Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Do You Like The New Forum?

Go down 
+6
Underground Dyer
whodeygal
meathorse
Admin
thestos
STUN.Ryan
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

How Do You Like The New Forum? Empty
PostSubject: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 6:25 am

As you start using this and get a bit more acquainted with the forum I was wondering how everyone likes it so far. Is it better? Worse? The same? Hopefully everyone will get the hang of this one after awhile.
Back to top Go down
thestos

thestos

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:19 am

looks good.....will the old messages transition to this board or are you starting a fresh?
Back to top Go down
http://kurtrudder.blogspot.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:55 am

Unfortunately, everything will start over, but it will be worth it in the end. Now you get a clean start with the rest of the posters that had hundreds of postings. Glad to have you aboard thestos. We look forward to you thoughts, ideas, and opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportstalkunderground.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 7:58 am

I don't have any thoughts, ideas, or opinions... but I am an attention whore so
Hi!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:00 am

Well, hello meathorse and hope to get a thought, idea, or opinion that will allow you to be a better attention whore for next time. lol!
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:20 am

Mmm. I *think* you're making fun of me... but I started that, didn't I?

(un-hijack)
The style is nice, and the dark background is easy on the eyes. Hoo-ray for rejecting the standard retina burning white backdrop.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:30 am

Also a fan of the black background. No more mornings where I stupidly open my lap top and log in before I'm fully awake and get zapped. Very Happy

Welcome to the boards, meathorse!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 10:06 am

I am digging this. Love the new look, looks like it has some of the same features as the other board, that will help.

I also love the fact that I was able to acquire a kick-ass avatar to get me started.

FREEEEDOOOOOOOMMMM!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:33 pm

I like it a lottttttt. Obviously there will be a brief transition period (for me anyways) but when you get another chance to outpost Robert Allen, WHO CARES?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Larry D wrote:
I am digging this. Love the new look, looks like it has some of the same features as the other board, that will help.

I also love the fact that I was able to acquire a kick-ass avatar to get me started.

FREEEEDOOOOOOOMMMM!! lol!
Hee!

Love the new avatar, Whit! It's so....symbolic. Wink Braveheart was an awesome movie.

Did anyone else notice that there's a clown smiley? clown

It looks dead! Evil dead clown smiley. Freaky!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:06 pm

I WILL BAN ANYONE USING THE CLOWN SMILEY! DO NOT SPEAK OF THE CLOWN SMILEY AGAIN! OR TALK BAD ABOUT ME! Laughing

just kidding. clown smiley away.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:19 pm

Oh wow. Show me on the doll where the clown touched you, Ryan.

Last edited by on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 pm

Haha. Nice. Meathorse, I shudder to think what avatar goes with that screen name.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:27 pm

lol! Hillarious!

I like the new guy. He's going to fit in just fine here. :)
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:29 pm

What about these stars? I think they look kind of ugly. Might have to try something different there.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:31 pm

who dey is going to automatically associate me with Peyton now so I guess she hates me from here on out.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:38 pm

Quote :
What about these stars? I think they look kind of ugly. Might have to try something different there.
Well, since you brought it up...
They are hideous!
I was going to add a barfing smiley, but there isn't one so clown
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:39 pm

Yes, the stars are rather ugly. Like they didn't take to the black background very well. There's got to be something else. Something that fits the sleeker nature of the board as a whole.

Nah, you picked one of the funnier iterations of Peyton. Anytime that commercial comes on in our house, someone says, "It's-a me! Maaario!!" and we all crack up. I think it's the crappy mustache that makes it art.

Now if you'd picked a picture from that stupid hhgregg commercial, that'd be another story. Honestly, does Peyton Manning go shopping for a new television with a football? Like we aren't going to know who he is if he doesn't carry it in the ad. Just dumb.
Back to top Go down
bobwiley

bobwiley

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 12:25 am

Well, well, well. We meet again. Looks like you two made two Californians very unhappy. In some aspect, I couldn't be happier. You are becoming more like me. I am the emperor. Feel your emotions! farao
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 12:41 am

Anyone else not a big fan of the pics on the left that determine if there is a new post or not? The "new" post pics do't really stand out. Thinking of changing them but scared to because it might be hard to create something that won't stickout like a sore thumb on here...
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 12:47 am

I had noticed that the different symbols weren't all that different, but I figured I'd just get used to them. I didn't know if they came with the pattern or could be changed or what. If it's possible to change it without to much trouble, it might not be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 1:03 am

In the past I've preferred color changes... same icon that's some obviously out of place color, like green in here maybe... but it can end up looking odd.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 1:39 am

I am with Whodey or Isa or Hyacinth or whatever she would like to be address as Laughing

I figured i would get used to them but if they can be changed to be something different you have a play...

There are some nice new features though, I like the fact it tells me when I last logged in so I can figure out if there are any new posts that way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 1:40 am

A color change might not be such a bad idea, like a green, or a red. I didn't even think of that.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 4:07 am

I to could not see a major difference between the two. I think the color change would be good for it, if at all possible. If not I will get used to it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Do You Like The New Forum?   How Do You Like The New Forum? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Do You Like The New Forum?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next