Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reasonator2

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-05

For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves Empty
PostSubject: For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves   For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 2:06 am

Good day people. I'm hoping Vawn is on this message board as well as NFL Rants and Raves. I was banned from their site, but was trying to respond to a PM from him. If he is on here hopefully he will get it. If not, if any of you are members of the NFL Rand R message board will you see that he gets this following post. Thank you in advance.

Here are answers to everything.....

Q. What is the reason for your post?
A. I felt the need to inform all of you of how Steven handled my situation. It was poorly handled and when you aren't happy with the product are people of the company - as I bought my son an FFL team - then it is fair to complain in public when the owner treats you like dirt.

Your comment - I have read through your post but I can't seem to understand the underlying point to it all!

My answer - Unfortunately without me having my original post that Steven deleted three times I can't exactly tell you what everything was. It was pretty long and I'm too worn out to write it all out to you now.

Your comment - I could be wrong but it has the tone of someone who has been really hurt be this process but your background suggests that may be it is you that needs tougher skin.

My answer - This is my beef with R and R listeners. They never want Steven to take any responsibility. Why couldn't you word this as "it looks like you also need tougher skin along with Steven." Notice how Steven always gets a pass around here. Again, its good he is beloved but the man is not Jesus.

Your comment - Steven has been polite and respectful in ALL of his communications to me.

My resonse - Unforuntately I can not say the same. He was completely unprofessional.

Your comment - Steven and Jeff have welcomed constructive criticism. Ask yourself honestly, was your post constructive? Could it be read in a different light than you intended.

My response - Because I mentioned who I am I know you are mocking me about it, but that's fine. My point was to get people to realize I'm not another 14-year-old who was done wrong by Steven as it happened before. I would completely disagree with those two welcoming constructive criticism. They constantly defend themselves, ban people, and have banned people from their network and then their favorite thing is to have the last word and lock a thread. I know this is a forum, but that type of behavior is very much like a dictator. It's very annoying.

Your comment - As a top businessman in a fortune 500 company you must be aware that the consumer drives any business opportunity and an idea such as a seat auction isn't a major business idea that could drive the ratings of a podcast in to the toilet?

My response - I agree with Vawn. Fair enough. But I also believe this is the beginning of two people who are massaging their egos too early in the game. As you can clearly see I am not the lone person completely turned off by this idea.

Your comment - I am only an average person without the knowledge of business that you must have and isn't NFL Rants and Raves a bit small to suffer huge ill effects from this type of crossmarketing?

My response - I'm not for sure what cross marketing you are referring to. If it's the auction then that was two sentences in a row asking the same thing for the most part. If not, help me understand.

Your Comment - Being the perceived 'child' that I must be to disagree with your points, I will ask a simpler question. If you have been banned three times already, why do you keep coming back?

My response - I was banned three times in ten minutes. I just wanted my fair thoughts out there for everyone else to judge and comment on. Not be banned by someone who is afraid of a critic who was fair and had some good points - just so you know I also said some things in his favor as well. Also, I like to keep on here as my son had been involved with this. I like to keep an eye on what my child is doing on the internet these days.

And, do not exaggerate like Steven does. This was the one time when you went out of your fair boundaries. I never once said if you disagree with me you are then perceived to be a child.

Overall Vawn I appreciate your honesty. It's people like you that I respect on here. Here is something I sent to Aogu because he wanted my post. I really wish I had kept it. I thought I did and am looking for it. You'll be the first to see it. Also, I would be more than happy to send you the emails Steven wrote me.

Aogu, unfortunately that post was deleted by Steven 3 times so I do not have it. I know you can only trust a faceless stranger in order to believe the post was truly constructive so I do not ask that you trust me before Steven. I know that won't happen.

Thank you for reading my post and not just ripping on me and saying Jeff and Steven are the best as a reply. While I appreciate the support for them and their shows - hey, for the most part I am right there with you all, I have truly gotten sick of everyone's way of defending Steven and Jeff by just saying, "hey lets talk football and leave them alone." The have sections to post about their show. They should expect both positive and negative posts. Furthermore, I think it's unfair that Steven will let 7 people feed his ego and then delete someone who isn't always drinking the same Kool-Aid. Again, I truly wish I had that post so you could decide for yourself. I think you would find I was being quite reasonable in my assessments. Thank you for your consideration. It is appreciated. I am done in my dealings with Steven Miranda. He has a lot of growing up to do when he chooses to handle a fair criticism in the manner he has shown time and time again.

God bless and enjoy the NFL Season.

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves   For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:08 am

reasonator2, interesting post there. I have no clue if Vawn has a screen name on here, but I'll assume not. Maybe ask whodey or rockhoppers to PM your message to Vawn. As much as I'd love to start commenting on that, I'll refrain from it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vawn2007

Male Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves   For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:20 pm

I just joined. Thank you for finding me! I hope the members of this forum won't mind me replying to the responses made. If this causes a problem please let me know because that last thing I want to do is cause problems or talk about other forums here. I would just like the opportunity to answer back. I promise to do this once and once only and leave it at that. Plus I haven't seen this forum and want to do some exploring!

Q. What is the reason for your post?
A. I felt the need to inform all of you of how Steven handled my situation. It was poorly handled and when you aren't happy with the product are people of the company - as I bought my son an FFL team - then it is fair to complain in public when the owner treats you like dirt.
R. I can see your point of view, if your felt your emails weren't being handled appropriately. If you had written this response as your original post, I believe you would have had a more favorable response. I do understand that when you feel badly treated that people will write with a harsher tone.

Your comment - I have read through your post but I can't seem to understand the underlying point to it all!

