Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QB patience

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:27 am

I'm a Rex supporter. Doom to all that can't give a QB a good long chance.
Love to Lovie for telling everyone to shut their clam-holes. At the start of the season I figured it was impossible for Grossman to not play 16 games no matter what. But...

Here's another WTF game... here's the crowd chanting "GRIESE"... and I'm noticing he's one of the very few NFL QBs without one of those fancy-pants letter "C"s on his shoulder.

You expect him to come around any day now, but if good Rex doesn't come out and play how many more weeks of this can he survive?
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:42 am

meathorse, I've been a supporter in Chicago (which is tough to do). Last night was my last straw. The hell with this guy. I'll cover why he sucks at QB on my show.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 8:43 am

I ended up saying a few things on Buffalo Bills Review tonight instead so I'm probably not going to do a show right now. Grossman is not a good leader, doesn't read anything the defense shows before the snap, is in accurate, locks on his WR's right off the snap, has absolutely no pocket presence whatsoever, and has no confidence whatsoever. It's over. It's all over.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:30 am

That almost covers it, Ryan. You didn't mention that he's dumber than a box of rocks. Listening to him speak about his own cluelessness is painful. No way that instills confidence in his teammates.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:42 am

Quote :
I'm noticing he's one of the very few NFL QBs without one of those fancy-pants letter "C"s on his shoulder.
That part hurts him a lot. On most teams, those captain badges are worn by someone who is chosen by his teammates. The fact that Rex's guys don't see him as captain material is beyond telling. They don't see him as a leader, they can't rally behind him, and I don't care how in love with him Lovie is, if his players can't rally behind their field general, they're going to have problems in games, and I don't know if Lovie is willing to lay it on the line just to give a vote of confidence to a clueless clod.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 10:51 am

Quote :
That part hurts him a lot. On most teams, those captain badges are worn by someone who is chosen by his teammates.
Yeah, I don't like the Cs at all. Just makes finding the QBs that are on the way out so much easier. It's depressing. That's another story though :)

Quote :
You didn't mention that he's dumber than a box of rocks. Listening to him speak about his own cluelessness is painful.
Wasn't his excuse for losing to GB last year something like, "My mind was somewhere else. It's New Year's Eve man! Sex and booze! WOOOOO!"
Back to top Go down
mrs meathorse

Female Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-08-26

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 am

Grossman sucks and now he can't hind behind the wins of the defense! Always easier to support the man when the team is still winning.

As for him not being voted captain, I don't care for that. If you are going to have like 6 captains what is the point. May one for offense and one for defense but I recall someone saying there are 6 on a team so that just diminishes the point of a captain.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:56 pm

Actually, they decided to try something a little different this year. It is one offensive captain and one defensive captain. On a few teams, the coaches choose the captains, but the idea of the exercise is for the players to have captains that they rally behind, so most teams leave the choice to them.

Our offensive captain is Carson Palmer. Honestly, I don't remember who the defensive captain is. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 7:22 pm

Quote :
It is one offensive captain and one defensive captain.
I know Buffalo has six team captains. They were talking about some Kevin Everett t-shirt they designed. I'm uh look some junk up and make a new thread.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:06 am

Well... guess that takes care of this conversation.
Rex is toast.
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2007/09/source-its-grie.html
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:01 am

Whoops. Rexy not so sexy.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:17 am

whodeygal wrote:
Our offensive captain is Carson Palmer.

What position do you play on the team?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 4:37 pm

Oh brother. Don't even go there.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:18 pm

Coast2Coast wrote:
whodeygal wrote:
Our offensive captain is Carson Palmer.

What position do you play on the team?

Ha! The "we" thing bugs me as well... although I'm guilty of it too sometimes Embarassed

Also, I'm going to guess MLB. Rawr!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QB patience Empty
PostSubject: Re: QB patience   QB patience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QB patience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: STUN Podcast Forums :: The NFL Tailgate-
Jump to: