Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ex Bear In Gambling Ring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Ex Bear In Gambling Ring Empty
PostSubject: Ex Bear In Gambling Ring   Ex Bear In Gambling Ring Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:19 am

Former Bear Arrested In NJ Gambling Bust
SOMERVILLE, N.J. (AP) ? A former Bears offensive lineman was one of five men arrested over the weekend in a bust of an alleged Internet gambling operation.

Authorities say 37-year-old Todd Burger collected gambling debts for suspect Anthony "Cheese" Pecoraro.

Burger played for the Chicago Bears from 1993 to 1997, starting 24 games. He was signed by the Bears as a free agent after playing at Penn State.

He later played for the New York Jets.

New Jersey authorities conducted a four-month investigation into the gambling ring.

They say the operation used the Web site www.beteastsports.com to process illegal wagers.

Authorities seized about $70,000 in cash from the suspects in addition to computers and a .357 Magnum handgun.

----------
You can't make this up. Let me get this straight: The business partners were Burger and "Cheese"?

I need to ketchup with this story. Basically, Burger and Cheese are now in a pickle. Apparently Burger didn't know his onions well enough to save enough from his NFL days to cut the mustard. So he resorted to being a bookie. $70k is alot of lettuce. Burger was taken away in a patty wagon. He confessed after he was grilled by the FBI. Cheese also melted under the heat.

Supposedly, Burger asked Cheese to get off his back and take the lettuce with him. Cheese had both his Swiss and American accounts frozen. And Burger is now likely to flip for the cops.

This certainly is a whopper of a story. What I want to know is which one is going to get it between the buns when they are in prison.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ex Bear In Gambling Ring   Ex Bear In Gambling Ring Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:29 am

lol! WOW, I'm impressed. I would have been stuck at burger, cheese and pickle.
Back to top Go down
Spaulding

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Ex Bear In Gambling Ring   Ex Bear In Gambling Ring Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Excellent reading!
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Ex Bear In Gambling Ring   Ex Bear In Gambling Ring Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 12:56 pm

Good Stuff Coast, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Ex Bear In Gambling Ring   Ex Bear In Gambling Ring Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:35 pm

There is no proper response to this. bounce pig confused Laughing elephant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex Bear In Gambling Ring   Ex Bear In Gambling Ring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex Bear In Gambling Ring
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: STUN Podcast Forums :: The NFL Tailgate-
Jump to: