Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Year of the Quaterback???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-07-14

The Year of the Quaterback??? Empty
PostSubject: The Year of the Quaterback???   The Year of the Quaterback??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:01 am

Last year 5 Qb's had over 4,000 yards

This year if in the remaining three games each Qb averages 250 yards there could be up to 8 Qb's over 4,000 yards

Last year 5 players were over 1500 yards

this year if in the remaining three games each rb averages 100 yards there could be up to 2 Rb's over 1500 yards

has everyone gotten in a throwing frenzy? Has pass defenses gotten worse? offense line's now terrible at rush blocking?

Anyone want to throw out a reason?
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: The Year of the Quaterback???   The Year of the Quaterback??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:39 am

Take a look at how many 1,000 yard rushers there are going to be this season and I think it becomes pretty obvious as to why there will be so many 4,000 yard passers this year.

Last year there were 23 1,000 yard rushers. Right now there are only five and only about 10 or so that are in range to do so. Whether it be because of the two back systems everyone likes these days or simply because defending the run has become easier, I think that is why there may be so many 4,000 yard passers this season.

I also think that there are only so many ways that you can run the ball, but a million different ways to scheme the passing game. A lot more formations, route combinations etc.

That's my theory anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: The Year of the Quaterback???   The Year of the Quaterback??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:49 am

There have always been a million different ways to scheme the passing game... but every year the rules tip a wee bit more in favor of the QBs and WRs.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: The Year of the Quaterback???   The Year of the Quaterback??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:53 am

True. At this point, it's practically against the rules to look at the opposing QBs cleats in an threatening manner. You can barely touch the guy. Under those circumstances, I'd be telling my guys to throw it all the time too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: The Year of the Quaterback???   The Year of the Quaterback??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:20 am

I agree. The rules are so in the wr/qb favor its not even funny. You touch a wr past yards and its almost guaranteed to be a penalty. Should these rules become less strict again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Year of the Quaterback???   The Year of the Quaterback??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Year of the Quaterback???
Page 1 of 1