Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3

Go down 
+6
STUN.Ryan
rockhoppers
Bad Mahi Mahi
Irish Boy
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater
Coast2Coast
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:42 pm

NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Wk2sta10

NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Wk310

Last edited by on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-09-08

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 4:34 am

Ah. Perfection.
Back to top Go down
Irish Boy

Irish Boy

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:27 am

Don't feel bad, Doc. I'm in a league similar to this, where you pick your five strongest plays against the spread for the week- the only difference is you win money for a 5-0, and pushes get treated as losses. There's about 35 guys, and 21 of them went 0-5 or 1-4 last week.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:09 pm

One more week like that and I'm firing my barista.
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:12 pm

I knew going into the weekend that you cannot normally survive picking road favorites...yet I could not help myself. I was happy with the 2-3.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:32 pm

I think my eyes are deceiving me Shocked

I must print this out - 1st place Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 9:59 pm

Yes. Us dumb Americans are incapable of competing against you, arg!

Mad
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:15 pm

You mean "Arrr."

It is talk like a pirat day, after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
rockhoppers

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 10:31 pm

Well Shive' me timbers - it sort of makes up for my fantasy teams performance this week (that is being top not being able to talk like a pirat)
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:24 am

So, wow, my non-gambling self has a question. What do you do with 16 points? Are huge lines usually a "stay away" marker?
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 12:45 am

Vegas is just trying to even out this heavy betting on the Pats. I'm not for sure what to make of it still. Coast, where you at?
Back to top Go down
Chus

Chus

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 1:02 am

If I know Coast, it is Buffalo or a no-play. There is no way Coast ever lays 16 in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 1:21 am

I'm in Vegas, Ryan. Been here twice in the last two weeks. I experienced my first Vegas bachelor party a week ago and my first Vegas wedding yesterday. No Elvis sightings.

And certainly no sightings of any sharp sports bettors laying 16 points in the NFL. If you think the Bills can hang, take em. Otherwise pass. As Ryan suggested, the Pats are rapidly being priced to reflect their dominance the first two weeks I'm not going to say they are seriously over-priced at this number, but it's just, as Chus, said, I never lay that kind of wood in the NFL. The fun is figuring out which weeks the Pats won't play to their established level.
Back to top Go down
Nas

Nas

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am

Colts -6

The Texans defense has been great so far this season but I can’t see their offense keeping up with the Colts. Losing Andre Johnson is a big blow to their passing game. Schaub will press because of this and will end up turning the ball over and giving Peyton Manning a short field. Colts win big.

Colts 34-17

Chargers -4.5

Green Bay has been very opportunistic. That will change this weekend. Look for LT and Rivers to get healthy against the Packers defense. Farve doesn’t have enough weapons around him to threaten the Chargers defense.

Chargers win 31-10

Chiefs -2.5

Vikings defense has been the best in the league scoring 3 touchdowns in their first 2 games. None of that matters because the really don’t have an offense. Holcomb might be and upgrade at quarterback but he still doesn’t have anyone to throw the ball to.

Chiefs win 14-9

Lions +6.5

The Lions offense will get better this weekend with Kevin Jones coming back. Really doesn’t make a difference because even at home the Eagles offense won’t be able to keep pace with the Lions.

Lions win 38-24

Rams +4

The Rams offense has been slow out the gate so far this year look for that to change. Jackson and Bulger both will have big games.

Rams in 30-21
Back to top Go down
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:09 am

Alright, I'm working with a new barista this week. One that serves alcoholic drinks of the grape. Let's see if my insights improve.

49ers +9 at Steelers
I had great success picking against the Steelers last week so I'm going back to the well.

Rams +4 at Bucs
I think the Rams win the game outright. I'm not a believer in the Buccaneers after watching them with Michael Pittman on my fantasy team. The Rams are too talented an offensive team to keep in check for too long.

Redskins -4 vs. Giants
The Giants have been thoroughly unimpressive so far. I expect that to continue.

Bears -3.5 vs. Cowboys
I don't care what "the experts" think about this one. I think the Bears will score at least twice with the offense on the sidelines. I predict a laugher.

Saints -4.5 vs. Titans
I like the Titans this year but the Saints, well, see comments on Rams above.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:32 pm

NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Wk311
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 3:57 am

I am officially bad at this this year. Thank God I haven't bet a dime yet.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:03 pm

Um yes - following top last week a nice big fat zero this week Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3   NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL PIck Against The Spread Contest, Week 3
Page 1 of 1