Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trent Green

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DrRangeLove

DrRangeLove

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Trent Green Empty
PostSubject: Trent Green   Trent Green Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:22 am

By now we've all seen Travis Johnson's after party. So what can be done about this?

Quote :
“My knee ain't never hurt like it hurt today,” Johnson said. “If you want to hit me, hit me in my head, hit me in my chest, don't hit me in my knee."
Green's low blow could have cost this man his career. Johnson wasn't in a position to make a play, but Trent went for the kill shot anyway. There's heavy QB favoritism in the NFL. If Johnson was taken out by a player of any other position they would have been flagged for 15 yards. Although, if someone else did make that block, they would have been man enough to hit high and we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

I guess the real question here is... should Trent Green's suspension take effect immediately, or after his doctors clear him to play?
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Trent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trent Green   Trent Green Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Just going by the play, Trent Green is the bad guy in this situation. Like you said, Green almost ended this guy's career with this shot. However, in the eyes of public opinion, Travis Johnson comes off as the evil-doer because he stood over an unconscious player and yelling god knows what. And to make things worse, Trent Green is one of those wily veterans that almost everyone in the game respects and this is his 2nd serious head injury in the last 13 months. He should be suspended, but I doubt he will be.
Back to top Go down
FavreFan

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Trent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trent Green   Trent Green Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:06 pm

Wow, I completely disagree. This hit was not even against the rules(hence no penalty being called). Trent Green is a warrior and a tough SOB to do that 1 year removed from a serious head injury. The guy just wants to win games and will use his entire body to do it. That is really the definition of leaving it all on the field. I understand that he could have made the block in a more proper(less cheap) way, but it would not have been effective giving Johnson's mass, and he likely would have ended up on Jacked Up if he went for a high block. Green did everything as a football player to help his team, not cheap at all in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Borsky

Borsky

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Trent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trent Green   Trent Green Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:40 pm

I'm with you.....can't complain if its legal....and if trent Green would have gone anywhere else but low, he would have got run over by a semi.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Trent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trent Green   Trent Green Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:06 pm

The NFL is very inconsistent on cut blocks. This was a cut block, which would have been illegal had it been other circumstances. A block at the knees or below as Green did is dangerous and every NFL player knows it. SOme cut blocks are legal, but that doesn't mean the players like it. It may not be illegal for you to cut me off in traffic, but I will still be within my rights to bitch at you for it. Having said that, however, Johnson was a classless boob to do what he did while Green was lying on the ground. Had Green gotten up ok, I certainly would have understood Johnson jawing at him for his "dirty" block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trent Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trent Green   Trent Green Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trent Green
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: STUN Podcast Forums :: The NFL Tailgate-
Jump to: