Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHY GOD WHY?!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: WHY GOD WHY?!!!!   WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:37 am

Return of Fox's '24' Postponed by Strike

The Associated Press

The writers strike has struck down the Fox thriller "24."

"24" is absent from the network's revised, strike-affected schedule for midseason. In its announcement, Fox explained the "Day 7" season for the series would be indefinitely postponed to ensure an uninterrupted run.

Like most series written by members of the Writers Guild of America, "24" is falling prey to a shortfall of scripts. But the heavily sequential, real-time "24" is dependent on a full-season run of 24 episodes.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I knew this could happen when I read that the strike was coming. But I also read in another column the other day that 24 would be one of the shows that would be immune to the strike.

I feel so betrayed. Sad

The good news is, this gives the rest of you more time to get caught up through the six seasons that have already aired and take your rightful places at my side as a disciple of the one and only Jack Bauer.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHY GOD WHY?!!!!   WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:31 am

TV sucks. I don't watch anything, so this is kind of amusing to me.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHY GOD WHY?!!!!   WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 1:54 pm

I watch plenty of TV, but there are very few shows on TV that I can't miss. And 24 is at the top of my list, I drop everything to watch that show.

The Shield is another one. I like a lot of other shows like Scrubs or Grey's Anatomy or Friday Night Lights, but I usually tape them or watch them online if I'm busy.

24 has been a double edged sword the last few years. On one hand, the show doesn't make its premier until mid-January, which sucks. But on the other hand, it goes straight through to the end of the season with no interruptions, no week off or anything like that, and that's awesome. Lost is adopting that philosophy now, they don't debut until February and go straight through as well.

But now the going straight through to the end thing is the reason that they are postponing the premier of Day Seven. I have mixed feelings about it now. Part of me wants the season to start on time because I have to wait three or four months longer than fans of regular fall TV shows; but I also want to avoid the month-long layoff if not more that we'd have to wait through because of the writer's strike.

Oh well. If nothing else, we probably won't have to sit through too much of that crap that they show on TV during the summer because these shows will have run longer to get through their seasons. I guess that could be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHY GOD WHY?!!!!   WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 5:27 pm

Have you seen the trailers for the new series - we got them over here last weekend.

I also heard that 24 was unaffected by the strike, oh well - I also heard that Lost had 8 episodes in the can...
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHY GOD WHY?!!!!   WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:20 am

I watch sports on TV, the food network and a very occasional news program. Ok, I admit, I also stumbled upon Curb Your Enthusiasm once recently because somebody told me to watch it. But I have no idea what "24" is, other than Willie Mays' jersey number.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHY GOD WHY?!!!!   WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:42 am

Here you go, Larry.
This will hold you over.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1788161/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHY GOD WHY?!!!!   WHY GOD WHY?!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHY GOD WHY?!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: Off The Subject-