Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern   Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:14 pm

Just thought I'd post a note for die-hards looking for something to watch tonight. I'll give this a run in the first quarter at the least to just say what kind of reception Trent Green will get from Chiefs fans. I bet they cheer him and they are already wishing he was back in KC.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern   Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Well, considering what's happened to him so far in Miami, I think the only way it could be worse is if he got sniped running onto the field.

Not that I want that to happen. I actually like the guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern   Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:22 pm

I'm a big fan of his back to his 'Skins days when he took the field midway through and played pretty well. Don't see many Indiana Grads playing Pro ball. I had the chance to meet him when he signed with the Rams and he was an awesome guy to talk to. He gave me a good ten minutes of his time after their scrimmage and we just talked about all kinds of stuff. That's the type of quality time you could get with the bad St. Louis Rams in Champagne, Illinois back in the day. Meanwhile one of my buddies was talking to some no name guy..what was his name again...Oh yea, Kurt Warner. Like that guy was going to see the light of day on the field...
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern   Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:24 pm

Oh yeah! I've heard of that guy.

Didn't he play in the AFL for a while or something? Sheesh, what a loser. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern   Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:30 pm

Yea, I remember actually being kinda pissed or rolling my eyes at him for wasting all this time talking to this grad from Northern Iowa. Of course, Jackie Slater than entered their conversation so that was pretty cool. I talked with Green and Marvin Harrison that trip and got Peyton Manning to sign my jersey......only to have my mom wash it because I left it on the floor at home. I might have cried the day I found out. However, now I'm not one who really cares about autographs. I'm more of a meet or get my picture taken with type of fan.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern   Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:39 pm

Yes, a picture lasts forever. Or pretty close. Also, you don't have to stop wearing a particular piece of clothing because there's a signature on it. I have a picture of me with Anthony Munoz that was taken in January, because my best friend is the most awesome best friend ever. You know, just in case he's lurking. Very Happy

That said, if I had an awesome autograph and it got washed out, I would cry pure and simple. I would feel no shame in it.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern   Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 12:04 am

Quote :
Meanwhile one of my buddies was talking to some no name guy..what was his name again...Oh yea, Kurt Warner. Like that guy was going to see the light of day on the field...
Wow! His wife used to let him speak?
Talking to Trent was probably much more enjoyable anyway. I'm sure the Warner conversation started with, "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal lord and savior?"

Quote :
got Peyton Manning to sign my jersey......only to have my mom wash it because I left it on the floor at home.
OUCH! Well... I supposed the fact that you left it lying on the floor really highlights the fact that you really don't care much about autographs :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern   Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Football: Dolphins @ Chiefs, ESPN 8 Eastern
Page 1 of 1