Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Completely Underperforming By September

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Completely Underperforming By September Empty
PostSubject: Completely Underperforming By September   Completely Underperforming By September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 12:49 am

That's what it is. I cannot believe how lazy this team has played in the last month and a half, after having such a rocking ass June and July. They've proven either...

that they didn't have the "fire and the passion" to get them to the playoffs.

or...that this team is not ready for primetime.

I think it's like...a bit of both. It's interesting that they're best producers are the youngens. But this crap of continuing to lead Soriano off...it's killing the lineup.

Theriot is BUILT to be a lead off guy, and they were doing much better when he was there.

My 1-5 would be: Theriot, De Rosa, Soriano, Ramirez, and Lee.

Drop Lee NOW from that 3rd spot. He's absolutely lifeless. They've turned murderer's row into murdered row.

It's not funny, it's not fun. And I don't know if they can turn it around, especially getting smacked around by the PIRATES last night. God.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Completely Underperforming By September   Completely Underperforming By September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 12:58 am

This team is what, 2 games over .500 now? The way I look at it, their two "supposed" two best players Carlos Zambrano and Derrek Lee are 2 of the main reasons why this team is where it's at. Z hasn't won a games since July I think and Lee grounds into every double play imaginable. I don't even want to watch today's game for fear of another heartbreaking loss.
Back to top Go down
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Completely Underperforming By September   Completely Underperforming By September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 1:26 am

isn't snell pitching tonight to boot? god, what if we lose the series to the pirates? i guess i'd believe it could happen...after what i've seen lately.

i think i'll tune in just to see what crazy antics zambrano has in store for us tonight. maybe i'll throw some stuff at the tv, i don't know...ugh.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Completely Underperforming By September   Completely Underperforming By September Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:17 pm

Does Zambrano need to have an emotional breakdown in order to do well?

I think the Cubs lack leadership. Lee doesn't seem to be working that role too well. Certainly isn't gonna be Ramirez or Soriano.

Then again, I go by what I see on the field. I'm not in clubhouse. Just my observations.

They just seem to have way too much talent to be only 3 over right now.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Completely Underperforming By September   Completely Underperforming By September Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Completely Underperforming By September
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: Major League Baseball-
Jump to: