Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger's first golf course

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Tiger's first golf course Empty
PostSubject: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 pm

Tiger will be designing his first US golf course soon in his attempt to become the richest guy ever ever ever.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1650336,00.html

Lucky for me, the coarse is about 20 minutes away, maybe if I start saving now I can play a round when I retire.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:57 pm

I can only imagine what it might cost to golf eighteen holes at that course.

But Coop I think you'd have to wait til retirement to play the course is because you'd have to make reservations for a tee time months or years in advance I would think.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:40 pm

I think that would intimidate the hell out of me, playing on a course designed by the world's best golfer.

I really hope the owners don't set asshole greens fees. The Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail has as much business as it does for a reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:52 am

whodeygal wrote:
I really hope the owners don't set asshole greens fees.
They have to. Who's gonna want to play at the Tiger Woods course? Everyone!

One 18 hole course and a billion people want in... you have to jack the price up.

Quote :
I think that would intimidate the hell out of me, playing on a course designed by the world's best golfer.
I'm picturing a circular lake 500 yards in diameter. Now I'm picturing a 15 foot wide floating green right in the middle of it. And there's sharks in the water... with freakin' laser beams. First hole. Par 3.

On hole #2 the quicksand and cannibals come into play...
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:54 am

The area being mentioned where the course will be built, "The Cliffs" is the playground for the rich. So the fees will be outrageous and a lot of those fees will be paid by corporations whom allow their CEOs and sales team to entertain customers.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:13 am

And I'm sure he's getting a positively stupid amount of money for it. The article also said that he's getting $25 million to design a course in Dubai. That is a positively sick amount of money.

I guess that baby's gotta eat. And have designer golf clubs.
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:00 am

The strange thing about Tiger is that he is much more popular in Dubai and in China than he is in America. He plays a tournament in China that guarantees him something around 15 to 20 million just to play regardless of where he finishes. His name lends credence to the tournament in that country.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:16 am

Wow, and he's already pretty popular here.

I wanna be like Tiger when I grow up. Except without the skinny Swedish wife, of course. This girls door only swings one way, thanks.

Mostly the rich part. I want the rich part.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:09 am

Quote :
This girls door only swings one way, thanks.
Hooooly crap.
I no longer feel odd about my hook.

Quote :
Mostly the rich part. I want the rich part.
Women...

Quote :
He plays a tournament in China that guarantees him something around 15 to 20 million just to play regardless of where he finishes.
He's played tournaments in China? Huh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's first golf course   Tiger's first golf course Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger's first golf course
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: General Sports Discussion-
Jump to: