Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Week Two Questions/Comments Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Empty
PostSubject: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 11:22 pm

Had a great time doing the Week One show, really looking forward to tomorrow's Week Two show. Leave your comments and questions here and I will read them during the show. Gonna start of previewing:

Houston at Carolina
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Atlanta at Jacksonville

Get your comments in for these games and I will announce the games I will cover in the second segment during the show.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 4:02 am

Cincinnati at Cleveland. Really?
That one's over already. It'll take a miracle for the Browns to score over 10 points, then another miracle for the Bengals to get less than 10.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 5:35 am

The David Carr bowl should be interesting - I debated over who to pick, which is strange seeing one of the teams is Houston. I like the Texans this year, I think if they play well enough they might go .500.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:32 pm

How many wins will it take for the Bengals to get a wee bit of respect? Yes, the Monday night game was messy, but the Ravens didn't just hand over the game (entirely); the Bengals did some work too. I'm not looking for New England caliber kneepad action here, but a little acknowledgment would be nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:41 pm

True homers never think their team gets the attention it deserves. I assure you the Bengals have more than that wee bit of respect!

Don't get your panties in a bunch over one game that they did win, but the focus was on aspects other than Cincinnati's badassness. It was an odd game.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:54 pm

I never said that it wasn't an odd game. I didn't think that everyone would be beside themselves with the Bengals' awesomeness. That's not what I'm talking about. Pretty much every sports writer on the planet knocked themselves out talking about how it wasn't that the Bengals won the game, it was that the Ravens lost, as though the victory was more easily attributable to things that Baltimore had failed to do, rather than things the Bengals had done. That's not homerism, that's just what was written, and it was kind of annoying. I was more wondering if every win by them was going to get the fluke treatment. Calling me a "true homer" isn't going to change that.

Being irked by the fluke treatment isn't me being a homer. I will the be first person here to say that the Bengals have a lot of work to do; they do. But that doesn't negate the fact that there were some flashes of brilliance in that sloppy game, and they went largely unnoticed, even by most of the members of the STU community.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:59 pm

Yea, it seems funny that the Bengals didn't get much respect for that win. Let's keep in mind, they did beat the AFC North Division Champs of last year who garnered up the #2 seed. Vegas obviously giving them respect with 7.5 point favorite, however I feel that's easy money at this point. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 9:57 pm

OK... fine then.
Quote :
How many wins will it take for the Bengals to get a wee bit of respect?
Two. Razz
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 10:01 pm

meathorse, i wasn't disputing some of your claims either. Sometimes fans of teams don't see it the way us outsiders do. Sometimes its because they truly know more about the team and sometimes they don't realize the rose colored glasses are on.

I've been telling people the Colts defense will be better in the secondary because we got rid of David and Harper. Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden are better in my observations, but maybe its because i just bitched at those other two too much to really know if is an upgrade. I guess time will tell. I do like the fire and passion you brought out of one whodeygal. Laughing
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 10:53 pm

DId someone change their pick on Chargers-Pats????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week Two Questions/Comments Thread   Week Two Questions/Comments Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Week Two Questions/Comments Thread
Page 1 of 1