Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy sports question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Fantasy sports question Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 1:15 am

How come in a sport like baseball, Head to head is used instead of rotisserie? In sports like baseball basketball and hockey, a rotisserie league to me would make more sense then a head to head.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 1:21 am

For me, I get bored if I am not playing someone head to head. If I just have to watch theses stats compile through out the year with no immediate gamble or payoff (wins and losses) I'll be bored after a month
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 3:52 am

I don't think of it as me playing someone else. Either way my lineup is staying the same through the week. Also, with head to head, someones pitchers might not pitch until thursday and friday while the others pitch monday. I think with a sport that plays so many games, rotisserie makes more sense then head to head
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 4:27 am

Don't disagree with rotisserie making more sense. I just wouldn't find it as enjoyable compared to having a "game" against someone. I like getting a Win/Loss every week. I feel like progress can be made instead of just watching things develop slowly over time.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:51 am

There are rotisserie leagues still around based on salary caps. Yahoo has one. The first few years I played Fantasy in 80-84, we did not have weekly matchups and scored only on total points. But we did have weekly prize money for the teams that had the 1st and 2nd highest scoring weeks. We also had mid season and year-end prize money. That made that league much more interesting than just watching stats accumulate.
Back to top Go down
bobwiley

bobwiley

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:49 pm

you're old...like me.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 pm

Wiley you old son of a bitch where the hell have you been?

There's been no one around to annoy me for a while......at least not on purpose anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
bobwiley

bobwiley

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:56 pm

Gene Simmons sucks. Go play with your Kiss Figures.

At least his reality show is amusing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy sports question   Fantasy sports question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy sports question
Page 1 of 1