Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions

Go down 
+8
Max
meathorse
Underground Dyer
Nas
wasudante
whodeygal
simon
STUN.Ryan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:12 am

Now when people make fun of the Broncos when they lose or play like crap I can say, "Yeah? Well at least we killed a guy."
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:24 am

Oh man, that's not right.

What's worse is that I involuntarily giggled. See what you made me do?!

My heart goes out for that kid though. Wasn't he a rookie? Welcome to the NFL, kid! You may never walk again! That's sad.

What was up with that Dallas game last night? The Giants were keeping up for a while there, which I kind of didn't expect. Not because the Cowboys are so awesome, I assure you; because the Giants are so not awesome.

But then they got the memo, and all was well again. I knew once that backup came in, it was pretty much over. I couldn't stop staring at that guy! I kept thinking, "This is a quarterback? Has he ever seen a weight bench?!" If that's the backup, Tim Hasselbeck must be full frontal suck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 1:38 am

Quote :
Oh man, that's not right.

What's worse is that I involuntarily giggled. See what you made me do?!
Perfect.
It is sad, but everything can be a joke to most people. Bills fans won't be amused.

I didn't catch the whole game last night. Eli looked hot though, that's the most surprising of all!

Love their backup, and his "Pillsbury Throwboy" nickname even more!

Holy crap... he has all kinds of funny ass names!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Lorenzen
Quote :
The left-handed Lorenzen was well-known at Kentucky for his size, tipping the scales at 322 lbs at one point in his career. He has since slimmed down to around 285 lbs, but is still an intimidating presence behind center. Because of his size he has a collection of colorful nicknames, including "Quarter(got)back",[1] "Hefty Lefty",[2] "The Pillsbury Throwboy",[3] "J.Load",[4] "Round Mound of Touchdown",[4],"BBQ (Big Beautiful Quarterback)".[5] and "J-Lo."

lol!

Too bad he didn't put his ass into on that pathetic 4th down scramble late in the game. He looked like Reggie 'Nancy' Bush from last Thursday.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 2:11 am

Well look at that; Jared Lorenzen is from the city that I currently live in. Who knew? My friend has shot football games at his high school.

I'm pretty partial to "Quarter(got)back" myself. It's from an ESPN Page 2 article.

Quote :
The New York Giants inserted backup quarter(got)back Jared Lorenzen into the game twice on third-and-short. Once he picked up the first down on a sneak, and the other time he called a timeout. Presumably to get a sandwich.
D.J. Gallo, you magnificent bastard.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 2:18 am

Umm.... interference anyone on that 'muffed' punt by Greg Lewis?
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:43 am

Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 4:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPfNY_WcQ8g

thats for Who Dey and any other cinci ans
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:45 am

I am soooooo giving you the finger right now.

rendeer
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:29 am

Whodey, are you related to any NFL officials? Were they working the Bengals game?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:37 am

Whatever. They took that game fair and square. Steve McNair kept handing them the ball. What were they supposed to do, refuse? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:38 am

Also,

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

That is all.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:53 am

Bah! You know what I'm talking about! The juggle-bounce interception that wasn't overturned... and the phantom offensive pass interference call on Heap's touchdown.

Not saying the Ravens should have won with uber turnovers, just saying some Zebras are going to get a spanking. I hope you were worth it :)

Also, I know the feeling!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:37 am

Baby, you aught to know by now that I'm always worth it. Wink

The Heap call was crap, but the interception was totally legit. It bounced off Todd Heap's shoulder and was caught before it hit the ground. There was no reason to overturn it.

But let's be honest, the Ravens blew that game like a cheap hooker. After the Heap call, Madieu Williams got called for pass interference and the Ravens got a whole new set of downs that they failed to capitalize on. They did that all on their own, against a spotty defense. The Ravens offense was awful all night.

Let's remember two things: 1) It's not like the Zebras have never made poor calls before, and against the Bengals, no less (a certain Tampa Bay game last season springs readily to mind), and 2) the touchdown would have led to overtime, not to a win, and there's no guarantee that they would have taken that. They had all night, and they dropped the ball. Over and over again.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Yea the ravens definitely shot themselves in the foot during this game. I was happy to see the defense shut down Cninci's offense almost completley during the second half. The Ravens offense had times when they looked good passing and rushing, and others where all i could do is shake my head and wonder. oh and Ed reed owned the Bengals with the hit on houzmenzadah and the punt return. lol But I expected a split with Cinci. Also, i thinks its a good sign that for the most part we were in that game even though we had 5 turnovers.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:30 pm

Bengals-Ravens games are a blast. We got two fun games Monday night. Great week 1
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 6:57 pm

Quote :
The Heap call was crap, but the interception was totally legit. It bounced off Todd Heap's shoulder and was caught before it hit the ground. There was no reason to overturn it.
Oh yes, that was an awesome catch. I don't mean that one, but the one that was challenged earlier in the quarter.

Quote :
After the Heap call, Madieu Williams got called for pass interference and the Ravens got a whole new set of downs that they failed to capitalize on.
I hear that lots but don't buy it. No one should have to get two touchdowns for six points.

Anyway, let me reiterate that the Bengals deserved to win Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:03 pm

meathorse wrote:
Oh yes, that was an awesome catch. I don't mean that one, but the one that was challenged earlier in the quarter.
That one was legit too. His hands were under the ball when he came down. Besides, the rule states that without conclusive evidence to the contrary, the field ruling stands, and there was no conclusive evidence. From every angle I saw, his hands were under the ball. Even the dorks in the booth agreed.

And like I said, bad calls happen. Everybody gets hosed sometimes. Not saying it's right, just saying it's not a conspiracy. Refs are human too, and sometimes they miss it.

Quote :
Anyway, let me reiterate that the Bengals deserved to win Very Happy
Thank you. It gets kind of tiring, that everyone can come up with a million reasons why they should have won but didn't, instead of just saying it was a good game and congratulations to the team that won. The Ravens could have won that game, but they didn't. They had a million opportunities, and they failed to capitalize on them, and I said the same thing last season when everyone was pissed at Shayne Graham when he missed that kick at the end of the last game. The Bengals had two other games they could have and should have won to make that kick completely irrelevant, so it ain't all on that guy. Get pissed at the interference call all you want, but had Steve McNair held onto the ball, the call might have been irrelevant.

The Bengals played a good game. The defense did an amazing job. The whole thing was exciting to watch. My boys won, I'm stoked, let's move on to week 2.

Ah. Better.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 9:26 pm

Wow, it felt good to see the Packers win a Week 1 game.

Packers 1-0
Bears 0-1

And in NCAA football....

Indiana 2-0
Michigan 0-2

Weird.

But my Cardinals are looking really banged up and not getting the pitching they had a couple weeks ago. Crying or Very sad With all they've put up with off the field...it's amazing they're even this close now. Sorry, I got off subject a little.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:13 pm

the zebras also handed the Steelers their Super Bowl a few years ago.

But I don't mind that they helped the Bengals out. Any chance I get to root against the Ravens I take it. As much as I love the town of Baltimore and their citizens...I hate what Modell did and I can't back a team like that.

and ray lewis just...ugh. over the top.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:54 pm

Quote :
the zebras also handed the Steelers their Super Bowl a few years ago.
This is turning into full on ref-bashing! It really REALLY sucks when bad calls go down. But can anyone think of a game that was 100% full on decided by bad officiating? I'm sure there are some... but I'm also sure they are very rare.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:56 pm

I'm sure they're rare too. Refs don't hand teams games, they only change the possibilities. What happens next is up to the players.

Like I said, refs are human, sometimes they make mistakes. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 11:57 pm

Quote :
Like I said, refs are human, sometimes they make mistakes. It is what it is.
I demand that NFL officials be replaced with outer space robots.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:00 am

Um...welcome to our new space robot overlords?

cyclops
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:01 am

Overlords? Oh no... officials never determine the outcome, remember?
Sheeeeeze... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 3:07 am

To be honest with you Cinci should have won that game. the Ravens gave it away 3 times and Cinci took it 3 times.

What is good for the Ravens is they held Cinci to only 24 points off of 6 turnovers. AND the Cinci offense was more or less shut down in the second half. AND the offense did get going after a little bit, MaGahee looked good, only he needed more carries. What is Bad for the ravens are the injuries(and even bad for cinci too). Lewis sprained his biceps or triceps, what bad luck. Ogden reagrivated his toe, McNair hurt his groin.

What is Good for cinci is their d showed good signs and they won the game. What is bad for Cinci is after 6 turnovers, the ravens were in this game. This game should have been a blow out. A better call by a reff OR when the had 4 more tries, better play calling by Brian(YOUR ON THE TWO RUN THE FREAKING BALL IN!!!!!!!), and the ravens send this to overtime.

We shall see how this season goes. Like every season it depends on injuries. The Ravens and Cinci could both be good teams, as long as they stay healthy. Both teams have good potential, now they need to live up to it.

Anyone else not impressed with Ocho Cincos jacket??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions   NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Week 1 Gameday Live Discussions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next