Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STUN Panel NFL Picks

Go down 
+5
bobwiley
meathorse
STUN.Ryan
whodeygal
Underground Dyer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:05 am

Week Twelve results are up.

I guess getting a week off of the panel was a good thing for Who Dey because she had this week's best record at 12-4. Myself, Greg and Promotions all had 11-5, Drake and Simmons came in at 10-6 and Max was the weak link this week at 9-7.

I was rewarded for my loyalty by getting the Bears game right in my "Lone Wolf" pick, but guessed wrong against the panel in the Texans/Browns game, so I went .500 standing alone. Greg went a perfect 1-0 in "Lone Wolf" by foreseeing that Eli would throw three touchdown passes.....to the Minnesota Vikings. The rest of us thought that Eli would throw to the right guys and the Giants would win.

Standings wise, I now stand alone in 2nd behind our season long leader, Dav Drake. Max's 9-7 record drops him down to 3rd, a game behind me and a game ahead of Simmons in 4th place. Greg and Promotions are tied for 5th and Who Dey narrowed the deficit in last place with her 12-4 performance. A few more like that and she may dig herself out of the cellar yet.

And even though I've climbed my way up to 2nd place, there are only two game between 2nd and 4th place, so one good week could change everything.

That being said, the deficit is only 2 games now Drake, can you feel me gaining on you?
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:21 am

Larry, unfortunately the rest of us didn't know the Broncos would be stupid enough to gift wrap that game to your Bears. The Bears would have had no chance winning that game without Hester's heroics once again. I really do need to get his jersey.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:03 am

Damn it, I'm slipping... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:33 am

STUN.Ryan wrote:
Larry, unfortunately the rest of us didn't know the Broncos would be stupid enough to gift wrap that game to your Bears. The Bears would have had no chance winning that game without Hester's heroics once again.

I totally agree that the Bears would have had no chance in that game whatsoever if Sauerbrun hadn't been dumb enough to kick to Hester TWICE. He hasn't been successful that much lately so I could see them kicking to him in the beginning, especially after he caused a fumble earlier in the game. But after he burned them the first time, I figured it would have been squib kicks and out of bounds punts for the rest of the game. All I could do during the second return was laugh out of disbelief. Sauerbrun always was cocky, even when he kicked for the Bears. It got the best of him on Sunday.

Thanks Todd!!

On a side note, I am personally pissed at myself because Devin Hester was in Gurnee, IL last night signing autographs for anyone who turned in a winter coat. I was in Round Lake yesterday, ten minutes away AND the Jewel that he was in yesterday, is on my way home from my Dad's house. How pissed was I when I got home and heard about it. UGH! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:42 am

Fool
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 7:55 pm

Week Thirteen Picks are up. My two slow pokes Who Dey and Max were in a race to see which one would get their picks in first and be on the page this week.....Max won by a few hours. But being off the page got Who Dey a 12-4 record last week so maybe it's a good thing she got her picks in last again.

Anyway, a very interesting week for picks as we go from 9 unanimous choices last week to only TWO this week. But we are featuring ALOT of "Lone Wolf" picks this week.

Simmons gets us started by being the only one among us that thinks Green Bay will win tonight. He also is the only Cardinal fan among us this week (for a while I was in the same boat, but changed my mind). I am the only one who thinks Seattle can beat Philly this week, Drake is the only Chiefs fan among us, Greg doubles up on the Lone Wolf picks by taking Buffalo over Washington (how can you pick against Washington this week?) and Cincy over Pittsburgh. And to round things up, Promotions believes that Oakland can keep the divisional win streak going after breaking a 17-game AFC West losing streak by beating KC (and the entire panel) last week.

I've said before that I expect movement in the standings when analyzing our picks and have been wrong, but I have a feeling that with the combination of our standings being so close and the difference of opinion among us this week, we really could see some decent movement in the standings come Tuesday morning.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:33 pm

Week Thirteen results are up and in seven Lone Wolf picks, the Wolves were 4-3. Simmons guess wrong on Green Bay, but got it right with Arizona over Cleveland. I correctly chose Seattle over Philly and Greg guessed right with Buffalo over Washington. Greg did however lose the Cincy/Pittsburgh game and Drake fell short picking KC over San Diego. Our final winner this week was Promotions taking the Raiders over Denver.

The movement I predicted in the standings was of course not really there again this week. With my week best 10-6 record, I gain another game on our leader Dave Drake who went 9-7, but am still in second place. Promotions was the only other among us with a winning record this week, also going 9-7. In the only real movement in the standings this week, he leapfrogs Greg Campbell and into a tie with Simmons for 4th place in the standings. Greg is now two games out of fourth after going 7-9 this week.

