Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Team

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:48 pm

Decided to join a random fantasy league with a bunch of strangers and our draft was this morning. Out of twelve owners three of us showed up so there were a lot of autopicks being made that kind of screwed things up from time to time. I even had to step away from my desk for a few minutes and I ended up getting a player I didn't really want.....not that early anyway. But after fourteen rounds here's my team:

QB - Phillip Rivers (7th Rd)
QB - Tony Romo (4th Rd)
RB - Frank Gore (1st Rd)
RB - Travis Henry (2nd Rd)
RB - Marion Barber (9th Rd)
WR - Reggie Wayne (3rd Rd)
WR - Drew Bennett (8th Rd)
WR - Mike Furrey (11th Rd)
TE - Dallas Clark (5th Rd)
TE - Greg Olsen (12th Rd)
K - Olindo Mare (10th Rd)
K - Joe Nedney (13th Rd)
D/ST - Bears (6th Rd)
D/ST - Cowboys (14th Rd)

Romo was the player I got too early. I got him in the 4th round, three rounds ahead of when I got Rivers. I would love to be able to flip flop that but oh well. As you can tell from my receivers, autopicks ravaged them. I'll have to see what I can do on the waiver wire about picking up some one else. I like the ones I got, but would like to upgrade if I can.

So what do you guys think of my team?
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:07 am

Quote :
RB - Travis Henry (2nd Rd)
Look at the great big balls on this man! Good luck playing the Denver RB roulette wheel!

Quote :
TE - Dallas Clark (5th Rd)
That seems pretty early, too.

Yeah, the WRs are a bit scary. Who knows though, Bennett might win the #2 spot in STL and have a very nice year.

2 kickers? How cute :)
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:14 am

Hey, even kickers have a bye. And sometimes it's fun to mix it up a little. I keep two kickers. No shame in it.

You got kinda hosed in the WR department. I remember ending the season with 2 of the three you have (Bennett and Furrey), and just having all kinds of trouble. In fact, I think I had WR trouble all season. Not a deep pool of true talent in the NFL right now, is there? The things you can hope for are good trades, to be strong enough in other areas that it (mostly) outweighs your receiving corps, or that some undrafted sleepers come into play later in the season that you can pick up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:55 am

Without knowing who went where its hard to grade. Agreed, Romo, in my opinion, was far too early. At that point a QB in round 7 and one in round 4 won't be much difference. Dallas Crak way too high as well. Wasn't even a top ten TE last year. If there was a TE run, I would have just sat on it, waited for all other TE's to go and been happy with a Desmon Clark/Greg Olsen combo or still get Dallas Clark much later. I think your WR's are fine. Remember, you got two pretty productive RB's right there. I never take two kickers. There's always a kicker out there when a bye comes calling.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 5:00 am

I wanna mooch some advice too!
Been doing some 10 man mocks at ESPN, and I'm noticing that they all look very similar... so since I'm in a rut I'm guessing my real fake teams will look similar to this. Comments? I love Jones-Drew and will take him round 2 (or 1 if I'm crazy paranoid and scared) every time. Sorry, it can't be helped, I'm addicted to the mojo. If I do not get him on every one of my teams there will be tears.
Quote :
Without knowing who went where its hard to grade.
Yeah... but who wants to sift through 150 lines of crap for a mock? We're doing YOU a favor here :)

QB (8th-76) Philip Rivers
QB (10th-96) Jon Kitna
RB (1st-5) Joseph Addai
RB (2nd-16) Maurice Jones-Drew
RB (5th-45) Carnell Williams
RB (7th-65) DeAngelo Williams
RB (12th-116) Chris Henry
RB (13th-125) Tatum Bell
WR (3rd-25) Reggie Wayne
WR (4th-36) Marques Colston
WR (6th-56) Hines Ward
WR(11th-105) Muhsin Muhammad
TE (9th-85) Vernon Davis
TE (14th-136) Tony Scheffler
D/ST (15th-145) Broncos
K (16th-156) Josh Brown
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 am

meathorse..uhh, draft is perfect. Seriously. No complaints here.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 5:44 am

meathorse wrote:
I love Jones-Drew and will take him round 2 (or 1 if I'm crazy paranoid and scared) every time. Sorry, it can't be helped, I'm addicted to the mojo. If I do not get him on every one of my teams there will be tears.
Um...aren't you going to be playing FFB with us this year? Why would you give up this valuable piece of information to your competitors.

*pencils in a first round draft for Maurice Jones-Drew*

You're a witty man, my friend, but not necessarily a smart one.

Wink
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 6:11 am

MJD will disappoint this year though. Still may have a good year but no way he improves his numbers from last year.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 7:43 am

whodeygal wrote:

Um...aren't you going to be playing FFB with us this year? Why would you give up this valuable piece of information to your competitors.

*pencils in a first round draft for Maurice Jones-Drew*

You're a witty man, my friend, but not necessarily a smart one.

Wink
I didn't know there was an "us" FFB league. Where it be?

Also... oh god don't. Just let me take him too early and be happy. Oh sweet sweet mojo bliss....

Quote :
meathorse..uhh, draft is perfect. Seriously. No complaints here.
Say hello to my inflated ego! Or say hello to my wasted fake draft Very Happy
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 7:51 am

Ryan Simmons wrote:
MJD will disappoint this year though. Still may have a good year but no way he improves his numbers from last year.
Fred Taylor is for shit. He shall eat Sir Jones-Drew's dust. 2500 yards and 50 TDs... not to mention his 150 receptions 35 passing TDs and two 70 yard field goals. Better pick up the Jacksonville defense while I'm at it since he's good for 30 sacks and 25 interceptions (all returned for touchdowns which he scored two point conversions on).

There is no chin behind MoJo's beard. There is only another fist.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 9:29 am

I'm sorry meathorse, I thought you were playing in the STU League this year. Now I see that I have made a delicious snack of my foot. Embarassed

Mmmm, spicy.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:09 pm

I came in a tad late. Let me know if someone dies. I'll take their spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fantasy Team Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Team   Fantasy Team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Team
Page 1 of 1