Sports Talk Underground Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sports Talk Underground Network

Welcome to the Sports Talk Underground Network Community Forum.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday

Go down 
+3
STUN.Ryan
meathorse
Underground Dyer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

Male Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 7:36 pm

Just went to upload my episode to ipodnetworks.com and it appears that I brought the wrong one to work with me affraid

So I guess the debut of episode 15 will have to wait until tomorrow.....my apologies.
Back to top Go down
http://chicagobearsreview.mypodcast.com
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:51 pm

Episode Fifteen is uploading as we speak.....and it is the right episode this time I swear.

Give it a listen and let me know what you guys think.

Here's the link to the show

www.larryfromtheunderground.mypodcast.com
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

Male Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:16 am

Apparently I need to talk about my mother. I would, really, if she weren't standing right behind me every minute of every day.

Suck ass on being killed by a line drive. So he flinched, took the ball in the back of the head, and an artery there ruptured and killed him? So if he didn't see it coming and got nailed in the forehead he probably would have lived. How tragic to die only because you tried to protect yourself.

Also... I nominate this for an entry in my top 5 sports related fatalities. Deny all you want, I know my lists are golden.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

Male Number of posts : 569

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:18 am

Are you the spawn of satan? Just checking...
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 am

Don't change the subject. This is about Larry's show.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:21 am

Laughing meathorse, you are great comic relief.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:24 am

Pointless tidbit.
This coach's brother, Scott Coolbaugh, spent some time in the Majors. You know... if you give a crap about baseball.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=coolbsc01
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:25 am

Ryan Simmons wrote:
Laughing meathorse, you are great comic relief.
Excellent! I'm not really trying to scare people elephant
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:27 am

However, I expect more insight from youlike you had/have on the other board, meathorse. Bring your A game, will ya? Razz
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:34 am

Like the other board... insight like on the other board...
OK... OK I'm ready. Here we go.

Larry is dumb.
The end!
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 5:45 am

I agree. Excellent post! Laughing
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 6:59 am

Just listened to the new show. I'm really enjoying your work on here. Makes for a quick hour.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

Male Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 7:45 am

Yea great show.

But about Pirates. I personally loved the first one. It was its own movie and its own line. (the second needed the third to be complete and the third needed the second, had the series ended after 1 it would have been a good movie still) the second one was good but not as good as the first. And the third I thought, though slow, was better then the second
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

Female Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:51 am

I have yet to see the second Pirates movie. It's in my Netflix queue. I've seen the first one, which I liked, and the third one, which was serviceable. I may feel different about it once I see the second one, since they do seem to be quite dependent on one another. I do know that I will probably not have the same opinion of the trilogy that I had about the Matrix movies, that they should have just stopped after the first one. Seriously, the second Matrix film was so awful that I refused to see the third one. I've still never seen it.

I still think you're too hard on Spiderman 3, Whit. That movie was hilarious. That whole sequence after Peter starts wearing the black costume, and he's all disco, and he's got the Chris Gaines hair? Come on, how could you not laugh at that? It was so ridiculous! The movie had all these great little moments when you paid attention. Like the scene when they're giving Spidey the key to the city, and he swings in, and the marching band is playing. They're playing the theme music from the '70s cartoon. I just laughed my ass off through the whole thing.

This is coming from someone who never liked Spiderman. Peter Parker is such a whiner. I prefer Batman. Bruce Wayne is just as tortured, but with none of the annoying emo crap. But I digress.

Daddy Day Camp is going to suuuuuuck. As always, when you can't get any of the original people to sign on for a sequel, you know it's a problem. That, and Cuba Gooding, Jr. is a good actor, but he can't pick projects for shit. Whoever he allows to pick his scripts for him should be beaten.

Great show Babe, as usual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyacinthtucker.com/
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Yea the second matrix movie was only so so, but the third one came pretty close to the first one. I suggest you go see it.