Quick turn around again this week, Bears/Redskins is only a couple of days away already so everyone get your picks in as soon as you can.

One more game and I'm on top where I belong. I almost got you Drake!
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Underground Dyer wrote:
Greg is now two games out of fourth after going 7-9 this week.

First, I would like to point out that (even though it really doesn't matter) I was doing pretty OK until the late games on Sunday! I went 0-5 after 4pm Eastern Time!! Ouch! Yes, kids, do the math... that means I was a respectable 7-4 the rest of the weekend. Sheesh. I had even caught up a game on Drake myself until then...

Congrats to the two leaders... impressive cushion you got there fellas. But there are four weeks left. I intend to make up those 8 games... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://buffalobillsreview.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 4:25 pm

Week Fourteen picks are up and I would like to thank everyone for getting their picks early this week. It was nice not having to chase after everyone this week. Very Happy

Anyway, either Who Dey is hell bent on making up some serious ground or she has gone off of her meds because she is the Queen of the Lone Wolf this week, going against the panel four times (Carolina, Detroit, San Fran, Arizona)!! But maybe it's Simmons and I that actually need medication because we're the only ones who think that after two weeks of toeing the line, the Patriots are going over the edge against Pittsburgh on Sunday. I thought there would be more of us after the Baltimore game, but I was wrong.

What really strikes me is that if it weren't for Who Dey being the Lone Wolf this week, the panel would have a staggering ELEVEN UNANIMOUS PICKS!!! And even without her, we all agree on seven games. Not as many as the nine we agreed on for Week Twelve, but pretty high none the less.

And in my never ending quest to reach the top of the picks standings, I see that Dave Drake and I disagree three times. So there is plenty of room for me to catch him or plenty of chances for him to put more space between us than the one game that exists now.

So since we are all pretty much making the same picks this week, good luck everyone, especially you Who Dey. I hope you're hitting me up with a big I told you so when it's all said and done.

(She is my Isa after all I love you )
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:18 am

One point! Eighteen seconds!

I'm so pissed. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:23 am

Man! You were close on that! I was rooting for Detroit!! I wish DALLAS was the 0-13 team!!!!!! (don't like them much...) :-)
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 am

Oh boy! I was tallying up my picks at home here (I have a little picks challenge with my two boys, too! They love it!) I noticed that I have not lost a game, and picked Indy and New Orleans, likely winners! I was getting on here to post my possible 16-0 week when I noticed...

I'm not 16-0 here. :-)

I did change my Rams pick via email to Larry last night, but didnt' realize I had picked Tampa Bay here! In the other two spots I pick games I had Houston, which is who I thought I picked. Oh well. Could still be 15-1... that ain't bad! Was looking for perfection though!

AND... ya know what? All of this pales in comparison to the fun I am currently having as a Bills fan! Dismantling of the Fish today... and now we're in a "win and you're in" position for the playoffs!

Just gonna be hard to win those games!

Well, go Bills, and it will be interesting to see what my possible 15-1 week does to the standings. (And what it would have done had I not somehow sent Tampa Bay in to Larry this week... very strange...)
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:16 am

Damn Steelers!!

I had three disagreements with Drake this week. And after wins in the St. Louis/Cincy and Giants/Eagles games I had a one game lead. All I needed was a Steeler win to pull ahead by two games.....and the Steelers never showed up!!

Oh well, at least I completed my quest and have reached the top of the mountain. Now I only need to get some space between myself and Dave so that I may be able to look down upon you all by myself.

And even with the happiness I feel over my accomplishment, I would take being in last place if the Bears could be in first. Sad

And Greg....

Just to be sure, I double checked the picks you sent me and you did in fact take Tampa over Houston. But if everything else holds you'll be 15-1 this week. Not a bad haul my friend.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:14 pm

Week Fourteen results are up and everyone had a good week, which is to be expected considering we were all pretty much making the same picks. Even Who Dey who got all four of her "Lone Wolf" picks wrong this week ended up with an 11-5 record.

Greg bounced back nicely from 7-9 last week to 15-1 this week. Simmons followed closely behind with 14-2, myself and Promotions finished 13-3 and Dave Drake came in at 12-4.

Simmons' 14-2 record was good enough to get him in second all by himself. And my 13-3 was one game better than Drake to get me tied with him at the top of the standings. And if it weren't for the mo' freakin Steelers, I'd be in first all by myself. Oh well, now I know better to pick against the almighty Patriots.

Only three weeks left in the regular season. Will Drake be able to hang onto the spot he's had all season, or will my regular season picks prowess continue for the fourth straight season?

