Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Empty
PostSubject: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:38 pm

I love KISS, they are my guys. Always have been, always will be.

But I saw something on their website that even I think is the most ridiculous thing they have ever done.

Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! 7639270a0eb_Main400

It's called Tooth Tunes! And as the picture says, you will hear two minutes of Rock and Roll All Nite while you brush your teeth.

They have put their names and faces on some pretty cool (action figures, comics) and pretty outrageous stuff (cologne, condoms), but I have never laughed out loud over a merchandising venture like I did when I saw this.

If any of you want to see the commercial that led to the endless laughter you can check it out at their website www.kissonline.com.

Like I said, I love this band, but even I am having trouble defending this one. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:29 am

I guess if you're one of those people who only "half-brush" or brush too little, this could be helpful, since you'd be brushing for the whole 2 minutes.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:35 pm

Knowing the true KISS Army general that you are, when you say "...even I am having trouble defending this one" I assume you mean "I just ordered mine."
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Honestly I don't know where to go to find one, but I do know it's ten bucks so I probably wouldn't anyway. It's a toothbrush not an ipod.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 3:18 am

Larry, it's not marketed to you Laughing
And KISS isn't the only one with one of these. There are like 5 other bands that have them. You can get them at grocery stores. They're for kids so they know how long they are supposed to brush their teeth. It gets them in a habit and it makes brushing teeth fun because it's usually not a kid favorite task. I would defend this one as I think it's a fun and good idea for kids. Not for adult Larry, but for young Justin, Jasmine, or James.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:31 pm

I disagree Ryan. I think this is marketed towards kids of KISS fans AND huge KISS fans. I've known other big KISS fans, they have one of the most unique fan bases. I think this is in a KISS army member's category of KISS stuff to get.

How many kids actually listen to KISS these days?
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Well a lot of the tunes are 80's or earlier. I just don't see how out of all the KISS things this is what Larry finds to be ridiculous. They aren't hoping Larry will brush his teeth with this toothbrush.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:35 pm

I see your point though CPH, they are marketed towards Larry, but as you read more of my post my real point was the items themselves aren't for adults.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 12:47 am

Right. And it's a good idea for kids.

But the KISS toothbrush is an exception due to the fanatic followers they have.

However, you did first say they aren't marketed towards Larry, then your last post you said "they are marketed towards Larry."

May I remind you that you are under oath, too. So be careful of your facts.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 2:00 am

But therein lies the genius of the KISS marketing machine. They don't have to market it to adults because most KISS fans are such avid collectors, they will buy just about anything with their names or faces on it. So they know they can market it to kids and adult KISS fans will buy it anyway.

I heard about this product months ago. They announced it on their website when they approved it. But I had forgotten all about it until my niece came over this week and told me, "I saw Gene and Paul on TV with a toothbrush that plays music Unkl Rarry." She was watching Spongebob when she saw the commercial. A day later, I saw the official announcement on their website.

And now that I think about it, maybe it's not the toothbrush I think is ridiculous so much as I think the commercial is. I laughed my ass off when I saw the commercial, it's just so corny. "Brushing never rocked so hard?" But it's for kids so I guess it has to be silly or else my 4 year old niece wouldn't watch it.

The truly funny thing about all of this is ever since this conversation got started, I've just about convinced myself to get one just for the hell of it.

Gotta love that. lol!

And yes, I have taught my niece and nephew the band members names. But they don't know them as KISS, they know them as Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter the Cat. They think that they are the coolest.....my sister is thrilled.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 3:03 am

You're uncle Rarry huh? I just became an uncle a couple months ago. He doesn't do much...just kinda lays there and craps himself or cries. What a great life.

Yeah..."brushing never rocked so hard" is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!   Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even I Think This Is Ridiculous!!
Page 1 of 1