Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Front page

Go down 
+2
simon
STUN.Ryan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:51 pm

Thoughts on the new home page of STUN? Better or worse? Eventually everything will look like that. I'm hoping the message board will have the same look too.
Back to top Go down
simon

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-03

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:54 pm

I think its a hell of a lot better! Looks slicker, bit more professional too if you don't mind me saying!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 7:56 pm

I don't mind that comment at all. That's precisely what I was going for. I just thought the last front page lacked something and I think that was it. Thanks simon!
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:33 pm

Yea for the new style. It looks like someone actually put some effort into this one! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Damon Albarn

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-09-15

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:21 pm

The cover of "Smell the Glove" was less black than this website.

I like the content, hate the fact that I'll need glasses in a month.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Damon, is it because of the black background? If so, I am considering changing it to match our front page. I've been extremely busy recently and will soon be letting everyone know why.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:40 am

Oh oh oh! I know!
Not recording any new shows is taking up all your time?
(makeshift asshole smiley)
:!:
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 8:13 am

Ryan, I used to work for a company whose first website in 1995 was very comparable to your old look....black background with white type and various colors. The tests and surveys we ran with employees, customers, investors, media and other groups all showed very large majorities of people found it difficult to read. Designers want to be different, but the most effective design is that which is most readable and encourages people to read the content and navigate through the site. I think the new look is much more readable, engaging and inviting to navigate. And after all, isn't that what you are after?
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 9:00 am

Coast2Coast wrote:
Ryan, I used to work for a company whose first website in 1995 was very comparable to your old look....black background with white type and various colors. The tests and surveys we ran with employees, customers, investors, media and other groups all showed very large majorities of people found it difficult to read. Designers want to be different, but the most effective design is that which is most readable and encourages people to read the content and navigate through the site. I think the new look is much more readable, engaging and inviting to navigate. And after all, isn't that what you are after?

Really? because when we compared white writing on black background to black writing on white background at my school, the white on black was easier to read
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 9:22 am

I personally enjoy dark backgrounds.

Dark letters on light backgrounds is just soooooo last decade.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 11:01 am

jdburlin1022 wrote:
Really? because when we compared white writing on black background to black writing on white background at my school, the white on black was easier to read

There may be an age and eyesight quality thing at work here. Most of that company's customers were middle-age adults. Most of the investors were Wall Street types. While there were some in their 20s, the majority was probably older than that. The media covering that industry also skewed older. I can tell you that my eyesight is much different than it was when I was a teen. Heck, it's a lot different than it was when I was 20, 30 and 40. (Even with glasses, it's not nearly the same as it was.) Eyesight inexorably and somewhat steadily deteroriates with age for many people. High school and college kids may indeed find white on black easier to read. Enjoy those good eyes while you can. Many of the people older than you don't share your good fortune.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 7:18 pm

Oh my!
Did we just get a "You kids have it so lucky..." speech about black backgrounds?

*Walks all over Coast's lawn*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Front page Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Front page   New Front page Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Front page
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: General :: Questions, Suggestions, and Complaints-
Jump to: