Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One

Go down 
+3
simon
STUN.Ryan
Underground Dyer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Empty
PostSubject: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:17 am

Post your comments and questions about week one here on the message board and I will get to them as I move through the schedule.

I've pretty much decided that I will announce a segment in advance. For example, tomorrow I will open with talk about the Thursday night game between the Colts and Saints and will announce the second segment as being:

Denver at Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Philly at Green Bay

That way, I can answer questions or respond to comments as I talk about the game instead of reading about them later.

Hopefully this system will work. But it is also week one so we're bound to suffer some growing pains.

www.wrlr.fm is where you guys can hear the show over the web or you can wait until I get it uploaded for the podcast.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:47 pm

Larry's show begins in about an hour and 20 from now...Good luck buddy!
Back to top Go down
simon

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:53 pm

Have a good show! I wont be listening live, but I'll nab the podcast when I get back to work (got no speakers on this PC)
Back to top Go down
wasudante

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:12 pm

larry-
consider this my email into your show today.

why is it that noone is really giving the seahawks much respect going into this year. the hawks have won the division i think three or four years in a row. they made some more additions this off-season. what's not to like here about this team making to the nfc title game?

dante in washington
Back to top Go down
wasudante

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:42 pm

confused....you said if someone is probable there is a good chance that they won't play and then said questionable is an outside chance they won't play. it should be the other way around.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:47 pm

I can't get the feed for some reason. I'll have to catch it in replay.

I hope it's going well though.!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:58 pm

Shaun Alexander - Last Year Madden.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:59 pm

Madden 07 = Shaun Alexander.

Also, there is no curse Razz
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:20 pm

Dude there's a curse.

I don't believe in curses, and I believe in the Madden Curse.

Come talk to me when Vince young breaks his ankle in three places doing something really innocuous, like sliding for a first down or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
fgdieudonne

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:36 pm

You sound GREAT Larry. Steph and I are proud of you!!! I know, it's shocking but she listened for a minute.
I'm listening to you instead of watching "countdown"
ESPN beware!!!
LD3 is on the air!!!
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:05 pm

Quote :
I don't believe in curses, and I believe in the Madden Curse.
I don't believe in curses, but I believe in the Madden Coincidence.

It's not EA Games that crushed the Titan's offense and left poor Vince all alone. He's going to be destroyed this year, but it ain't cause of Madden.

EDIT: Also... yay Larry! Well done. It's gotta be hard to go for that long without a co-host! Congratulations... you damn windbag Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 11:44 pm

meathorse wrote:
]Yay Larry! Well done. It's gotta be hard to go for that long without a co-host! Congratulations... you damn windbag Very Happy

Thanks meathorse and thanks to everyone who listened. Thanks Fritz for the kind words, I got your message. And thanks to Simmons for his advice to relax because I was a little rattled in the first segment or two. There was a lot to remember with setting up the spots for the break, making sure my outro music was playing, making sure I had the mixer turned up for the ads to play etc. And doing that all by myself was a bit nerve racking in the beginning, but it got easier as I went along and you guys could probably tell when I began to relax.

Anyway, wasudante, sorry I didn't get to your question about Seattle, try me again next week, I promise I will be more organized and devote an equal amount to each game as opposed to having to rush through the last four games the way I did today to finish the show on time.

Just finished editing the show, will be up for all to hear a little later today.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 1:17 am

Week One Podcast is up on the MyPodcast site here:

http://sundaynfltailgate.mypodcast.com/index.html

Should be up on iTunes a little later as well.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 1:57 am

For anyone who can't find the show on iTunes here is the link to the show page.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=263294850
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One   Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday NFL Tailgate Week One
Page 1 of 1