Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oklahoma City Sonics?

Go down 
+2
whodeygal
Underground Dyer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Oklahoma City Sonics? Empty
PostSubject: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:39 pm

A minority owner of the Seattle Sonics has been reported to say that one possible destination for the Sonics to move to is Oklahoma City, the town the Hornets played in while New Orleans was recovering from Hurricane Katrina.

I personally have no problem with the move, especially since Oklahoma City treated the Hornets well when they were in town. My only thing is that I hope that the team changes their name from the Sonics to something else because Oklahome City Sonics doesn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 am

Well, weren't they called the Sonics because of Seattle's high elevation or something? I don't know if that would really fit in Oklahoma City. Kind of like the L.A. Lakers; we're used to it, but it doesn't really fit.

I wonder what they would change the name to. Has anyone around here been to Oklahoma City? What's down there? Do we call them the Oklahoma City Dustbowls? The Oklahoma City Amazingly Large and Flat Expanse of Flatness? And can they get that printed on a jersey?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
wasudante

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:59 am

they obviously would change the name of the team. i think this is a really bad move and i hope the nba blocks it. seattle is a great basketball town and they just made some really great moves this offseason. this would be a shame for the nba. it's be like taking away football from...mm..like buffalo. seattle supports their nba team.
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 6:07 am

I was really surprised to hear the Sonics might be moving, Seattle seems like a tremendous sports town that supports all their teams. Not so sure about comparing them to the Buffalo Bills though. The day the Bills are allowed to leave Buffalo might be the day Jesus comes back.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:46 pm

whodeygal wrote:
The Oklahoma City Amazingly Large and Flat Expanse of Flatness?

I could get behind the OCALFEF.

Ocalfef.

That almost sounds like a real word.

Some sort of exotic coffee. "Try new Ocalfef! Smooth blend, covered in rich Oklahoma dust! It's dusty!"
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 9:56 pm

How bout the Oklahoma City Twisters? That's tornado alley...

OR the Oklahoma City Paranoid Farmers With Nothing Talk About But the Weathers.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:06 pm

I like the Twisters a lot. Good work Sims.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Okay, fine, if you want to be all traditionalist about it. Razz

I was feeling pretty partial to Oklahoma City Paranoid Farmers With Nothing Talk About But the Weathers: OCPFWNTABW. That would fit on a jersey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma City Sonics?   Oklahoma City Sonics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oklahoma City Sonics?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: National Basketball Association-
Jump to: