Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thestos

thestos

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)   Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 8:20 am

A passable grade for Week 1 with a 2-2 record, lets see what we can come up with in Week 2.

My two locks of the week are to bench Miami & plug in Cincinnati.

Miami's team DEF had an ADP of 5 so they should be rostered in all leagues and have been drafted by someone who would consider them a must start each and every week. In Week 2 the Dallas Cowboys come to town and I say bench them. The Miami offense is putrid so their defense is going to be on the field a hell of a lot in the September heat down in Florida. Tony Romo & the Cowboys were rampant against the Giants and I see no reason for them to shut down by the Dolphins. I see enough reasons here to not risk the Miami play when you have enough options on the waiver wire to help you through Week 2.

Cincinnati travel to Cleveland so I would be grabbing the Bengals off the waiver wire without hesitation. According to NFL.com, the Bengals are rostered in 49% of leagues, at fleaflicker.com they are rostered in 36% of leagues. Cleveland offense is a joke, no running game, QB situation is a mess and the o-line is not much better. The front office & coaching staff are having problems of their own after naming their starting QB, having him in the field for 10 plays, benching him then trading him......a mess I tells ya. While I don't think the Bengals are the second coming of the Chicago Bears, they are full of confidence after an opportunistic outing on MNF against the Ravens. They are a fantastic plug in and play option for one week.....that's this week only! Play the Bengals vs the Browns with confidence.

If you own the Chargers DEF and are worried about their matchup in New England, this could also be another situation to bench your highly drafted DEF (ADP 4) If you cannot grab the Bengals, Indy may still be available on your waiver wire. Owned in 55% of leagues at NFL.com. Indy face Tennessee so I'd feel confident enough in plugging in the Colts in this matchup.
Back to top Go down
http://kurtrudder.blogspot.com/
thestos

thestos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)   Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 9:10 am

who could have predicted the Browns & Bengals would play a shootout like that?? The Bengals prediction seriously hurt me this week, ending up with only 2 fantasy points and ranking 30th in the league. In some scoring systems, the Bengals ended up with negative points!! Embarassed

The Colts were respectable against the Titans and tallied 11 fantasy points, while those 11 points were much better than the two teams I recommended benching, they didn't make the top 12 in the league in Week 2 which was the benchmark I set for myself..

My saving graces were the two defenses I told you to bench.

Miami were routed by the Cowboys and could only muster 1 point for fantasy purposes, ranking 31st in Week 2.

San Diego were also humbled by New England and their team defense only scored 6 points, ranking 23rd in Week 2 prior to MNF.

Overall, another pass IMO, 2-2.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)   Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 10:19 am

The Bengals got me -14 points. I lost by 2.
I'm so done with you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thestos

thestos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)   Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:54 am

meathorse wrote:
The Bengals got me -14 points. I lost by 2.
I'm so done with you Very Happy

lol! yeah that would be hard to take....I had two different leagues where it cost me while i had Team DEF's that I have been pimping sitting on my bench.

I had a similar situation where I followed my advice to the letter, benched the Dolphins for the Bengals which wasn't the too bad.....except I had the Texans already sitting on my bench and I left them there.....that cost me a win.

Another league where I benched the Vikings thinking the Lions would hurt them, yet Minnesota run up turnover after turnover and the Bengals who I grabbed off waivers killed me with negative points and cost me another W.

That logic about the Vikings convinced me to bench them in the STUN league for Indy, luckily the 13 points I left on the bench didn't cost me against the Rockhoppers.

As a side note.....someone in our STUN league grabbed the Bengals off the waiver wire prior to my Week 2 DTBC post....unfortunately his team took the biggest beating in Week 2 and a Bengals shutout would not have saved him.....would it Ryan! sorry bro, couldn't help but point that one out!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)   Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 7:20 pm

Quote :
unfortunately his team took the biggest beating in Week 2 and a Bengals shutout would not have saved him.....would it Ryan!
lol!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)   Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 8:58 pm

True. Doesn't help when you don't make the draft. This team blows. Still having fun with it though and trying some things out. I didn't even vote for myself in that poll for who'd win the division Laughing
Back to top Go down
thestos

thestos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)   Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 7:44 am

you know our draft was at 2am Australian time so I wasn't around for it live either, just had to make do with the autodraft and my rankings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)   Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football Week 2 - Defensive Team by Committee (DTBC)
Page 1 of 1