Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breeders Cup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Breeders Cup Empty
PostSubject: Breeders Cup   Breeders Cup Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 11:03 am

Here are some thoughts from a guy I know who plays the horses regularly and seems to do pretty well...

Juvenille
Tale of Ekati
This horse IMO is a standout in the 2YO division. Talented, professional, and getting better. His last race in the Futurity Juvenille was just scary. After hitting the gate at the start, he rushed up, then was left to relax off the pace, got bottled up in the stretch while darting back and forth looking for room, squeezed through on the rail, accelerated with a fantastic turn of foot, left The Leopard and Kodiak Kowboy in his wake, and was wrapped up at the wire. This was a 2YO in his 3rd start that did this. Still like him a lot in the race. Wicked Style should be fit and move way up on dirt, and I’ll use him in the box. Playing:
Tale of Ekati WP/ exa box 10-13

Filly and Mare Turf
Nashoba's Key
This will be my single. Nashoba’s Key is one special filly. She seems to be able to run down whomever, whenever she wants. She carried top weight against the incredibly talented Citronnade w/ that one running her perfect race. Wasn’t good enough, Nashoba powered by her when asked like she’s done in all her other races. Anything @ 2/1 or over I consider good value, and it may be a price we never see again on this one. I’m playing:
Nashoba’s Key to win/Trifecta 3 w/ 2,5 w/ all

Not a strong opinion in the Classic, but here's the way I see it:
IMO, I know who the best 1 ¼ horse in the nation is. I have been singing his praises from the time I first watched him power through the lane. Curlin is the biggest, strongest, fastest horse in the race. I will not be betting him. Perfect case of a horse not fitting the track. Tight turns and a shorter stretch run will likely be the undoing of Curlin. He’s a powerful right-sided runner who does not handle cornering well. Do to his inefficiency at cornering, and the extra amount of energy he requires to negotiate turns, it takes a while to get his momentum rolling in the stretch. Not a good track for him. The horse that fits the track, that should sit a dream spot, and who’s been finely prepped again off a synthetic surface race is Street Sense. Awesome left-sided runner who corners better than any horse I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t lose a mm on the turns, and can run through them as fast as he can run on a straightaway. He should sit off what should be a very hot pace, and a very good chance with the tight turns the rail’s going to open up for him again to take advantage. Not my pick as the best horse in the race, but my pick as the winner of a wide open event. Spreading deep in the pick 4.

Others longshots worth a look, not much of an opinion on these races:

Filly and Mare Sprint- Baroness Thatcher 12/1
Juv Turf- Gio Ponti 8/1, Nownownow 10/1
Dirt Mile- Park Avenue Ball 15/1
Juvenille Filly- Grace Anatomy 10/1, Izarra 6/1
Sprint-Kelly's Landing 20/1
Mile- Silent Name 30/1
Distaff- Hysterical Lady 8/1
Back to top Go down

Breeders Cup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum