Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Portland, Oregon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Portland, Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Portland, Oregon   Portland, Oregon Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 12:28 pm

So I've been in Portland this week. First time here in maybe ten years, though I have been here several times. The panhandlers here have taken begging to a very advanced level. A few of them are walking the streets in business suits. Nice ones too.

Monday, this guy stops me in a grey biz suit. I thought he was just another visiting business man looking for directions. He started with some story about his cell phone, losing his blackberry, blah blah blah and he needed two bucks.

A few hours later, another guy. Blue pinstripe suit. Nice tie. Shined shoes. Asked me for five bucks so he could grab the train home. I reminded him the train was free in downtown Portland.

Today, grey suit guy hits me up again. He didn't even seem to remember he had hit me up Monday. I stopped him before he even began his story. I said "If you are going to make the same business presentation to me twice in one week, at least wear a different tie."
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Portland, Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portland, Oregon   Portland, Oregon Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 7:35 pm

Wow! You have nice clothes than me? No dollar for you, Snazzy McBeggarson. Not yours.

Did they still smell like urine?
Did they have business cards?
Back to top Go down

Portland, Oregon
Page 1 of 1