Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Simpsons Movie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 7:45 pm

While I know it's not going to make me laugh until I'm in tears, I am still looking forward to this movie. I really wish they kept the "Spider Pig" part out of the trailers because I've laughed everytime I've seen it on TV so far. To me, that was too good of a gag for the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:03 pm

I too will probably will be seeing The Simpsons this weekend. They have done a good job of pretty much not saying that the movie is about or what battle the Simpsons will be fighting this time around. So I am anxious to see it just based on that alone.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:05 pm

I hate to ruin another pig moment but did you see who Homer dressed the pig up as the other time? I'm really pissed they are ruining those gags.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 pm

You're really hung up on the pigs, aren't you? Is this something we need to talk about?

I'm probably not going to see it this weekend. My movie partner is in Cooperstown for the HoF induction. And there's no guarantee he's not going to see it while he's up there anyway. I hadn't actually given it much thought. Truthfully, I wouldn't have known that it was opening today if no one had mentioned it. I'm not totally sure why that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:13 pm

Yea, I am just because that's one of those Simpsons things where it's a running gag for 20 minutes and I hate that they wasted that in the trailer. They shouldn't have shown anything from the movie in their trailer because they already had an audience that was going no matter what.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:29 pm

I just watched the trailers, and the spiderpig thing is pretty cute. Maybe they felt like they had to do it to convince the people out there where were on the fence that the movie is actually funny, we swear!

I mean, viewership has fallen off for the show as of late, and there are a lot of people out there who feel like the it's just a shadow of its former self, comedy-wise, and that the movie might be too little, too late. Maybe the snippets are to convince those people to see the movie. Sure, there's a built-in audience, but it's about money, and they want to go after more.
Back to top Go down
Borsky

Borsky

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-18

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:33 am

I'm on the fence about checking it out; Did you guys go this weekend and if so, what you think? Worth my time?
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:38 am

Well worth my money spent. I leaughed a lot. I don't want to give any of the jokes away. Just go.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:39 am

Simmons and I saw it yesterday and it was hilarious. They said and did some things they normally wouldn't say or do on TV. Some really good stuff in there. I really liked it and was not disappointed at all. Considering I haven't been in love with the TV show in sometime, this movie really had me laughing quite a bit.

Four stars on the Paulopalous Scale.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:28 am

I caught the movie Saturday night and I wouldn't say it was the funniest thing in the world, but definitely worth the money.

Quote :
They said and did some things they normally wouldn't say or do on TV.

With Bart's skateboard scene, was that really what I thought it was or was it his hand?
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:44 am

I made that assumption too Brian. I think it was what you thought it was. That was pretty funny stuff.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:46 am

Okay, let's not tacitly spoil the film for those of us who have yet to see it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Simpsons Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Simpsons Movie   The Simpsons Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Simpsons Movie
Page 1 of 1