teams lost no more than once.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:09 am

Coast, especially take a long hard look at West Virginia's schedule. I smell BCS Championship appearance.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 6:33 pm

No way does WVU get into the national championship. They lost at home to USF last year, and I think Louisville knocks them off this year. I'm getting a little worried about my Florida pick, I actually think South Carolina has a great year and knocks off Florida, they game within inches of getting them last year.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 6:41 pm

There is no way in hell Florida repeats or Michigan loses to Appalachian. No chance in hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Florida Repeat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Florida Repeat   Florida Repeat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Florida Repeat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: NCAA Football-
Jump to: