Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trick Football Play

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
supermanox

supermanox

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Trick Football Play Empty
PostSubject: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 6:45 pm

Someone should have the balls to try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YnnnnyMjCw
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 7:00 pm

Wow, that's a good one!

I'm not sure many NFL teams would fall for "Hey coach, wrong ball." Laughing

Wouldn't it suck if someone caught on and leveled that poor QB when he was walking along and acting casual? OUCH!
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 7:47 pm

We used to practice plays like those in high school, but we never ran them in the game.

One in particular was a play along the lines of the one in the clip. Our qurterback would complain about some kind of penalty that should have been called on the defense. When we brake the huddle, we get set on the line, but he keeps complaining and eventually says "to hell with this, give me the ball." The center would give him the ball much like the center in the clip did and the quarterback would start to walk off the penalty. And once he was in the clear, he would take off running.

It worked in practice but we never ran it in a game.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
supermanox

supermanox

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:51 pm

Is it an embarassment factor that keeps players and coaches from trying trick plays? Boise State proved that you can pull it off on a high level, but I'd love to see more of it.

Also, why don't more baseball teams try the hidden ball trick, that one is great, and don't tell me that players are smarter and know to look for it.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:22 pm

What's the new avatar representing there Coop?
Back to top Go down
supermanox

supermanox

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 10:46 pm

Its the logo for Rammstein, they're a german band I listen to while working out.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 12:31 am

Quote :
The center would give him the ball much like the center in the clip did and the quarterback would start to walk off the penalty. And once he was in the clear, he would take off running.
Start to walk off the penalty? Like right through the middle of his O-line and into the center of the defense? Holy balls! I'm not sure it's potential embarrassment preventing an attempt there so much as potential dead QB.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 1:18 am

Call it cheap, but peyton Manning has done the fake spike down to run in for two touchdowns in the NFL and both times the lazy officials blew there whisltes a little after the fake and therefore the play had to be ruled dead. It should not have happened the second time as these guys should have been up to date on the Manning trickery. The one against New Orleans years ago was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 1:25 am

meathorse wrote:
Quote :
The center would give him the ball much like the center in the clip did and the quarterback would start to walk off the penalty. And once he was in the clear, he would take off running.
Start to walk off the penalty? Like right through the middle of his O-line and into the center of the defense? Holy balls! I'm not sure it's potential embarrassment preventing an attempt there so much as potential dead QB.

You bet, he took the ball from the center and walked straight up the middle of the field counting his steps. Usually about seven or eight steps in he would take off running.
Back to top Go down
spartan_captan2293

spartan_captan2293

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 am

lol wow i just started to bust out laffing when i saw the center hand the ball to the quarter back and the full back and half back were still down when everyone else was all relaxed and thought the play was dead so i knew he was gunna run .. a team i play has a some what simular play but it didnt work and the funny thing is i ended up tackling him about 2 yards in the back field but it was a lucky shot i grabed him by like an inch of his jersey and dragged him down ..but this one is creative
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gray_and_blue
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trick Football Play   Trick Football Play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trick Football Play
Page 1 of 1