Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le Empty
PostSubject: Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le   Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:22 am

I've had it with this guy. I defended him a little at first because the questioning he was getting is stupid. Now, he won't answer any decent questions form local reporters and doesn't give a damn about speaking to his fans in the city of Chicago. Apparently he is too big for the city. It's an absolute shame he doesn't have the time fo day for local reporters. These are the people that deliver an athlete's thought and words to their fans. To me, Urlacher has stuck his middle finger up to the fans of Chicago as well. Check foxsports.com? Brian, go f yourself. I've had it with this guy. He may play well on the field (which this year can even be questioned), but he's a complete loser from just about everything we've seen and heard form this guy over the past couple years. I've lost a ton of respect for this guy. I don't care about his arthritic back right now either. The guy is an @ssh*le.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le   Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:42 am

Yes he is an ahole, but I suspect that stems from the fact that he is a very dumb person. Listening to him speak is painful. Some guys, like Chad Johnson, TO or Moss have shown in the past they are aholes...but they are obviously smart guys. Urlacher is an ahole in part because he apparently is too dumb to know otherwise.

I do think the Chicago media --- including our favorite talk show hosts -- are also way over the top on this. So what if an athlete is surly with them, and by extension, with the fans. The very media people criticizing him are surly themselves with their fans at times. Urlacher is only hurting himself, his "brand" and his future earning potential...just as some of those media types have affected their own futures by some of the churlishness they've engaged in.

I suspect there is something going on behind the scenes that has nothing whatever to do with this that is causing Urlacher's behavior. He is upset about something and he is acting out.....a contract re-negotiation that isn't going very well, perhaps? But we wouldn't know about that because the very media that is complaining about his behavior waste their questions with him to ask about his behavior, rather than asking substantive questions about the games. The media has one bite at the apple with athletes every week and they choose to use that bite to chew on the worm. The press conference was silly...because of both Urlacher's nonsense and the media's persistent questioning about it.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le   Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 4:53 am

Quote :
The very media people criticizing him are surly themselves with their fans at times.

No question. But he also knows that Chiago fans can hear the way he acts. You're also right that he isn't very smart. It's probably the fact his back is really hurting him, but I've turned sour on the guy. I'm glad I didn't buy his jersey. I'll take the nicer box of rocks in Devin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le   Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:02 am

Awwww did Urlacher refuse to sign someone's Jersey on Sunday? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le   Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:38 pm

Haha, hardly. I'm not really an autograph guy really. I'd rather just shake hand or meet someone and get a picture. There's really not one Bear I get overly excited about other than Hester. i thought Berrian was going to be that guy for me this year and he has completely disappointed. I need to rant with Larry sometime soon about this team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le   Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Urlacher is an @ssh*le
Page 1 of 1