Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...

Go down 
+9
jdburlin1022
bobwiley
Underground Dyer
rockhoppers
whodeygal
CardinalPackerHoosier
meathorse
dolphinsmakemecry
STUN.Ryan
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:13 am

not me
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:15 am

i saw the HOF stuff too...
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 7:15 am

Oh... judging from the newest registered user, I guess DabearsXX is DabearsXX!

Your shameless STU plug got sooooo deleted :)
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 7:25 am

I enjoy their show, but some stuff that they do off the show is just over the edge, this, how they run their forums, ive only posted like 4 times, the autographed shirts, its just DUMB, bring your ego back to earth.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:30 am

Meathorse and DaBearsXX, you are Gods among lemmings.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 11:05 am

Just for the record I did some extra diggin and bearsxx is from california
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:34 pm

I've missed this whole conversation. It is a tad narcissistic to put a $50 bid on watching a couple games at what has to be a sausage party. Zero bids being put in has to be a little bit of an ego check for them, and seriously, that picture makes it look like they're wanting a RARN sandwich and just looking for someone to be the middle.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:53 pm

Oh wow... now there's a gay factor to this? lol!

That really is a creepy picture, though. Steven looks blitzed out of his mind.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 7:00 pm

supermanox wrote:
seriously, that picture makes it look like they're wanting a RARN sandwich and just looking for someone to be the middle.
Eeeewwwwwwww. lol!

Just hope they're not looking for...meat. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:44 pm

jdburlin1022 wrote:
Talk about lemmings there's a thread over there asking if they should be in the HOF.

Shocked

The HOF of what?

affraid

I have never understood what the appeal of that show is. I have never, and Simmons can back me up on this, never thought that show was any good at all. Their popularity has always baffled me. But after being on their message board for a while, before getting banned, and seeing the hero worship, it explains a lot. And it has gone straight to their heads. It's like I said yesterday, these guys have got it all wrong. They think they are doing the listeners a favor by producing that show when they should be thanking their fans for listening and show them the proper respect.

The feeling over on that message board for me was that those people worship Jeff and Steven and those idiots let them. And I've always felt that on our board we were all in this "thing" together and Ryan and I were the leaders of the group.

Alright, I'm done patting myself on the back now. Criticize me all you want guys, an action that is actually welcome here, but it's how I feel. I think Simmons and I, on the listner relations front, go about things the right way and that's why you guys have stuck with us when even at times we haven't been putting out shows.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:22 pm

I thought I only stuck around because you and Simmons are way cuter than Steven and Jeff.

But if your explanation makes me look like a better person, that's the one I'm going with. Laughing

I just don't get them. The way they treat people, the ego tripping, the tantrums in the face of criticism...it just just doesn't make any sense. It completely escapes me how they can think that this behavior is acceptable in any way, shape, or form. I am equally stymied at how no one close to them has called them on any of this.

It's like some sort of weird cult over there, and it doesn't bother them in the slightest. I think that's the part that's most telling.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:40 pm

Quote :
I thought I only stuck around because you and Simmons are way cuter than Steven and Jeff.

I know what you mean Isa,

Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Me

I am one sexy sumbitch aint I?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:46 pm

I love you

Well of course you are!

I'm a picky woman. I would never be just any guy's Isa. Wink
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:32 am

Larry D wrote:

I know what you mean Isa,

I am one sexy sumbitch aint I?
Rawr. That pic even makes ME wet.

Quote :
I have never, and Simmons can back me up on this, never thought that show was any good at all. Their popularity has always baffled me.
2 years ago I jumped into iTunes and did a search for "NFL" something or other. They came up. Those guys got into the pod casting thing quick enough to be one of the very few options available at the time.

Kept listening 'cause I got used to them.

Spent the last 6 months complaining to my wife that Jeff was ruining the show. He never shut up and never had anything to say. Kept listening though!
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:47 am

Quote :
2 years ago I jumped into iTunes and did a search for "NFL" something or other. They came up. Those guys got into the pod casting thing quick enough to be one of the very few options available at the time.
Hilariously enough, that's exactly how I found the podcast too. I remember that it was one of the only independent games in town at the time. I was feeling all anti-establishment, and I didn't want to start listening to a podcast by ESPN or someone else super corporate.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 12:56 am

Anybody get banned from the RARN forum for your acts against the Emperor and his Dark Lord of the Sith?
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:41 am

whodeygal wrote:

I just don't get them. The way they treat people, the ego tripping, the tantrums in the face of criticism...it just just doesn't make any sense. It completely escapes me how they can think that this behavior is acceptable in any way, shape, or form.

My first thought when I read that was "...just like most of the sports talk shows on the radio out there." That doesn't include STU and a couple others I like...but that's the awful image sports talk and just regular talk radio has. And it's deserved.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:58 am

Quote :
Anybody get banned from the RARN forum for your acts against the Emperor and his Dark Lord of the Sith?
Surprisingly, no. However, the people have spoken out against it have been hit pretty hard by the folks who think it's awesome. There's a lot of "well if you don't like it, don't bid on it!" and "Geez, you've made your point, now drop it!"

The most common justification is that it's cool because they graciously give the world their glorious podcast for free. Even though, most people who are involved with this sort of thing do.

The more I read, the more irritated I become. I am so irritated that I actually want to post there about it. As some of you intimately know, that's a damn large load of irritation there.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:58 am

Ok so they did their picks shows these past 4 shows and i was curious and recorded all the records they gave. tell me if Im wrong on this but as a league shouldn't the league go .500?? and if 32 teams went 8-8 OR 16 teams won 16 games the league would be 256-256.

Well Steven has the league with 261 wins while Jeff puts them at a miserable 245 wins. I might bring that up to them and see what they say.

So when you make your deffinite picks next show remember, Im counting!!! Twisted Evil Very Happy Cool scratch cheers
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:00 am

Larry D wrote:
I've imposed a voluntary self-ban... or whatever.

DaBearsXXX may have been due to his STU plug, other than that, no.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:02 am

Also, for all of the ball-nuzzling on the greatness of the idea, there are still no bids. Just thought I'd point that out.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:06 am

Ball nuzzling? Laughing

eBay auctions usually lie dormant until the end. We'll see once it begins to wind down.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 7:21 am

Good call JD. I actually go through the entire NFL Schedule with wins and losses to determine my records for each team. My league will be .500 as it always is.
Back to top Go down
DaBearsXX

DaBearsXX

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:43 am

meathorse wrote:
Larry D wrote:
I've imposed a voluntary self-ban... or whatever.

DaBearsXXX may have been due to his STU plug, other than that, no.

I totally thought I would be banned for all the crap I said and then specially when I plugged STU HEHEHEHEHEHEHE but no, not banned.

I recently started listening to them and entertaining but not much football talk, maybe 10 minutes of the 90 minute show! I was going to stop listening anyways but when I saw the thread about the auction I LOST IT! How low does someone have to be to do something as stupid as what these morons are doing? I'm done with those shmucks!

I'TS ALL ABOUT THE STU BABY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicagobears.com
DaBearsXX

DaBearsXX

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:51 am

Quote :
You guys are all SCHMUCK! I can't believe you see nothing wrong with what they're doing. Who the hell said they have 10K listeners??? HAHAHAHA now that's funny!! They have MAYBE 700 per Steven and Jeffs own admission!

You guys are a JOKE and so are all your listeners!! SCREW THIS PODCAST, THE SITE, AND ALL YOU DONKS WHO LISTEN TO THESE TWO MORONS!!!

***** PLEASE BAN ME, PLEASE*****

I'M DONE WITH NFLRANDR! PEACE!!!!

Well, my most recent post SHOULD get me banned HEHEHE I copied it, see above...
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicagobears.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: Off The Subject-
Jump to: