Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rockies and Red Sox

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Rockies and Red Sox Empty
PostSubject: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:10 am

Um...yeah I saw this coming in April.

I know the Rockies have been playing outstanding and with the exception of last year, the team with the longer layoff has historically done well in the World Series but I put it in the "highly unlikely" category for the Rockies to beat Boston. Boston just came back from a 3-1 deficit to beat a very solid Indians team and they have way more experience.

I hope the Rocks can find a way to win because that would no doubt make for a memorable World Series...I don't know though, I hope they surprise me.

Maybe when they play in Colorado, they try and exploit David Ortiz at first base. That'll be interesting. Maybe do some bunting. Kick their asses NL-style. Come to think of it, that's how last year's champs did it.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:05 pm

Red Sox in 5
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:31 am

STUN.Ryan wrote:
Red Sox in 5

I don't know. I was watching SportsCenter the other day and as luck would have it, thanks to interleague play, the Rockies and Red Sox have played each other already this season. And the Rockies took two out of three from the Bo Sox in Fenway.

I think that considering that games one and two are going to be in Fenway that would give the Rockies a mental boost going into the game, not to mention the fact that they are playing (or were nine weeks ago the last time they played) the best baseball right now.

I don't know if the Rockies will win, but I'm with Sims, I'm pulling for them.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:54 am

The betting line says that the Red Sox have a 70% chance to win the series. Bigger underdogs than that win every week in sports. So the Rockies have a puncher's chance. However, as dominant as Beckett has been, it's hard to imagine the Sox losing the two games he will pitch. That's tough for the Rockies to overcome, even if the teams were dead even in the other five games...which they are not.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 1:00 am

Never said I wasn't pulling for the Rockies, but I don't give a shit about some silly regular season interleague series. This is the World Series. The Red Sox will be ready and I will be annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:41 am

Sounds like Ryan is about to go on a two week "I Hate Boston" bender. I love it. Game 7 of the Series is Thursday, NOvember 1, just three days before that other Boston team plays a certain Super Bowl champion from downtown Indiana.

Sounds like a good bender. I'll join ya. I'm not eating beans for two weeks.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 3:59 am

Haha, I'm not for Boston College either so add to that as well. I'm one of the Cubs fans that never felt connected to the Red Sox and I just don't care for this team being labeled as the good guys against the big bad Yankees. They are Yankee wannabees and now they are. Good for them.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 5:09 am

I think this is the first time in the history of the world where Larry has agreed with me. That's great stuff.

But I also agree with Ryan, the fact that the Rockies beat the Red Sox in Fenway during interleague play means virtually nothing.

I do think, though, that Clint Hurdle has made these players feel like they're just out there playing and having fun. He doesn't strike me as a "pressurizing" guy like a La Russa or Piniella, and with this mostly young group, I think that's the way to go and why they've been fun to watch. They keep going out with that mentality playing for fun...baseball's a freaky game, a couple breaks here and there, and they get momentum, who knows what could happen. But Boston is clearly the Goliath in this matchup.

I'm glad the subject of Boston wanting to be the Yankees-another thing I agree with-was brought up. I read an article the other day about that. And as luck would have it, I was able to find it again. Here's the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7323070

The Red Sox are green with envy of the Yankees...with the exception of Fenway Park. That place is a good example of how baseball is in general: charming, unexpectedly forgiving and pleasant, unusually cruel, frustrating and freakish all at once. One of my fav. stadiums I have to admit, too.

Also, here's a link of one of the funniest celebrations ever if you haven't seen it yet ft. Jonathan Papelbon and Kevin Youkilis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu43lbTrvOQ
Back to top Go down
W_Z

W_Z

Male Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Saux!
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:25 am

The more I think about it, the more I think the Rockies have a decent shot to at least make this a longer series. I think they have the better bullpen, the offense is comparable to Boston's, their defense has been unbelievable. The Rockies swept the Phillies and D'backs off the map. The Red Sox beat the Angels pretty good but the Indians blew a 3-1 lead...I give the Red Sox credit for coming back in the ALCS but Cleveland got a little bit cocky, I think.

This 8-day wait I'm sure has made the Rockies ansty. That may be the story right there how they deal with that.

Someone in Boston was talking about how the Red Sox can be more relaxed now that they "reversed the curse"...give me a damn break. There's like 3 guys on this Red Sox team from that '04 team. Plus, that "curse" talk makes me sick.

Anyway...while I still think it's Boston's series to lose, if this Rockies team comes out and gets at least a split in Boston, it's anyone's series.

Also, the Red Sox won in 7 in my simulation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockies and Red Sox   Rockies and Red Sox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rockies and Red Sox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: Major League Baseball-
Jump to: