Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

$41.2 million dollars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

$41.2 million dollars Empty
PostSubject: $41.2 million dollars   $41.2 million dollars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 8:42 pm

That is the Colorado Rockies payroll. It's 28th (out of 30) in the majors. What a rocktober for them. I hope they go all the way. Unbelievable how they're doing this, Holliday recently caught fire but a lot of the big hitters have been fairly silent lately. Everyone on the team contributes. It will be interesting to see how they play after a week layoff...

Anyway, it's good to see them get to their first World Series.

How bout this: they're the first NL team since the 1976 Cincinnati Reds to go 7-0 in the playoffs. The Big Red Machine (one of the greatest teams ever in the history of sports) is compared to these Rockies. Wow.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: $41.2 million dollars   $41.2 million dollars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:29 am

I'd love to see 11-0
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: $41.2 million dollars   $41.2 million dollars Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 pm

Me too.

Another classic moment in the history of Manny being Manny recently took place...yesterday at a press conference, here's what he had to say after being asked a question about the possibility of the Red Sox season being over if they lose in tonight's Game 5:

"If it doesn't happen, who cares? There's always next year. It's not like it's the end of the world."

I'm sure his teammates and Boston fans everywhere appreciated that comment.

I love watching that guy hit but he has no regard for anyone or anything but himself on the baseball field.

This attitude is contrasted by the Indians' ability to have better performances from the bullpen, better timely hitting, better defense, just better all-around play and, in my opinion, better coaching. No question who's the better TEAM right now. Boston may have the big guys that are feared but they also have a bunch of guys who aren't producing or living up to their potential. The Indians are getting contributions from everyone.

And I'm not surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: $41.2 million dollars   $41.2 million dollars Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:46 am

I'm a HUGE Todd Helton fan. I have been ever since I saw him pitch as a 16 year old sophomore in high school in Knoxville, Tennessee. The media were saying then that this kid would be a major leaguer, so I had to go see for myself. I then went to many UT baseball games where he was first a starter, then a reliever and the best hitter in the SEC. Oh yeah, he's also the answer to a trivia question. Who was the last UT QB to start a game before Peyton Manning took over the job for the next 3.5 years? Talented guy. Really happy to see his success. He deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $41.2 million dollars   $41.2 million dollars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

$41.2 million dollars
Page 1 of 1