Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

Male Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2007-08-22

NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Empty
PostSubject: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:12 am

NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Wk5stn13

NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Wk6lin10

Last edited by on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:33 pm

Coast, I swear I did way better last year doing this? Are these scores dow in general from what you've experienced before? Seems like we all suck Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:50 pm

I generally will not take 5 NFL games in a weekend so this represents a stretch for me. Several 2-3 weeks in a row have left me under .500 now.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:12 pm

This is a much tougher contest, Ryan. This is a required 5 NFL picks every week using the lines as of Tuesday night. That is much tougher than picking any number of games you want in any given week using the best lines available during the week. Last week for example, the games I picked in this contest were not the same games I bet, due to line moves or simply because the lines in this contest were not bettable (I never lay 3.5 or take 2.5, etc.) And besides, most people are better at picking college games than NFL games. Last week was a stretch for me as the contest lines did not present five bettable sides, IMO. If anybody ends up at 60% in this contest, they will deserve the prize. There usually are a handful of experts that beat 60% in the Las Vegas Superbook contest with the same rules, but not many.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Yea, i didn't think about that. I was much choosier in last year's contest. Like you said, I'm required to do five so there'd be games I never would even consider putting actual money on.
Back to top Go down
Bad Mahi Mahi

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:40 am

Coast, if it is easy enough, can you post a weekly rundown of how well the Las Vegas contest is going?
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:46 am

Yes. The results of the LV Superbook Contest come out on Tuesdays. I usually post the standings Monday night and then add the ranks when they are available. See above for this week's rankings.
Back to top Go down
Irish Boy

Irish Boy

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:01 pm

Did you get my picks for this week? I can't tell, but they might be in private message limbo.
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:09 pm

Yes, Irish, I have your picks. Just waiting for picks from Nas and Chus and I will then post them all.
Back to top Go down
Irish Boy

Irish Boy

Male Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:50 pm

I only asked cause they were in my "outbox" and not my "sentbox", so I thought maybe they were getting held up for something.
Back to top Go down
Nas

Nas

Male Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:59 am

Cincinnati -3

The Bengals are 29th in the league against the run which means LJ will probably have a good game. Kansas City also has a top 10 defense. That still won’t help them because they are horrible offensively. With the Bengals 4th ranked offense coming off a bye they will be too much for the Chiefs.

Bengals win 37-16

New Orleans +7

I keep picking the Saints because I keep thinking it’s impossible for their offense to get that bad overnight. They keep proving me wrong. I’m to go with them one more time. With Alexander looking like he has lost a couple steps and the Seahawks offense also missing Branch I think the Saints defense will shut down the Seahawks offense and the real Saints offense will finally show up.

Saints win 30-20

Miami +4.5 (my son made this pick)

Derek Anderson has been pretty good since becoming the starter. This week he has to play without Jamal Lewis and that’s going to hurt. Cleveland has the worst defense and they are giving up over 30 points a game. Ronnie Brown will have a big game on the ground and Cleo Lemon with do just enough to keep them in the game. It won’t be enough to help them win though.

Cleveland win 23-20

New England -5

Tom Brady is one of the best quarterbacks of all-time and Tony Romo is still wet behind the ears. The Bills defense gave Romo problems and the Patriots will give him even more. Look for Romo to be on his back all game and throw at least 2 interceptions. Tom Brady and the Patriot offense will continue to put a lot of points on the board.

Patriots win 38-17

Arizona -4

The Carolina offense will be playing with a rookie quarterback or an old guy that was just signed off the street and Steve Smith isn’t 100%. Warner and the Cardinals offense will be too much for them.

Cardinals win 27-10
Back to top Go down
Coast2Coast

Coast2Coast

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:23 am

NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Wk6pic11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6   NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Pick Against The Spread Contest, Week 6
Page 1 of 1