Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Handicapping Contest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

NFL Handicapping Contest Empty
PostSubject: NFL Handicapping Contest   NFL Handicapping Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:44 am

I'm pleased to manage an NFL wagering contest this year. This contest will have exactly the same rules as the legendary Las Vegas Hilton Superbook contest. You will be able to compare your handicapping performance against the best in the business, using the same rules and lines as that contest.

You don't need to tell me you're "in", just begin entering your picks next week in Week #1 of the NFL season.

Rules:
1. You must pick five NFL sides (no totals) against the spread every week using lines that will I will publish in a contest thread here every Tuesday.
2. Picks must be submitted via PM to me (Coast2Coast) no later than 8 pm ET every Friday. This way, nobody will know what games others are picking. If you are playing a Thursday game, all of your picks must be submitted by 8 pm ET on Wednesday of that week. Every week, I will post everyone's picks in the contest thread after the deadline.
3. Picks will be scored giving 1 point for a winner against the spread, 0 points for a loser and .5 points for a push.
4. At the end of the 17 week NFL regular season, we will throw out your worst weekly score and go with your best 16 weeks. This will allow people to miss one week, get a zero for that week, but not be affected in the contest.
5. A prize will be offered to the winner (to be announced).
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: NFL Handicapping Contest   NFL Handicapping Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:31 am

Coast does an excellent job with these contests. This is also a great way to practice before you actually start betting your own money. My advice is to play like this is truly your own money every time. Only play on games you feel strong about. Don't just bet on your team everytime. I learned a lot from this last time around and almost pulled out the win if I hadn't slacked off at the end of the year and had to make a play on everything (which isn't the way to bet)
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: NFL Handicapping Contest   NFL Handicapping Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:42 am

I guess this is as good a place as any...

Coast... the running bucket of chicken is amusing, but I don't get it. Is there anything to get, or is running chicken just funny on its own?

Also, this could be fun. I've never worked against a spread.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: NFL Handicapping Contest   NFL Handicapping Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 8:43 am

Hey, KFC is good! I'd chase a big bucket of it down a field!

I mean really, who wouldn't?

Embarassed Oh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: NFL Handicapping Contest   NFL Handicapping Contest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:03 am

Fried chicken and football seem like a good combo to me. Don't read anything special into this, or other unusual and slightly humorous avatars you might see from me.

And if you wake up in the middle of the night, or in the middle of a football game nap, and have a hankering to tackle a bucket of KFC...it isn't my fault. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Handicapping Contest   NFL Handicapping Contest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Handicapping Contest
Page 1 of 1