Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My thoughts from the Bears Game

Go down 
+2
Spaulding
STUN.Ryan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

My thoughts from the Bears Game Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:21 pm

I was at the game yesterday and just finished reading the comments through out. I agree with a lot of things said and I'd just like to add some other observations and probably make some of the same.

- From my seats at the game (which were pretty decent btw) the Bears did not look like this was a game they wanted to win more than the Lions. They looked completely uninspired and like they were just going through the motions.

- As bad as the Bears played, I can’t believe they still could have won this game. Go back to the first quarter. If Robbie Gould makes that 40 yard field goal we’re talking about a very different last two minutes of the game with the Bears on offense. I know we can take away 3 other picks by Griese before that final drive, but my point is to show just how close they were to winning that game.

- Even with the four picks by Griese, he still is playing better than Rex. I know red zone interceptions are obvious killers, but unlike Rex, at least Griese has been sniffing around the red zone unlike Grossman he barely even flirted with it this year. Griese at least is keeping the defense off the field a bit longer and giving them a longer field to defend. It’s not much, but it’s something better than Grossman.

- More talk about the red zone issues. I haven’t seen many criticisms of Turner in this thread and it baffles me. Can someone please tell me why the hell Ron Turner calls a conservative game plan and then when they get to the Lions 25-20 yard line Turner blows his load on all downfield risky plays. Each time they got to that point Turner called for multiple passes downfield. This is not a defense of Griese as he should have checked down, but these 3 WR sets all of a sudden to have all the WR’s go to the end zone are damn stupid. These should have been called about 5 plays ago.

- A play in particular was a 3rd and 6 I believe from about the 25 of the Lions and Turner calls a play for a shot at the end zone. I’m all for doing this with the right QB and the right team (I’m sorry, I think we can all agree the Bears aren’t one of them), but not this team, not this day. The Bears go again from the potential of 3 points on the board or a first down to continue to drive towards the end zone, to instead nothing in return. I was about to pull my hair out after that play.

- I’ve never been to any football game as a spectator or media member and seen more dropped passes and miscommunications between the WR’s and QB. Let me start with the dropped passes. They were all flat out embarrassing. The RB’s looked like they’ve never caught a football before and were downright frightened of the football when thrown at them. And both the RB’s and WR’s have looked like it wasn’t a big deal if they couldn’t come up with the easy or somewhat tough catch. It was that whole lazy, "I don’t give a damn" attitude all day. Finally Berrian did not run the correct route twice yesterday when Griese threw a couple of balls for him to come back on. I’m convinced both were Berrian’s fault as he did this with Grossman as well earlier in the year. I thought Berrian was wrong then and think he is now. He has been a MAJOR disappointment this year. I expected him to have a nice season, but he has been awful.

- I also forgot to add that the defense was just pathetic. From the arm tackling to the defensive play calling. WHY!? Why do you continue to give the Lions WR's all this room to roam the field to get open. It was unbelievable.

- I don't need to comment on the run game.

- It was my first time to Soldier Field since the renovation. I had no clue just how different it was going to be. It’s an amazing venue now. I was very impressed with it. Television hasn’t done it justice for me. They really made this a much better spectator stadium.
Back to top Go down
Spaulding

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:07 am

They can't run.
They can't pass.
They can't defend the run.
They can't defend the pass.
They can't tackle.
They can't coach.
They stink.

Those are my thoughts from the Bears game.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:08 pm

Spaulding wrote:
They can't run.
They can't pass.
They can't tackle.
They can't coach.
They stink.

They COULD run, if they gave the ball to the right guy (Peterson).
They COULD pass, if they threw the ball to the right guys (Olsen, Hester)
They CAN play defense, just not for sixty minutes.
They CAN'T tackle this year for what ever reason.
They HAVE BEEN outcoached and I have no idea how to fix that.
And yes, right now, they DO stink Sad
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Underground Dyer wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
They can't run.
They can't pass.
They can't tackle.
They can't coach.
They stink.

And yes, right now, they DO stink Sad

Ehh...They could run if they had a different running back and about 3 different offensive linemen. Do NOT let these guys off the hook Larry. They have been downright terrible all year.

They could pass better with better play calling and the rest of the team stop sropping footballs.

Their defense is very suspect right now. They've been in a couple games where they haven't been on the field that much longer than the opposing teams defense. Their safeties absolutely blow. Archuleta is everything I thought he'd end up being for thie Bears team, a complete loser. Their defensive line has beena disappointment this year as well. The four of them have had a tough time creating pressure by themselves. They were abysmal this past Sunday.
Back to top Go down
drkmstr

drkmstr

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 9:06 pm

The Bears are an every other year team anyway... They have an awesome year and then the next year they suck...

This year they suck
Back to top Go down
http://www.buffalobillsreview.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 10:40 pm

STUN.Ryan wrote:
Ehh...They could run if they had a different running back and about 3 different offensive linemen. Do NOT let these guys off the hook Larry. They have been downright terrible all year.

I'm not letting them off of the hook. My point is, that with the same offensive line blocking for him that is also blocking for Benson, Peterson is making the most of his carries and is twice as hard to bring down as Benson is. That's why I think Peterson should be the guy carrying the load. Benson is averaging on 3.1 yds a carry, and while Peterson has about a fifth of the carries that Benson has, he's averaging 4.5 yards a carry. Peterson is making his carries count and he is a much better reciever out of the backfield.

Peterson should be the guy.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:23 pm

Underground Dyer wrote:
Peterson should be the guy.
Yes! Yes he should!

(Don't look at me like he's on my fantasy team or something.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 11:42 pm

So how much better do you think AP honestly would be when he gets the bulk of his carries? I don't see it. I bet you give him AP 20 carries in a game he's staring at 3.5 ypc for the game at best.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:32 am

We won't know until we try. Same thing with putting Griese in for Grossman. People questioned what difference putting Griese in would make, and my answer was always the same....

We won't know until we try.

Maybe Peterson would do no better than Benson if he was the primary ball carrier, but we will never know until the Bears give it a try.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:15 am

True. I just think the offensive line is getting off the hook in this town waaaay too much. They are absolutely pathetic right now. If Olin makes a Pro Bowl it continues to prove my theory on non-skill players getting passes to go to this game because they were great for a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:35 am

Who the Bears have at RB would not matter much. I think Benson has much bigger upside, but you can't really know with this offensive line. Adrian Peterson and LaDanian Tomlinson would rush for 3.5 ypc with this offensive line. And because of the spotty QB play and the fact that no Bears receiver requires double coverage, teams can stack the box to stop the run. And they are.
Back to top Go down
Spaulding

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 11:15 am

Quote :

This is a very Wannstedtian response.

Peterson would have the same results. I've never understood the love for the guy and think he follows the back up is always better mentality. Nobody short of Sanders or Payton could run behind this line.

Not every play can be designed around Hester and Olsen. The WRs are terrible and the QBs are down right poopy. I'd like to see more 2 TE sets though.

Defense has been worse than the offense partially because I expect more from them. Injuries have not helped but they've been playing some lack luster football. AA is terrible so is Danieal Manning. Nobody can tackle.

The Head coach, Offensive coordinator and Defensive coordinator suck.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 10:04 pm

I love the passion Spaulding! Haha! Keep it coming.

Wanny "Aww, ahh, aww...if we ran the ball better today we'd have won. Ahh, aww, its, uhh, just a matter of time before our defensive line starts being disruptive in their backfield...We would have won if it came together today."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts from the Bears Game   My thoughts from the Bears Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My thoughts from the Bears Game
Page 1 of 1