Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Playoffs

Go down 
+2
Bad Mahi Mahi
Coast2Coast
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:06 am

NFL looks easy this week. Thats scary. This is a rare week where I I'm not torn between the numbers and the perceptions.

I like the Seahawks. The numbers make the line accurate, but the money is coming in on the other side. The media is really playing up the Redskins team of destiny post Sean Taylor BS and bettors are apparently buying it. I'll wait and play a depressed moneyline or -3 reduced juice or even 2.5 (though I don't expect that).

Pittsburgh looks way too easy. Look, I LOVE Jacksonville and I understand why so many people love this team. They have what it takes to get to the AFC Champ. and every media mouth is telling you that. However, they should NOT be laying 3 at Pittsburgh. The Steelers are getting completely disrespected by bettors. The line reflects their injuries and also reflects the injury to Big Ben. I understand he is playing, so I don't understand the line. I take value as I find it.

Tampa Bay has been one of my favorite bets all season in the right spots. This is another one. This is a short favorite that sholdn't be so short. They could afford to rest guys in week 17, so they did. Yet it appears the public is downgrading them for the result. Well, that and the fact that all the New Yawkahs are apparently betting the Giants with their heart and their wallets. Tampa Bay may be my biggest play of the week, depending on the numbers I get. Garcia vs. Eli? Duh.

Titans injuries are giving us an offset in the line, so just adjust it two points. What I might have considered at +9, I'm now going to get at +10.5 or 11. SD has been an interesting team this year....handling medicore teams and being handled by better teams. The Titans are kind of on the power rating border between the good teams and the blob of mediocre teams. Yet this line says Tenn. doesn't belong. These teams just played a few weeks ago. And Fisher vs. Norv? I'll take Fisher. Under might also be a good play here.
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-09-06

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:48 am

I'm with you on everything but Jax. I agree that Pitt should be a slight favorite and there is good value with that line. However, I just don't think Pitt will win and the line is small enough where it should not come into play.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on seattle. No one seems to be talking about Collins' first playoff start and it could not be at a more difficult venue. Seahawks at full power on offense are impressive yet still underrated. It seems almost disrespectful to seattle for them to only be laying three.

TB should be one of those games where, if you have created a little kitty during the regular season, go all in on them.

That Titan line seems to big.

Good luck with it Coast. I will go hard on Seattle and TB.
Back to top Go down
Chus

Chus

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-28

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:58 am

Bad Mahi Mahi wrote:

That Titan line seems to big.

It might go higher before kickoff. I am gonna be patient.
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 11:52 pm

I decided to tail you on the Steelers because you seemed so sure Coast. Nice cover.

Going to pound those Bucs today.
Back to top Go down
Chus

Chus

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-08-28

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:45 am

I got the Jags early at 1.5
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:35 am

Doesn't look so good on that Bucs pick. Go Giants!
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:43 am

Front running d-bag
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:49 am

Sorry about Tampa Bay. And glad I got +11 on the Tits. Needed every bit of that. Sorry about Tampa Bay. Sad
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:17 am

Coast2Coast wrote:
And glad I got +11 on the Tits.

You're going to need to explain exactly what +11 on Tits means... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:46 am

It means:
a) WHen I have had a tough day betting, my wife consoles me by granting me 11 free gropes, or
b) I had + 11 points on the Tits...er Titans... and they lost by 11, meaning I pushed; or
c) both a and b.
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:23 am

Coast2Coast wrote:
Sorry about Tampa Bay. And glad I got +11 on the Tits. Needed every bit of that. Sorry about Tampa Bay. Sad

You and me both. That looked like a great play in the first quarter.
Back to top Go down
Irish Boy

Irish Boy

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-09-09

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:28 am

The problem is that I bet on them. They'd have blown out the Giants otherwise.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 1:47 am

TheGreek lines for this weekend. Am I the only one who feels like these are some damn high numbers?

Seahawks
Packers -8

Jaguars
Patriots -13

Chargers
Colts -9

Giants
Cowboys -7½

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd take the Chargers and Seahawks for sure this weekend against those lines. I like the Giants getting 7.5 but I wouldn't make a play. Pats -13 is probably right. I'd take them to cover. Of course I won't be making any plays because I never do.

I went 4-0 last week so expect me to go 0-4 this week. :)
Back to top Go down
Irish Boy

Irish Boy

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-09-09

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:33 am

I like the dog in each of those as well.
Back to top Go down
sabu

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-08-31

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 9:39 am

i like all of the dogs except for the patriots

gotta think the pats will run them out of the building

take the over on that as well
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:37 am

I'd be 0-2 if I was betting so far this weekend.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Finished the weekend at 2-2, 6-2 for the 'Offs.

Lines are big again. Will the dogs bite again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFL Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs   NFL Playoffs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Playoffs
Page 1 of 1