As for spiderman. Saw the first one and I was dissapointed. Everyone built that movie to be the next coming of the Godfather and to me it was only a so so movie. So I never saw the second or third. And don't plan on seeing any of them.
Back to top Go down
rockhoppers

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 10:09 pm

Great show again, I guess I am in a minority I haven't seen any of the Pirate movies - I know I need to get out more, I see we have a separate thread for the Simpsons Movie, I am looking forward to that one.
Back to top Go down
jdburlin1022

jdburlin1022

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 6:11 am

Saw Bourne today, Freaking awsome. Best 3rd from the summer and easily one of the best overall of the summer
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Didn't get a chance to go see any movies this weekend. Simmons and I went to Bears camp on Saturday and when we got back to the city we went to Game Stop where Simmons bought Guitar Hero II and two guitars. We then spent the next four hours playing that game, we even forgot to eat dinner that night.

Was also busy all day Sunday with STU related business before retiring to a sports bar to catch the Hall of Fame Game/Cubs game before going home to curse the fact that while this weekend was a great time, it was already over.

That's the thing that sucks about fun, it makes time go by so freaking quick.

Long story short, didn't get to see Bourne or Hot Rod this weekend, but look forward to getting caught up.
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:34 am

Quote :
We then spent the next four hours playing that game, we even forgot to eat dinner that night.
This seems like such a goofy game. It's hard to imagine it being that engaging.

Is this thing targeted at people who want to play the guitar but don't want to bother working at it? I tried to teach myself once... don't have that kind of patience. Maybe I can see the draw behind EZ-mode rocking. Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
STUN.Ryan
Host
STUN.Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:39 am

i would say four hours is quite an exaggeration Laughing
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:42 am

What was it then? Three and a half? :)
Back to top Go down
Underground Dyer
Host
Underground Dyer

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:50 am

Actually now that I think about it, it was more like two, two and a half. We interviewed Greg Campbell for the AFC East show that night because he wasn't available any other time and spent the rest of the night playing the game until I left Simmons' place a little after Midnight.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:53 am

Meanwhile, I blew an entire day in my sickbed playing Final Fantasy XII.

Amateurs. :)
Back to top Go down
meathorse

meathorse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:42 am

There's a FFXII? Huh. Does it suck?

X was such trash... I loved the series... but it ruined me! And the sequel? What was with that dress-up crap? Final Fantasy: Barbie Dream House.

I'll stick with my Secret of Mana, snes emulator style.
Back to top Go down
whodeygal

whodeygal

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 5:59 am

You don't know about XII??! Oh, that's too bad. It's sooooo much better than X. I don't like that one either. Blitzball was what did me in. Also, I hate the characters. One good character (Auron) out of six are not good odds. What's with the ambiguously feminine hero du jour? I think one of my GameSpot friends put it best when he said, "Tidus looks like he got lost on the way to a Kris Kross reunion concert." Needless to say, I stopped playing it long before I finished.

FFXII has a completely revamped battle system. No more random battles. All the enemies are right where you can see them. The story isn't Save the World expansive, but still manages to be fairly epic. I'm on my second play-through. It does, in fact, NOT suck. If you hated X, you'll probably love XII. I've noticed that very few people like both. The hubby has played X about six times, but he won't touch XII with a 10-foot pole. Meanwhile, friends who love XII hate X. There just doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

Quote :
Final Fantasy: Barbie Dream House.
lol!

I'm currently splitting my RPG time between FFXII and Dragon Quest VIII. That one's a lot of fun.

How is Secret of Mana? I've heard it's the only good Mana title, period. I loved the way that Dawn of Mana looked and I really wanted to try it, but it reviewed really horribly. One reviewer called it "Dawn of Crap." That can't be good.

Incidentally, have you ever played Star Ocean? I bought it, started it, and I'm not sure I like the animation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday   Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 15: Recording tomorrow/Wednesday
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next