Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A-Rod on Juice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 7:48 am

According to Jose Canseco, he has some dirt on A-Rod.

Now, as much as I hate the Yankees and A-Rod especially, I have a hard time believing that Rod is on steroids. He's been consistent his entire career and his numbers haven't dropped since steroids became a huge deal in MLB.

If I had to take a WILD guess, and this is just my theory, I would say that Canseco is running low on "Juiced" money and just wants to get some more cash to afford that head reduction surgery.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2007-07-14

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:42 am

Eh. A-Rod is an a-hole, but don't know that I'd say he was juicing. I don't really think I'd given it much though, come to that.

Of course, you also have to consider the source. I mean, it's Conseco. He's pretty sleazy. I find it hard to take anything that comes out of his mouth at face value. Big grains of salt. Huge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 6:40 pm

I would'nt be terribly suprised if he has been on some form of HGH or other hormone. This stuff cannot be tested for, so what is the professional risk?
Back to top Go down
Borsky

Borsky

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-07-18

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 10:34 pm

I'm going to preface this by saying I can't believe I'm about to take a Canseco side (partially). I am a little shocked to hear that A-Rod may be juicing, juiced or will juice sometime in the near future. However, I was also shocked to find out that so many ball players were on steroids when Canseco started opening his mouth. The whole world went against the allegations Canseco were making. In retrospect he is a key player in the ending of the steroid era. I didnt believe his words the first time and I was wrong (as well as the rest of the world); I will hold my tounge on what he has to say about A-Rod until I read what he writes.

P.S. Canseco can hit some HIGH Fly Balls.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 10:51 pm

Unfortunately you're right. We have to assume Canseco is on to something and just kind sit here and hope its not true.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:25 pm

I also must temper my argument with the fact that I have no problem with performance enhancing drugs, they are performance enhancing, that is good for fans. I still believe you have to immense talent just to play at this level so I don't know how much of their performance is really enhanced. This is all with a disclaimer on the health risks and whatnot......
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:28 pm

My only response to that is, let's raise the pitching mounds and lets push the walls back then
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:37 pm

I, on the other hand, am very much against performance enhancing drugs. It's used to get a leg up on the guys who don't use them, and that's cheating, whether it's something that's against the rules and can be tested for or not. If it's not all you hitting the runs, then it's dishonest, and shames the entire sport, along with the years and years of men who set great records without that crap. Some of them even set records in spite of their lifestyles. (Babe Ruth springs readily to mind here.)

If Conseco is telling the truth, and A-Rod is juicing, that's too bad, and it diminishes my respect for him as a player. (I don't think I could respect him less as a person. He's an ass.) He would be a fake and a fraud.

I suppose the truth remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:43 pm

Quote :
(I don't think I could respect him less as a person. He's an ass.)

Tell us how you really feel about A-Rod.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:14 am

Ryan, you touched a point that is the basis for my whole "All records in baseball are essentilally meaningless"

The parks are not the same size. Every park has different fence lengths and different size foul play areas. It is absolutley ludicrous that this exists. When combined with the DH rule, there is not a single MLB record that can really be considered to mean anything, what would be a hit in one park is an out in the other 29, or a homerun in Cincy is nothing but a lazy fly in Oakland. That is my biggest problem with baseball, there is no kind of level playing field, literally in the case of Houston where they have a freaking hill in center field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A-Rod on Juice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A-Rod on Juice?   A-Rod on Juice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A-Rod on Juice?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: Major League Baseball-
Jump to: