Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy Empty
PostSubject: Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy   Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 11:55 pm

During our last Stewie Awards show, Simmons and I decided that the Bonehead of the Year Award would be named after the recipient for the entire year.

And during this year's Stewie presentation, Simmons and I elected Northern Colorado backup Punter Mitch Cozad as the winner. Thus, for the remainder of the STU calendar year, the Bonehead Award is the Mitch Cozad Award.

Just reminder, Cozad was unhappy with his status as a backup to first string punter Rafeal Mendoza......so he assaulted and stabbed Mendoza as a means of earning the top position.

It didn't work out.

Cozad was charged with second-degree assault and first-degree attempted murder for the attack and his trial has been going on for the last couple of weeks. The verdict came back today and Cozad got off easy; He was convicted of the second-degree assault, but found not guilty of the first-degree attempted murder.

So instead of getting 25 to life, his sentence will be significantly less.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy   Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 12:08 am

I'm not surprised. I had a feeling that attempted murder was going to be difficult to prove, based on the evidence released to the press. He stabbed him in the leg, which looks more like an attempt to disable than to kill. There would have been more effective ways to rub dude out if he'd wanted to.

Now if he'd been charged with First-Degree Nutjob? That would've been a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy   Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 12:10 am

That sounds vaguely familiar.
How's Rafeal?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy   Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 12:19 am

From what I've been reading, still a bit freaked. Which is completely understandable.

The assault charge still carries up to 16 years, so there's still a chance he'll do some serious time. Not 25 to life serious, but that's still a good chunk of his life gone. Hopefully they'll opt for higher rather than lower.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy   Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonehead Award Namesake Gets Off Easy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: General Sports Discussion-
Jump to: