Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My biggest geek moment

Go down 
+4
jdburlin1022
STUN.Ryan
Underground Dyer
CardinalPackerHoosier
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

My biggest geek moment Empty
PostSubject: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:14 am

I have MVP Baseball 2005 on PS2 (refuse to get a PS3 at the moment) and EA Sports can't make MLB games anymore, which sucks cos they've always made the best ones, but every year since I have updated rosters occassionally...making trades that happen and even creating players or editing minor leaguers to accomodate rookies. Save them on memory card. Then I've moved the attributes up and down...for example, giving Matt Holliday more contact ability and making Roger Clemens' fastball slower. Uhh so right now, it's pretty damn solid and they're pretty accurate. Not perfect of course (that would mean I had ABSOLUTELY no life haha...ha....) but pretty good. It's a great time though and I'd recommend it highly. albino

There I just put myself out on the limb to be laughed at for my geekness but at least I admit it.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:20 am

Not much different than Simmons and I spending hours editing names in NCAA Football to make shure that they pop up with the right names when they get exported to Madden.

One year in particular, the first year Western Illinois was in the game, we named every single player before playing a down in the game.

But if you ever have a chance to play NCAA football on a console owned by Simmons, don't be surprised to find that at least 40% of the players in the game have been named. And more times than not, I helped him out with a good protion of it.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:33 am

Justin, any baseball video gamer knows that '05 is the best baseball video game of all-time. I bow down to your geekness by keeping that game alive. Hell, I wish there was a way I could steal your roster. I think you should sim the baseball playoffs for us and give us your game's version of who wins it all.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:16 am

Ryan, that is an excellent idea about the playoffs. I may do that.

And that's awesome about the Western football team. I have an NCAA football game with them on it but never have named the players. I do that with some of the NCAA basketball teams though every season...mostly Big Ten, Duke/UNC-type scools and local colleges like Bradley and Illinois State-always fun.

Maybe I can copy the rosters onto another memory card if you want them. The toughest part is pitchers...can't know all the pitches they throw but obviously virtually all of them have a fastball and a changeup, so just adjust the movement and control according to their stats, usually have at least a curve in there too. Did a real good job on Francisco Liriano- too bad he's hurt.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:40 am

Though I have never done this, I think it's a great idea. If there is one game that is the best in the series (05 madden) why not keep playing that one and just updating rosters instead of buying new games that are worse
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:45 am

I play MVP 05 on PC and there's a site (eamods.com) that releases mods with updated rosters, updated stats and other tidbits like faces, new unis, stadium changes, etc. There's a section for consoles, but I haven't tried to use it and I'm pretty sure you need special hardware.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 10:54 am

You can just download rosters for NCAA games: www.fkrosters.com is a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:47 pm

BrianIm wrote:
I play MVP 05 on PC and there's a site (eamods.com) that releases mods with updated rosters, updated stats and other tidbits like faces, new unis, stadium changes, etc. There's a section for consoles, but I haven't tried to use it and I'm pretty sure you need special hardware.

I've considered getting it for PC but that would mean extra money. I've seen a mod site for it, it's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm

Wow. Nerds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:53 pm

i don't have 05, but i still play MVP 04, cos i have a few teams that i've played for a few seasons, and like developing the AA and AAA players.

I'm a total geek when it comes to sports games...and that's why I love EA sports. FIFA 07, I'm about 3 seasons in, and managed a few clubs, have won much brass and again, fun to develop the young talent. I also like trading them away and seeing how they do down the years with other clubs.

I used to be a huge Madden fan and still play 05 because I have a tem that I created and played about 5 seasons with them...and the last time I played, there weren't too many real players left...a lot had retired.

I'm a big manager mode fan. I like that EA has so much depth in that respect.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 2:47 am

Yeah W-Z, nothing comes close to EA Sports, really.

There's a couple good ESPN games in college basketball and NBA but like you said, EA is just so in-depth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My biggest geek moment   My biggest geek moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My biggest geek moment
Page 1 of 1