Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods Tutorial Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:07 am

Alright, whodey this is pretty much your dime and dancle floor. How can I hit the ball with some distance when I first create a player or is it typical to only hit it 220-250? I have Tiger Woods 2006 I think.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:20 am

Well, I've never played 2006, but it it's anything like 2007 (and it should be, it doesn't change that much), that's where your golfer is going to start. You're only going to be able to hit lame distances. As you play challenges and tournaments, you get skill points that you can use to upgrade your attributes.

(I do hope you're actually playing '07, since one major upgrade that one made is that it features both of the swing styles from 2005 and 2006, so you can pick the one you're most comfortable with. )
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:25 am

It's 06 because I got it for free. Putting is either pretty easy or I'm amazing at it. I'm sure it's just easy, haha.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:34 am

Well, it's hard to scoff at free.

Also, you're lucky. Putting is rather challenging in '07. Well, it was. I'm kinda badass at it now. Of course, I play constantly, so if I wasn't I would need to be slapped.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:55 pm

Whats the trick to swing the club with the thumb joystick thingies? Sometimes the ball barely goes anywhere. I figure the bigger backswing the better. Still a little confused on this game, but bound and determined to get my golfer to hit it at least the PGA average off the tee so I have a shot.

Also, I love how they can't name any of the Major tournaments. Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:02 am

Are you paying attention to the follow-through? You can't just pull the stick back and let it go, you have to push it all the way through the swing. I remember having some issues with the two stick swing system too. I thought that whole "shape stick" deal was a mess. I prefer the standard swing method. Shaping the shot is done as you pull back on the left joystick, and the right stick is used to pick where you hit the ball top to bottom.

There's also some timing involved. If you pull back on the stick and hold it, it's just like the physics of a real-life swing; the energy that goes into the down-swing is diminished. You kind of have to pull it back and immediately push it forward again, so that you get maximum power behind the swing for maximum distance.

Am I making any sense, or am I just babbling?
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:47 am

Ahha! now it makes sense. I was sometimes waiting to long on my backswing to follow through. Hopefully this helps.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:52 am

Oh good. Ideally, you should only be pausing at the top of the swing as long as it takes for you to change directions with the stick. About a millisecond, tops.

Let me know how that works out.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 8:08 pm

This game is starting to get addicting.....arg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods Tutorial Help   Tiger Woods Tutorial Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods Tutorial Help
Page 1 of 1