Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woah, I'm an Alien..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simon

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Woah, I'm an Alien.. Empty
PostSubject: Woah, I'm an Alien..   Woah, I'm an Alien.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 4:08 pm

..I'm a legal alien, I'm an Englishman playing football!

Yeah not the best pun, but the sentiment is right and was the best I could come up with whilst trying to hold in some sick (Hangover + 4 hours of football = feeling a little woozy)

Hello, this post his hugely self indulgent, but thought I'd post it anyway while I'm a high... Yesterday I played football for the first time!! There was an open rookie day at my local team in the British League and I went along... and didn't make a tool of myself!!

Was quite nerve racking at first but this was put to rest when I saw/met the following:
1. People alot less fit than me
2. People who also didn't know what position to play
3. People who didn't seem to know the rules
4. Just generally nice friendly people

After running around for a bit to warm up, and some star jumps and all that crap, you had to go to the position you wante dto do... "sheeznaz! Where to go???"... QB, nah, I've got no arm... TE/WR... nah loads of people going for that... O/D-Line... nah not fat enough... "Linebackers come with me"... hmmm that guy looks my size so off I went!

Was great learning how to hit a bag, then hit blockers and make sacks eventually. Got padded up and everything as the day went on. Great stuff, you feel invincible when you've got all that crap on! I found myself really listening and learning... the coaches seemed to be reasonably impressed, with me and another guy (there was 5 of us). Eventually we got hitting people and learning about coverage, where I seemed to be decent... and thats where I found my niche... OLB.

To be blunt - I f**cking loved it.

We played Def v Off at the end, and as a D we owned. All the rookies.. 4 LB's who had never met eachother, gave up a total of about 6 yards on about 20 plays. They didn't seem to pass much, and they never did to my side which I guess means I had him covered!?... Only one rush came down my side too... but I nailed that SOB! People seemed to be very pleased with that, which was a surprise as I think I could have done better.

I can't wait for training to start proper now and get myself alot more fit.

Well thuoght it might be nice reading how the other half live!

Things I've learned:

1. Playing football with a hangover ruins it a bit.
2. Getting kicked full force in the head whilst wearing a helmet doesn't hurt
3. Football fudge rules.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Woah, I'm an Alien..   Woah, I'm an Alien.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:42 pm

Heyyyy! You're Welephant over at tffg! I knew there was a reason I liked you :)

Nice fudge story! Thanks for reporting back on the tryout.
Back to top Go down
simon

Male Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Woah, I'm an Alien..   Woah, I'm an Alien.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 9:06 pm

Small world huh?

My legs are like lead today!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woah, I'm an Alien..   Woah, I'm an Alien.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woah, I'm an Alien..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: General :: Blogs-
Jump to: