Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday

Go down 
+3
STUN.Ryan
meathorse
Underground Dyer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Empty
PostSubject: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:43 pm

Had a lazy weekend this weekend. Just sat around, hung out with Dad and didn't get a chance to go and see the Chuck & Larry movie. But thankfully it is summer so I won't be missing any great television if I go out and see it tonight. I'll also probably be missing out on any kind of crowd too. So if I get out to see it tonight, I'll record the show tomorrow. If not then I'll definitely go tomorrow night and record on Wednesday.

Other topics of discussion that I'll probably cover: NBA Scandal, opening of camps around the NFL, what I think of the Ring Magazine title and anything else that comes across my path from now until then.

I'll let you know when tomorrow when I'll be recording the show.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:17 am

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/i_now_pronounce_you_chuck_and_larry/

Quote :
Contrived to the point of painful.
Quote :
could be lightly described as flippin' horrendous
Quote :
Chuck & Larry is such an abysmal stab at comedy on every conceivable level that I wish there was a hate group we could join to protest it.
Quote :
It does not aim high, yet it cannot even hit the low targets it sets for itself. It is simply painful.
Quote :
It might seem offensive if it weren't so lame.
Quote :
Each and every character is cookie cutter stupid and I couldn't wait to leave the theater.
There are so many more, but that's enough.
Of course... I despise Adam Sandler, so I'm not really unbiased :)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:34 am

Adam Sandler died long ago and descended into hell with Little Nicky. I was hoping for more out of Kevin James movie career, but so far this isn't looking good.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:48 am

Noted guys, still gonna go see it. I haven't been a fan of Sandler's since Waterboy and I agree that Little Nicky was the beginning of the end for him. But I never listen to critics when it comes to comedies, a lot of these guys wouldn't know funny if it fell on them. It has happened too many times where I have seen critics bash a comedy for not being funny and when I go see it, I can't stop laughing. It's extremely rare to see me and critics agree on funny when it comes to movies.

After Sandler ruined the legacy of The Longest Yard a couple of years ago, he's been on my shit list. But I am a Kevin James fan, so hopefully he can pick up the slack in this one. Not to mention Jessica Biel is in this one too. 90 minutes of her can't suck right?

Sidenote: After The Sunset was on TNT last night.....yeah.....two hours of Salma Hayek in a bikini top.......mmmm......yeah...... Shocked ....sorry.

What I meant to say was, After The Sunset is a very underrated movie. Peirce Brosnan, Salma Hayek, Woody Harrelson and Don Cheadle. Give it a chance if you catch on TV or go out and rent it.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:40 am

My brother saw the movie and said it was pretty darn good. I personally haven't seen it. Looked good though
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

Male Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 2:18 am

I read on Yahoo that it grossed more than Harry Potter on opening weekend.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 2:19 am

That's probably because the PotterHeads were too busy buying the book.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 2:24 am

Yeah, they were too busy discovering the fate of Harry Potter to go and see the movie for a third and fourth time this weekend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 2:28 am

Hey! I haven't seen the Harry Potter movie yet!

But I did read the book this weekend.

Don't judge me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 2:30 am

No judging.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 2:45 am

Feel free to judge me....

I didn't know there was a Harry Potter until the movies started coming out. But I plan on getting caught up with them at some point. I caught a bit of the first one on TV about thirty minutes in, looked kind of interesting.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 2:50 am

I think you know what I'm going to say next.

Everybody sing along!

"The books were better."

The movies aren't bad though.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:44 am

Ohhhh noes... I feel naughty bringing up a different podcast, but it isn't sports so it's OK :)

Anyone listen to a show called "Keith and the Girl"?
About a month ago they ended an episode by reading out Deathly Hallows spoilers found on the internet. No warning, just "... and finally, *spoiler spoiler spoiler*. Good night!"

I was thoroughly amused.

Books are always better. Can't think of a single movie/book pairing where I've done both and liked the movie better.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 6:18 am

My friend listens to them all the time. He told me they were coming to Canada sometime soon for a 'live' show? And I remember reading about them exposing the Podshow contract on digg.

Seems pretty crappy to spoil the ending for everyone Evil or Very Mad but at the same time, hilarious Twisted Evil . Maybe I'll give them a listen.

Does the word "brunski" mean anything to you?
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 6:36 am

"Brumski" means hide your balls.
Back to top Go down
BrianIm

BrianIm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 6:51 am

Quote :
"Brumski" means hide your balls.

Hmmm... duly noted.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:15 am

It's a joke game. Someone says "Brumski?" Then gives you a second to say "No Brumski." If you fail to deliver a prompt response, then you might get your nuts squeezed.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:56 pm

**Mental Note** Never invite Meathorse over to my house.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 pm

pale What the hell is wrong with guys?!

I hate people who think it's funny to spoil things for other people. I mean, you might not get into it, but don't disrespect people who do just because you think it's silly.

A lot of people thought it was funny to spoil the big death in the sixth book. A lot of movies showed up on YouTube of people driving past lines of people who were waiting to get the book, and they'd shout the spoiler, and then drive off, laughing. And then a guy whose webcomic I used to read thought it was great to go into a comment thread for someone's blog post that was completely unrelated to the book, and type it in there in full caps. That's when I stopped reading his webcomic. Because he's an asshole.

I admit that I can be pretty damn cynical about stuff like that, but I also have things that I like and get into, and I want to discover them on my own and not have some cocksucker spoil them for me. That's not to say that I don't get into the occasional bit of mean-spiritedness. One of the things I love most about my closest friend is that he can be gratuitously cruel when he wants to be. Twisted Evil But even I draw the line somewhere.

Um...apparently I have some feelings about the subject. Very Happy God, Simmons was right in his assessment.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:27 pm

I am so lost and I don't even know what I am right about.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:32 pm

Took the words right out my mouth Simmons. I too am lost. :?:
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:36 pm

By the way,

I did go and see Chuck and Larry last night, so I will be recording episode 15 tonight with my Summer Movie Review/Preview.

Other subjects I will touch on:
Michael Vick told to stay home
Curtis Martin to retire
A-Rod on a tear
More Trouble for the Falcons
Drew Carey as PIR host

Not going to touch on the NBA Ref scandal because I'm not sure I can speak intelligently on that, so I'd rather not.

Besides, I gotta leave something for Simmons to talk about when he does his show this week right? lol!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 11:03 pm

Yea, I'm going to have to really dig now...Still might give some thoughts on Drew just because someone that i talked too long about the Price Is Right last time. Sorry people...I'm passioante about this. haha
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:28 am

Quote :
Not going to touch on the NBA Ref scandal because I'm not sure I can speak intelligently on that, so I'd rather not.
Keeping your pie-hole shut when you don't know what you're talking about???
I I love you you. Totally.

I gots mixed feelings too, Whodey. Spoilers infuriate me when it's something I care about... but it wasn't... and it was such a fantastic delivery. Had to laugh!

Now just driving by and yelling it? Poor delivery! If you're going to be a cockface you gotta have some style, right?
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:59 am

Fair enough. There is something to be said for style points. If you're going to be an assface, do it with style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next