My answer - Unfortunately without me having my original post that Steven deleted three times I can't exactly tell you what everything was. It was pretty long and I'm too worn out to write it all out to you now.

My response - I totally understand that worn out feeling that you get when your have written something so much that you can't write it anymore without feeling really angry or just bored of writing it. With that, I could only respond to the post I saw, not to other posts and situations that were alluded to.

Your comment - I could be wrong but it has the tone of someone who has been really hurt be this process but your background suggests that may be it is you that needs tougher skin.

My answer - This is my beef with R and R listeners. They never want Steven to take any responsibility. Why couldn't you word this as "it looks like you also need tougher skin along with Steven." Notice how Steven always gets a pass around here. Again, its good he is beloved but the man is not Jesus.

My response. I'm sorry that you read that from my question. What I was hoping you would understand that I was trying (rather badly) to explain the underlying tone of your post. Why I didn't write "it looks like you also need tougher skin, along with Steven" was that I was responding to your post, not Steven. Maybe I should have responded by saying posts of this nature need time to cool off before writing. For this I am sorry!

Your comment - Steven has been polite and respectful in ALL of his communications to me.

My response - Unfortunately I can not say the same. He was completely unprofessional.

My comment - I was only highlighting the fact that he has been polite to me.

Your comment - Steven and Jeff have welcomed constructive criticism. Ask yourself honestly, was your post constructive? Could it be read in a different light than you intended.

My response - Because I mentioned who I am I know you are mocking me about it, but that's fine. My point was to get people to realize I'm not another 14-year-old who was done wrong by Steven as it happened before. I would completely disagree with those two welcoming constructive criticism. They constantly defend themselves, ban people, and have banned people from their network and then their favorite thing is to have the last word and lock a thread. I know this is a forum, but that type of behavior is very much like a dictator. It's very annoying.

My comment - I promise you that I am not mocking you. We are only control the communications we make. In this spirit I always try and see how I could have caused a miscommunication. I find this a far easier way of finding where problems have been cause. In my opinion, the only communication you are in full control over is your own.

Your comment - As a top businessman in a fortune 500 company you must be aware that the consumer drives any business opportunity and an idea such as a seat auction isn't a major business idea that could drive the ratings of a podcast in to the toilet?

My response - I agree with Vawn. Fair enough. But I also believe this is the beginning of two people who are massaging their egos too early in the game. As you can clearly see I am not the lone person completely turned off by this idea.

My comment - I found it more interesting that most of the negative comments were coming from Americans and the positive comments were from the UK. I am not criticizing Americans!!! I just found that fascinating!

Your comment - I am only an average person without the knowledge of business that you must have and isn't NFL Rants and Raves a bit small to suffer huge ill effects from this type of crossmarketing?

My response - I'm not for sure what cross marketing you are referring to. If it's the auction then that was two sentences in a row asking the same thing for the most part. If not, help me understand.

My comment - My mistake. I did repeat myself!

Your Comment - Being the perceived 'child' that I must be to disagree with your points, I will ask a simpler question. If you have been banned three times already, why do you keep coming back?

My response - I was banned three times in ten minutes. I just wanted my fair thoughts out there for everyone else to judge and comment on. Not be banned by someone who is afraid of a critic who was fair and had some good points - just so you know I also said some things in his favor as well. Also, I like to keep on here as my son had been involved with this. I like to keep an eye on what my child is doing on the internet these days.

And, do not exaggerate like Steven does. This was the one time when you went out of your fair boundaries. I never once said if you disagree with me you are then perceived to be a child.

My comment - Your post did state that criticism would come from the enviable bunch of children. Personally if you want people to read and respond honestly, that kind of comment doesn't promote that. It made your post sound like you just wanted to insult Steven and the forum, even if that was not your intent.

Overall Vawn I appreciate your honesty. It's people like you that I respect on here. Here is something I sent to Aogu because he wanted my post. I really wish I had kept it. I thought I did and am looking for it. You'll be the first to see it. Also, I would be more than happy to send you the emails Steven wrote me.

Aogu, unfortunately that post was deleted by Steven 3 times so I do not have it. I know you can only trust a faceless stranger in order to believe the post was truly constructive so I do not ask that you trust me before Steven. I know that won't happen.

Thank you for reading my post and not just ripping on me and saying Jeff and Steven are the best as a reply. While I appreciate the support for them and their shows - hey, for the most part I am right there with you all, I have truly gotten sick of everyone's way of defending Steven and Jeff by just saying, "hey lets talk football and leave them alone." The have sections to post about their show. They should expect both positive and negative posts. Furthermore, I think it's unfair that Steven will let 7 people feed his ego and then delete someone who isn't always drinking the same Kool-Aid. Again, I truly wish I had that post so you could decide for yourself. I think you would find I was being quite reasonable in my assessments. Thank you for your consideration. It is appreciated. I am done in my dealings with Steven Miranda. He has a lot of growing up to do when he chooses to handle a fair criticism in the manner he has shown time and time again.

God bless and enjoy the NFL Season.

Thank you for this post. I appreciate the time it took to write this and I kind of wish the post I saw was written like this. You have given me a greater understanding to your plight.

God bless you too!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves   For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Get a room you two. Laughing

Once reasonator reads the post I will delete it. Thanks for stopping by Vawn2007.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportstalkunderground.com
Vawn2007

Male Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves   For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am

Admin wrote:
Get a room you two. Laughing

Once reasonator reads the post I will delete it. Thanks for stopping by Vawn2007.

No problem dude. I love the look of the forum!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves   For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Vawn of NFL Rants and Raves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: Off The Subject-
Jump to: