Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...

Go down 
+9
jdburlin1022
bobwiley
Underground Dyer
rockhoppers
whodeygal
CardinalPackerHoosier
meathorse
dolphinsmakemecry
STUN.Ryan
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Empty
PostSubject: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:34 am

Ok, I promise to play nice, but I'm sorry. I saw this on our old friends site and I literally laughed my ass off and fell off my chair. Am I nuts? Is this for real? I'm absolutely speechless. So I guess, supermanox, when I see you in a few weeks you'll need to at least pay $49.95 to sit at a booth with us...of course that's unless someone outbids you. I can only hope to God that ALL of that money is going to a good cause, like to save the life of some poor child.....Anyway, click on this and pick up your jaw.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250158873097&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=015
Back to top Go down
dolphinsmakemecry

dolphinsmakemecry

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:57 am

Are those two clowns serious? I was thinking about going to Chile's tonight. If anyone wants to join me, bidding starts at $25 and no, I won't pay for your meal or drinks either. lol!
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:17 am

Oh my...

Are we sure they put this up? Could someone other than them have put that up as a joke, or to make them look stupid?

If it is for real... oh my... ohhh my. There are several things wrong with this.

1) Is this a private booth? I don't see anything on the Hard Rock Race and Sports Book website about reserving booths. If it's a public booth... fly your ass up there and sit down next to them. When they say, "Hey, you didn't pay for this." Say, "f**k you, it's a public place."

2) What sort of creepy stalker scum do you think will show up? There's a good chance of them ruining their good time for $50

3) If anyone would go to the trouble of flying their asses out to Las Vegas to sit with you... you should be flattered. If anything, you should be paying them.

I want to win that auction then send an insane homeless guy out there to meet them.

Ha! You had me for a second, Ryan, but no way man. This is not for real. It's too dumb.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:32 am

meathorse, my good man....the whole thing is true! I am still dying from this look here!!!!!

http://www.nflrandr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1533

It's real. Razz
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:50 am

I still don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:13 am

OK, well the booth cost money to reserve, but I still can't get behind this one. To each his own, right?
Back to top Go down
CardinalPackerHoosier

CardinalPackerHoosier

Male Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:23 am

Who's Steve and Jeff? Did I miss something here? Why the F would anyone actually pay to sit with them? No offense to Steve or Jeff if they read this buuut damn...there's gotta be another person involved. Is Bono with them or something? Maybe Bill Clinton? Geeesh.
Back to top Go down
http://cardinalnationjournal.blogspot.com
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:25 am

Shocked

I think I may have just had a stroke.

This is....wrong. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:27 am

Three people that'd need to be in that booth...

queen - Jesus (looks more like a guy with long hair, go with it)

farao - King Tut

afro - Bono

Then, I might start bidding.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:37 am

Wouldn't farao be a little smelly? He has been dead for quite some time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:46 am

whodeygal wrote:
Wouldn't farao be a little smelly? He has been dead for quite some time. Laughing
Yes, long time. Past the point of odor. He smells like beef jerky!

Mmmmm... Spiced Pharaoh Stick....
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:53 am

Quote :
Mmmmm... Spiced Pharaoh Stick....
lol! lol! lol!

Also, dirty!

I'm just thinking the boy king might not be much for conversation, ya know?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:55 am

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot...

Quote :
Who's Steve and Jeff?
Steven and Jeff are the hosts of NFL Rants and Raves, another football-related podcast that most of us are quite familiar with.

Quite.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:58 am

Yeah... no kidding. I drove all the way up to Chicago to see that son of a bitch last year... and did he even give me so much as a "hello"?

No. Didn't even bother getting off his jerky ass to meet me at the door.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:05 am

The lemmings are already defending this idea over there.... oh boy Rolling Eyes

Anyone else feel like they're not necessarily the cool kids on the block, but they're 8th graders and the rest of'em are fifth graders? Just reminds me of that....
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:10 am

Oh geez. The sad part is that the justification that was brought up for the auction sounds below stupid too!

I'm noticing that there's still no talk about where the proceeds go. Which means that we all know where the proceeds go.

My interest is piqued. I'm going to track that auction.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:13 am

5 days of double zeros.
Exciting.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:18 am

I've got this feeling "someone's wife" will be bidding soon.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:21 am

Aw man. Just when you think it can't get more pathetic...
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Ryan Simmons wrote:
I've got this feeling "someone's wife" will be bidding soon.

Am I missing something :?:

Also generally am I missing something :!: If anyone is in the UK and close to Welwyn you are welcome to watch the start of the season with me, I will even provide you with some beer and snacks - you will have to sit on the sofa as the armchair is mine Very Happy

I have problems with the guy doing the defending - piperdown - I don't know the bloke but the few times I have been over there his posts have always rubbed me up the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:18 pm

rock -
I was going to use a name, but thought better of it because I didn't think it was fair. I was alluding to Jeff and Steven's wives would bid to make it not look embrassing. I suppose they could create user names and make bids so it looks like there is action on it.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Fair enough - I got confused as Mrs Meathorse has joined the boards and was on that track...
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:46 pm

Simmons made sure to call me yesterday after he read this for the first time.

I was driving home from work and almost wrecked my car when he told me about it. And I thought the autographs was an impressive display of egotism, but this move kicks it up a notch. A couple of notches actually.

I have a million things I'd love to say here, but I'm at work and I know that this will cause me to throw my monitor across the office. I just can't believe that these guys are serious about going through with this. I mean what arrogance these guys have, unreal.

And how about that picture huh? Could have done without the image of those two guys cuddling with each other.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
bobwiley

bobwiley

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:51 pm

If I ever see you cuddling Ryan I will puke.

Booths do run about $200, but the way the are presenting this is pathetic. Actually the whole thing makes me laugh. I'm using their picture as my wallpaper.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:58 pm

bobwiley wrote:
If I ever see you cuddling Ryan I will puke.

The line for the basin would form behind me.

I'm still really low on words for all of this. I'm stymied by the fact that there are people working their buns off to justify this move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...   Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boy this makes the autographs look like nothing...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sports Talk Underground Network :: Sports Discussions :: Off The Subject-
Jump to: