Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where's the love?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:35 pm

No hockey fans on STUN? Where's the love?? The hosts of the show (STU) are from Chicago, right? There's a hockey team in Chicago. One of the original six!

Even though football season is in full swing, I am starting to get excited about the NHL season again. Sabres home opener is tomorrow night, against the NY Islanders. They did NOT like the way we ousted them in round one last year. Should be an intense game.

Sabres are deep with talent. We lost our two veteran play makers. Our captains. Will be interesting to see how the "talent" steps up (or doesn't?) Buffalo will definitely be among the top 5 or 6 teams in the conference again.

Go Buffalo!
Back to top Go down
http://buffalobillsreview.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:18 am

No one in my family has ever been a hockey fan so I didn't pay much attention to it growing up. It wasn't until I fell in love with SportsCenter that I even began to follow the sport (somewhere around eighth grade). But in the most recent years since Simmons and I began doing the show I have followed the game a little more closely and have grown to enjoy the unpredictability of the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:32 am

All I can say is that I have no love for the Sabres nor their fans. Go LEAFS Go!
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:47 am

Hey Leaf Fan, I'm just looking for any love at all for hockey in general! Glad to hear from ya. Of course, the Sabes will still be beating up on your team this year... maybe just a little less. Wink

Larry, I think the NHL is my favorite league. Weird, cause I do the Bills show, and obviously the Bills trump every other sport of any kind. But I am much more of a hockey/NHL fan than a football fan. I'm a Bills fan, yes, but I would rather watch almost any hockey match up than any football game not involving the Bills.

It's an exciting league, every game is fast-paced, action packed.... even the low scoring ones, cause the saves are usually amazing in those. And those games can be even more intense!

Bring on the NHL! I can handle two leagues at once! :)

OCT 15 on Versus, Brian. We'll be watching as HSBC is rockin for a big Sabres win over the Leafs! cheers
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Sabres/Leafs   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:13 am

Hey Leaf Fan, not trying to rub it in (if you knew me, you'd know that was true) but that was quite a game last night, eh? Your Leafs looked pretty good actually. They were going hard, and even looked like they could keep up with the Sabres speed. Which was pretty crazy, since the Sabres were flying. They (both teams, but I mean the Sabres) looked absolutely determined not to lose that game.

Raycroft looked good in net too.

We got a lucky bounce this time. Looking forward to the other seven match-ups this season. Next one Nov 9 in Buffalonto. (They don't meet up in Toronalo until Jan 19!)
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:17 am

Well I guess I'll have to eat crow on this one. Like you said, the Leafs looked pretty good out there but they blew it in the 3rd. With the help of the Sabres of course. I didn't think the Sabres would even have a chance after losing Briere AND Drury but they've looked pretty good the last few games.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go shoot Bryan McCabe in the head now.
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:28 am

ha! :)
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:31 am

Caps fan right here!!!

AO is better then Sid the kid
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:50 am

jdburlin1022 wrote:
AO is better then Sid the kid

Every time I hear his name I can only say "Ovechkin!!" like Crosby says on that NHL commercial from last season. (Where the two are dueling with room service for the other.)

He's not well liked in Buffalo. Can't believe how the fans are holding a grudge on that one. Not only was the "incident" last season... the player who was wronged (Briere) is not even on the team anymore!! Haha!

Well my Sabres took care of your Caps pretty good this first meeting of the season. Good team down there in Washington, though... won't be that easy next time. Unless the Sabres are better than I even think they are! :)

(I can't believe there are two more hockey fans here! Sweet! Should we count Larry? Maybe he's a half or something...)

Gonna go watch the Philly/Atlanta game now. TiVoed it... Two former Sabres on the Flyers now! Closet Flyers fan... :)
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:18 am

You can count me as a fan I guess. I don't watch the sport much until the post season comes around, but every now and then I watch a few minutes of a game when they are on NBC.

But none of it exists for me until after football season, so I'll be an absentee hockey fan until then.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
BrianIm

BrianIm

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:44 pm

1-1 now Greg.

Raycroft was SPECTAAAAACULAR!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
BBR-Greg

BBR-Greg

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 12:51 pm

You definitely got this one! My Sabres are struggling. (Didn't see the game, so I'll take your word on Raycroft. Sabres outshot the Leafs, so he did something right!) I know there are injuries, but there's more talent on this team than a 6-8-1 record and the Northeast cellar.

Can't wait for the next one! Leafs-Sabres games are great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where's the love? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where's the love?   Where's the love? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where's the love?
Page 1 of 1