Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?

Go down 
+5
whodeygal
rockhoppers
meathorse
BrianIm
jdburlin1022
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Empty
PostSubject: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 8:52 am

You have an insurmountable lead in the 4th quarter and YOUR GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN!!!

Common now kick a freaking field goal. Don't be a jerk. AND they have done something like this in almost every game.

And once you have like a 21 pt lead why are you still throwing it 3 out of 4 times?

I am sure most of you know, but there have been several reports that visiting communications often stop working during the game at Gillette Stadium. It was reported that that happened again today. And its a miracle it never happens to N.E.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:52 am

They mentioned the communications thing during the game today, and it turns out that when an opposing team's communications are down, the other team is required to shut theirs down as well. So I doubt that would help the Patriots.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:10 am

Running up the score = yum.

There's no reason for NE to let up. People think it's rude? Since when is it the responsibility of one team to look out for the feelings of another? This isn't your kid's coach pitch softball league.

The Lions scored 30-something points in the 4th quarter earlier this year. There's no such thing as a safe lead if there's 5:00 minutes left on the clock. If you don't keep going full speed, you run the risk of hearing the phrase "and that's why they play the game" during your Sports Center highlights.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 4:33 pm

I think folks like to moan. At the Dolphins game last week they were accused of running up the score in the 2nd quarter Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 5:10 pm

meathorse wrote:
Running up the score = yum.

There's no reason for NE to let up. People think it's rude? Since when is it the responsibility of one team to look out for the feelings of another? This isn't your kid's coach pitch softball league.

The Lions scored 30-something points in the 4th quarter earlier this year. There's no such thing as a safe lead if there's 5:00 minutes left on the clock. If you don't keep going full speed, you run the risk of hearing the phrase "and that's why they play the game" during your Sports Center highlights.

Yes the lions were loosing, not winning.

I'm not saying NE can't score. But they have a good set of running back and a good O line, why not runt he ball more? which then runs the clock. I don't mind if you throw occasionally when you have that big a lead, but common now at least attempt to run the clock down.

As for the communications thing I heard it on the broadcast too and I believe they said it is up to the Visiting team to notify the refs to have the other teams shut down as well,but i believe most teams don't know about this rule
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:15 pm

I know what you mean. It's like you're already winning by 300 points; is the absolute shredding of you're opponents' souls really necessary in such situations? It just feels a little unsportsmanlike.

Either way, I hate New England. More than that, I hate Tom Brady. I'm sick of the constant kneepad action when it comes to him. It's like he was jealous of everything that Peyton Manning was getting, so this year, he had to get some of that slurpage back. I'm sorry, dude has an ass chin and a 12-head. How people think he's hot is totally beyond me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:26 pm

Wow!? Who dey? You hate Brady more than Manning? I think that might have been implied there. It also feels like you will be rooting for my Colts this Sunday....is this all true?
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:30 pm

HATE Tom Brady? Interesting. Brady is just running the plays that the offensive coordinator calls. I don't blame him for running up the score. What is he supposed to do? Disobey his coaches? It's also not Brady's fault that some in the media behave like lapdogs toward NFL stars. At least he is cordial and seems pretty well grounded toward them, which is more than you can say about some of the league's major aholes like Urlacher or Chad Johnson. And if I were to ever fall into the psychosis of hating people, I'd probably start with guys who have created criminal offenses and killed people before I ever get to Brady. It's also not Brady's fault that some women apparently think he's hot. That's their problem, not his. What is a guy supposed to do? Get a face change operation?

HATE Tom Brady. Wow. And I thought I'd heard it all.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:11 am

Yea, I hate Tom Brady only as a Colts fan. As an NFL fan the guy is pretty awesome. I have no complaints about him at all. I don't see him having any jealousy complex with Peyton Manning. Both have the utmost respect for each other.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 2:06 am

Coast, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you really get off on pushing my buttons.

Oh brother. Rolling Eyes It's not a personal hatred. I've never met the man personally, so that's something that I can't speak to. But yes, I am sick to death of the sight of him, and of the fact that anytime I get near a New England game, all I get to hear about is Tom Brady's dreamy eyes, and how he walks on water. It gets old. It actually makes me miss Peyton Manning. At least the media worship of him was pure football.

Come this Sunday, I will root for the Colts. I know that they are probably the team who's going to the mat (New England really is more of a completely package, I'm afraid), and as a Bengals fan it will give me pangs in all the wrong places, but I'll be rooting the Colts.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 2:35 am

I don't get off on pushing anybody's buttons. I just see something that I think is off base and I respond. I find it puzzling that anyone could dislike another person for things which he is not responsible.

Now you've added another one to your list......the media or whomever it is you hear who talk about Brady's dreamy eyes. (I've never heard such comments about Brady's eyes on my TV, but if you hear them, maybe you should change channels or buy a new TV.) If you don't like that kind of commentary, then dislike whomever it is saying such idiotic things. Dislike the women who fawn over Brady. Dislike his coach for calling pass plays when up 45 points. Dislike the media who fawn over him or tell you he walks on water. I could understand you disliking those people for their over the top Brady love. But to blame him for THEIR comments? That's what I don't get. I am still waiting for you or anybody to identify one thing HE has done that deserves scorn. Ryan dislikes the guy because he's the opposing QB. I understand that. But that's not what you are saying. You have said how much you dislike him because of what others say about him. That's why I'm responding. I'm not pushing your buttons. If somebody else here said something that ahem...questionable...., I'd be taking issue with them too.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 2:59 am

Yea, I don't dislike him at all from just a pure NFL stand point.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:33 am

Media hype? Pshaw! It's all Tom Brady. Which is why I hate him, I blame him for global warming, and I bet he eats babies.

Sweet hyperbole, how I adore thee.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:35 am

Whodey, I'll call him everything in the book on Sunday
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:46 am

Peyton had the better Saturday Night Live episode. But Brady gets the chicks. Brady has more rings. But Peyton has the most recent one. I think they do have respect for each other but I also think nothing would make Peyton Manning happier than going up to Tom after the game, giving him a great big smile and a pat on the back right after the Colts stomped on the Patriots and maybe adding a "get em next time" comment or something to that effect, just subtle enough to be kinda rubbing it in his face but not wanting to seem too cocky...and of course, vice versa. Gotta love those rivalries.

I'm looking forward to this game. It's like "mid year Super bowl".
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:53 am

It really is and I WILL BE THERE!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 6:29 am

Man you are Colts-crazy.

Why don't you and the Colts get a room.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:48 am

Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Peytoninmiami

Ryan will have to fight off the girls first.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 6:24 pm

I'll take the girls. :) Ryan can have Peyton.

lol!
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 6:41 pm

Dear God, my eyes!

MY EYES!!!!

I'm traumatized... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 7:07 pm

whodeygal wrote:
But yes, I am sick to death of the sight of him, and of the fact that anytime I get near a New England game, all I get to hear about is Tom Brady's dreamy eyes, and how he walks on water. It gets old. It actually makes me miss Peyton Manning. At least the media worship of him was pure football.

Come this Sunday, I will root for the Colts. I know that they are probably the team who's going to the mat (New England really is more of a completely package, I'm afraid), and as a Bengals fan it will give me pangs in all the wrong places, but I'll be rooting the Colts.

good god you remind me of my sister when we were growing up and she HATED joe montana. I don't think I ever saw a girl with more vitriol for a guy who hadn't screwed her over or...even met her in life. But she would stay up watching 49ers games and SCREAM at the TV because she hated him so much. She hated everything about him. She still does. When the Saints play the Niners she STILL talks about Montana. Yeesh.

Tom Brady is one of my all time favorite quarterbacks because he has the best attitude you could ask for. I'm sick of the Patriots, I hate dynasties (mainly because I'm a fan of a team that will never enjoy one) but I respect the hell out of that team and especially Brady. I don't care that they ran up the score on a team--I agree, this is the NFL. This isn't pee wee football. These guys are PAID to do this. If the defense wants to show up and stop these guys they're more than welcome.

Oh, and GO COLTS! Wink
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 7:16 pm

Coast2Coast wrote:
Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Peytoninmiami

Ryan will have to fight off the girls first.
Ack! Holy crap! Laughing
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:59 pm

Pretty funny Coast. Laughing

Maybe I should dress like that for the game Sunday.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 9:12 pm

If you're as gooey-bodied and hairy as Sasha Baron Cohen, I would strongly advise against it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 9:39 pm

I can think of anyway I could possibly look that I would advise it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?   Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one hating the Patriots more and more this year?
Page 1 of 1