Stay Tuned.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Wow. I'm not feeling the love here... after going 15-1, I'm SECOND FROM THE BOTTOM?? Shouldn't I be at the top of that list... alphabetically or something? Thankfully, even in my lowly spot I am only 5 games back. A few more 15-1 weeks should do the trick... :)
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:17 am

Yes, but you're not actually AT the bottom, so hush. Razz

Eh, I'm still doing a fairly respectable job. At least, I like to think so. I'm happy with 11-5 on the week. It's not like I have anything to lose making lone wolf picks. What, I'm going to drop into last place? Very Happy

Detroit pick almost came through too. Damn you Detroit!
Quote :
(She is my Isa after all I love you)
Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 2:24 am

I knew I was forgetting something...

Week Fifteen picks are up. It must be the time of year or something because for the second week in a row we are in almost full agreement. We've got TEN unanimous picks this week.

Simmons is the only Lone Wolf among us this week. He's the only Broncos fan tonight. I know you were all expecting me to be the only one to take Chicago against Minnesota, but with the Bears emptying their bench to evaluate for 2008, I'm not planning on any victory parties again until next season. My Chicago Bears Review shows should be interesting from here on out.

Anyway, your picks leaders (myself and Drake) have three disagreements this week, so it's pretty safe to say that there will be a new leader come Tuesday morning. But with ten agreements among the panel I'm not sure how much movement will be taking place elsewhere.

We'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:56 am

Week Fifteen results are up and much to my surprise, there was quite a bit of movement in the standings.

We have a new picks leader.....ME!!! WHOO HOO!!! I DID IT!! FINALLY!! Drake and I were tied going into Week Fifteen. But my 10-6 was two games better than Drake's 8-8, so after talking about getting back on top all season, I finally did some walking and did it.

Max was the owner of this week's best record at 12-4 which has him in 3rd place only a game behind the now second place Drake. And pretty much the rest of the way down there is a game between someone and the person behind them. Max is one game up on Promotions who is a game up on Simmons who is a game up on Greg Campbell. Then there is Who Dey, who is 8 games behind Greg, god bless her.

Two weeks left in the regular season and I plan on hanging onto my lead so the rest of best not get your hopes up. From now on, you're all playing for 2nd. afro
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:55 am

Sorry for the delay, I've been working on the College Picks Page all day.

Week Sixteen picks are up! And we are loaded on Unanimous picks again this week, as of this moment, we have twelve. Simmons is the "Lone Wolf" in the Minnesota/Washington game, he likes the Redskins.

Greg e-mailed me and said that he was going to change some of his picks after the page went up in an attempt to make up some ground. He'll be posting his changes here once he sees the page.

Dave Drake and I only have one disagreement this week so win or lose I will be going into Week Seventeen as the picks leader....unless of course, he employs the same strategy that Greg is using to make up ground.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 3:59 am

Just got Greg's e-mail. Not going to change the picks page until I post the results, but until then, here are the changes Greg wants to make:

St. Louis over Pittsburgh
Carolina over Dallas
Philadelphia over New Orleans
Atlanta over Arizona
NY Jets over Tennessee

I wanted to post them here just in case I didn't get a chance to change the picks page before the games started. Greg now becomes the Lone Wolf in 4 out of 5 of those games (we're split 3 v 3 on Philly/NO) and could make up some good ground if he wins those games.

Could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:07 am

Thanks Larry. And actually, I made those picks before seeing what other people made, so I'm at least sort of confident in some of those picks... not just trying to go against the rest.

Well, OK. I am. But I need to make up 6 games! :-)
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:47 am

While I will enjoy watching Greg take his tumble, I don't think we should allow anyone to change their picks from this point on for the purpose of just having different picks after seeing everyone elses. Turn em'in and that's that.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:54 am

STUN.Ryan wrote:
While I will enjoy watching Greg take his tumble, I don't think we should allow anyone to change their picks from this point on for the purpose of just having different picks after seeing everyone elses. Turn em'in and that's that.

That's my point, Simmons. I got them in to Larry (changes) before he posted my original picks.

So enjoy watching me tumble... :)
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:27 am

No prob Greg. I just wanted to stop the chaos that might ensue week 17.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:56 am

STUN.Ryan wrote:
No prob Greg. I just wanted to stop the chaos that might ensue week 17.

And the tumble has begun... with Lone Wolf pick (submitted before seeing everyone else's picks!!) Wink I am 0-1. 3 more to go! :)

Actually, the Rams had a chance for a good part of the game. Wasn't too far off on that one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STUN Panel NFL Picks   STUN Panel NFL Picks - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STUN Panel NFL Picks
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next