Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iowa Loses Best Player To Tennessee

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Iowa Loses Best Player To Tennessee Empty
PostSubject: Iowa Loses Best Player To Tennessee   Iowa Loses Best Player To Tennessee Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 3:09 am

Don't know if anyone caught this, but Iowa's best player last year, Tyler Smith, has left Iowa City for Knoxville. Not only that, but he will be eligible right away in this, his sophomore season. Smith is from Tennessee and his father was dying of cancer when he made the switch to be closer to his dad. The NCAA granted him a special exemption so the kid could be with his dad and not lose eligibility. His dad died last week with Tyler by his side. I guess the NCAA does get something right.

I knew that Iowa would be bad and Tennessee would be very good this year. This just amplifies it for both teams...especially the Hawkeyes. This could be a very, very long winter in Iowa City. (As if they all aren't long). Smith makes the Vols a legitimate favorite in the SEC and likely a Top Ten team.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Iowa Loses Best Player To Tennessee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iowa Loses Best Player To Tennessee   Iowa Loses Best Player To Tennessee Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 3:42 am

Leave it to Bruce Pearl to find away around NCAA rules....

No, it probably was the right decision. I don't think Tyler Smith is going to lead any team to anything, but if you add him on an already good Tennessee team it should definitely help.
Back to top Go down

Iowa Loses Best Player To Tennessee
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: NCAA Basketball-
Jump to: